U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2017, 09:15 AM

1,146 posts, read 1,415,190 times

Advertisements

Greeting

The Period of Grace
And the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years."
(Genesis 6:3)
In the time of Noah, because from the time of Adam until Noah, Man’s sins have multiplied, the phrase (his days) meaning the life span of human life, the Lord said meaning that the Holy Spirit shall not strive for man is flesh. We are looking at the age or time period in which Adam live and also in the years in which man live as well.
In this study is showing the life span or the time period of Grace just as in the days of old to our modern days. If Adam fell from sin within his life span, 930 years giving the life span of human to Noah I can al less give maybe a time period with Grace end, by the number of a generation that passes between from Adam to Noah.
Just from as we know, that God saw Grace in Noah, but from Noah, Grace was showed by the Lord and He said "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be “one hundred and twenty years." Meaning to me Grace began the first day with Noah family which only lasted “one hundred and twenty years." And then the flood came, the end of Grace. Genesis 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
Note: This is reference in giving the time in which we live today until the end of Grace in our time by comparing the same time as in Noah. I can even go further by also comparing in the time in Lot days as well.
Sodom and Gomorrah are two cities (Genesis 19:1, 24)
There was no Grace to be found, but instead of a flood there was, “Selective Judgment.”

The fullness of time
Galatians 4:2-5 but is under guardians and stewards until the time appointed by the father. Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world.
But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.

Matthew 5:17-18 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one title will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.

Daniel 8:23 “And in the latter time of their kingdom, When the transgressors have reached their fullness, A king shall arise, Having fierce features, Who understands sinister schemes.

Ephesians 3:1-4 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles- if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you,
how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already,
by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ),
Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
(Meaning that the nation shall know the name Christ but not all are saved)
Genesis 6:3 the LORD said, For "My Spirit shall not strive with man, for he is indeed flesh;
The fullness of Iniquities
Job 4:8 Even as I have seen, Those who plow iniquity And sow trouble reap the same.

Leviticus 24: 10 – 12 The Penalty for Blasphemy
1 Thess 2:16 Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins always: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost

Isaiah 41:15-16 "Behold, I will make you into a new threshing sledge with sharp teeth; You shall thresh the mountains and beat them small, And make the hills like chaff.
You shall winnow them, the wind shall carry them away, And the whirlwind shall scatter them; You shall rejoice in the LORD, And glory in the Holy One of Israel.

Genesis 15:13-16 Then He said to Abram: "Know certainly that your descendants will be strangers in a land that is not theirs, and will serve them, and they will afflict them, four hundred years.
And also the nation whom they serve I will judge; afterward, they shall come out with great possessions.
Now as for you, you shall go to your fathers in peace; you shall be buried at a good old age.
But in the fourth generation, they shall return here, for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet complete."

Who are the Amorites of today? A nomadic people in Mesopotamian sources, especially connected with the mountainous region of Jebel Bishri in Syria called the "mountain of the Amorites".

In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:
The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites,
And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims,
And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girga****es, and the Jebusites.

(Genesis 15:18-21) (Referred to Genesis 14: The Four Kings & The Five Kings Joshua 9:1 -27; 10: 1 -42; 11: 1 -9.) Amorite culture laid at the root of Jerusalem's decadence, according to Ezekiel (Ezekiel 16:3 ,Ezekiel 16:3,16:45 ); and Amorite idolatry tainted the religion of the Northern and Southern Kingdoms (1 Kings 21:26 ; 2 Kings 21:11 ). Despite the Amorite resistance and poor influence, they were subjugated as slaves (Judges 1:35 ; 1 Kings 9:20-21 ; 2 Chronicles 8:7-8 ). Their past hindrance is a subject of derision for the prophet Amos (Amos 2:9-10 ). See also Canaan, History and Religion of ; Jebusites ; Babylon ;Syria ; Sihon Their descent to Canaan may be traced back to 2100-1800 when their settlement in the hill country helped to set the stage for the revelation of God through Israel.

The fullness of Revelation
Ephesians 4:8-10 Therefore He says: "When He ascended on high, He led captivity captive, And gave gifts to men."
(Now this, "He ascended"--what does it mean but that He also first descended into the lower parts of the earth?
He who descended is also the One who ascended far above all the heavens, that He might fill all things.)

Ephesians 4:12-13 (NLT) Their responsibility is to equip God’s people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ.
This will continue until we all come to such unity in our faith and knowledge of God’s Son that we will be mature in the Lord, measuring up to the full and complete standard of Christ.

Ephesians 4:13 (KJV) Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Ephesians 1:22-23 And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Ephesians 3:16-19 trough His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height-- to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

Jeremiah 46:25-28The LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, says: "Behold, I will bring punishment on Amon of No, and Pharaoh and Egypt, with their gods and their kings--Pharaoh and those who trust in him.
And I will deliver them into the hand of those who seek their lives, into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon and the hand of his servants. Afterward it shall be inhabited as in the days of old," says the LORD.
"But do not fear, O My servant Jacob, And do not be dismayed, O Israel! For behold, I will save you from afar, And your offspring from the land of their captivity; Jacob shall return, have rest and be at ease; No one shall make him afraid.
Do not fear, O Jacob My servant," says the LORD, "For I am with you; For I will make a complete end of all the nations To which I have driven you, But I will not make a complete end of you. I will rightly correct you, For I will not leave you wholly unpunished."
Romans 15:27-33 It pleased them indeed, and they are their debtors….For if the Gentiles have been partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister to them in material things.
Therefore, when I have performed this and have sealed to them this fruit, I shall go by way of you to Spain. But I know that when I come to you, I shall come in the fullness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ.
Now I beg you, brethren, through the Lord Jesus Christ, and through the love of the Spirit, that you strive together with me in prayers to God for me, that I may be delivered from those in Judea who do not believe, and that my service for Jerusalem may be acceptable to the saints, that I may come to you with joy by the will of God, and may be refreshed together with you.
Now the God of peace is with you all. Amen.

The Value of Her Cup

God focuses on the fullness of time in different seasons, the Gentiles by them receiving the Gospel message, which is in three parts, Grace, a warning, and last the judgment! The law was already giving by Moses. What bring the final judgment? It is the measure of her fornication which all ready stated, idolatry.

Progressive revelation, by changing the events in which the season in time is Progress.

Foretelling is prophesying the event in time which the time was change in.

Creation or creating a single event can be not change but never can be change back to the first.

A rift in time can not be reverse be can frozen in time, by force unknown or +
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 04:57 PM

8,077 posts, read 7,035,710 times
The age of grace of God through the blood of Jesus Christ dispensation will end at the great judgement at the end of time when every person who ever lived will be raised up from the death to be judged on what they did with the Son of God ..... This will be thousand years after the rapture of the body of Christ .......

Old 09-08-2017, 07:53 PM

2,244 posts, read 607,317 times
Grace ends with the rapture of the body of Christ........

Old 09-09-2017, 04:00 PM

435 posts, read 114,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post

And the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years."
(Genesis 6:3)
The same Hebrew word (OLAM, 5769) used for "forever" in Gen.6:3 also appears in Lam.3:31:

For the Lord will not cast off forever, (Lam.3:31)

32 For if He causes grief, Then He will have compassion According to His abundant lovingkindness. 33 For He does not afflict willingly Or grieve the sons of men.…

Lamentations 3:31-33 as translated above appears to contradict your interpretation of Genesis 6:3.

Alternate translations from yours, however, solve the puzzle:

JPS Tanakh 1917
And the LORD said: 'My spirit shall not abide in man for ever, for that he also is flesh; therefore shall his days be a hundred and twenty years.'

Douay-Rheims Bible
And God said: My spirit shall not remain in man for ever, because he is flesh, and his days shall be a hundred and twenty years.

Young's Literal Translation
And Jehovah saith, 'My Spirit doth not strive in man -- to the age; in their erring they are flesh:' and his days have been an hundred and twenty years.

Concordant Literal Version
And saying is Yahweh Elohim, "Not abide shall My spirit in the human for the eon, in that moreover, he is flesh. And come shall his days to be a hundred and twenty years.

Rotherham Emphasized Bible
And Yahweh said—My spirit shall not rule in man to times age—abiding, for that, he also, is flesh,—Yet his days shall be a hundred and twenty years.

NET Bible
So the LORD said, "My spirit will not remain in humankind indefinitely, since they are mortal. They will remain for 120 more years."

ISV
Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not remain with human beings forever, because they are truly mortal, and their lifespan will be 120 years.

English Standard Version
Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.”

John Wycliffe's Translation
And God seide, My spirit schal not dwelle in man with outen ende, for he is fleisch; and the daies of hym schulen be an hundrid and twenti yeer.

Brenton English Septuagint Translation
And the Lord God said, My Spirit shall certainly not remain among these men for ever, because they are flesh, but their days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

Charles Thompson Translation (of the LXX)
then the Lord God said, "My breath must not continue in these men to this age, because they are flesh; their days however, shall be an hundred and twenty years

Complete Apostle's Bible (of the LXX)
And the Lord God said, My Spirit shall certainly not remain among these men forever, because they are flesh, but their days shall be one hundred and twenty years.

"R.V. marg. rule in. Better, according to many ancient versions, abide in..."

"...Shall not dwell (LXX., οὐ μὴ καταμείνη; Vulgate, non permanebit; Syriac, Onkelos)."

Bible Hub: Search, Read, Study the Bible in Many Languages

"Genesis 6:3 compare perhaps continue, do something continually, in modern Egyptian Arabic (SoSK lxvii {1894}, 211 f.). (1) ᵐ5 ᵑ9 ᵑ6 Onk read ידיר or (Kue) ילון abide in, dwell, — My spirit will not abide in man for ever; this best suits the context, but ידור, as Aramaism, is dubious (2) Kn De Schr RVm render rule in, supported by Zechariah 3:7 only. (3) Thes Ew Di render be humbled in, sustained by Arabic usage, but not by Hebrew (4) strive with of AV RV (compare 6 above) is hardly justified."

Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew and English Lexicon, Unabridged, Electronic Database.

Bible Hub: Search, Read, Study the Bible in Many Languages

And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. (Gen.12:3)

1 Jn.2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

If God doesn't save all, is it because He can't or doesn't want to?
"...it doesn't say what most evangelizers of hopelessness want it to say in that regard either."
"It is false, he maintained, to translate that phrase as "everlasting punishment," introducing into the New Testament the concept found in the Islamic Quran that God is going to torture the wicked forever."
"...non-Christians are punished forever for not recieving grace, which doesn't seem very graceful to me."

Forum
Scholar's Corner: The Center for Bible studies in Christian Universalism
https://www.tentmaker.org/books/hope_beyond_hell.pdf
Love Wins Because God Is Love… | For Whom nothing is impossible…Love NEVER Fails!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or