Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 12:18 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,006,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
More nonsense from the fearful.
Fear is the bedrock of fundie faith.
Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 09-11-2017 at 04:45 PM.. Reason: Accusatory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2017, 12:40 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,687,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
If more people are praying and prayers work, whay are there children still starving to death and/or are being sexually abused each and everyday?
I think this question reveals the real struggle of the tree of The Knowledge of good and evil Vs The tree of life..
and one reason why the athiests in the midst don't get the answers they want from christians..... because the longer the christians have walked the more he knows there is only one answer ....more than any other question that has ever been posed this one reveals a person source of life ... either one tree or the other is revealed .

.. because when we eat from the tree of our own knowledge of "good and evil" . and say we pray for all sinners living to be saved(universalists ) and lots of words like "judgemental" come from their lips. because it would be "good" and we all know how "Good" God is right ? ,,, how right-eous can that sound ? ..... and thus they see no victims of their or anyone else's sins.. then we curse the innocent and they die in order that sinners can have the kind of ' life" they want to live.. .

and if we in our own desires and our knowledge pray for the innocent at the cost of the sinners because it would be "good" and not evil... ...we curse the sinners and they will die ..

. on that tree is the human knowledge of good and evil and both good and evil kill and are death itself ! they and are the same thing no matter how we disguise it and pretend there is such a thing as 'good', there isn't ..

that is why we must eat from the tree of His life and his spirit..and pray as he and His spirit leads for what he is doing at that very moment so that HE has Fruits of life and protection and also change for the sinner is available... he and his spirit and all heaven can do that, but we can't, we can't protect anyone from death as long as we operate in our own desires and not his .
good and a catch 22 and a game of Russian roulette with 50% bullets in the chambers....... or His life at His tree and his will .. that is the only real question ever posed . and everyone is answering that question only with every choice and every judgement you make!!!

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 09-11-2017 at 01:07 PM..

Old 09-11-2017, 12:51 PM

45,269 posts, read 26,773,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Fear driven business ?

I drew them with cords of a man, with ties of love; Hosea 11:4

Like the good old hymn says

Fear lifted fear lifted me
When none but the devil could help
Fear lifted me

When Love doesn't work let's resort to fear.
Quote:
A shame you choose to interpret the statement this way... but typical.

Old 09-11-2017, 01:28 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,687,763 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9

Steve says that one places registered 51 inches of rain for Harvey .. Now doesn't that sound like the days of Naoh to you ? and Irma is bigger..
Now where I live we have had as much as 4 to 6 inches in one day and I was wondering why I hadn't been building an ark. I was mad at him for not telling me to build an ark.. I was sure I needed one... that is as much rain in one day than the normal rainfall of most of Ca in most whole years( that is where I grew up ) so we have no idea what rain is there.. . so 4 to 6 inches and there was tornadoes they scared me silly when we moved back here. can you image 51 inches in a few days..wow. ten times as much rain as when I thought I needed an ark..

Old 09-11-2017, 01:36 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,168,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Heard this... this morning...

Anything that drives a person to the Lord is good.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
A shame you choose to interpret the statement this way... but typical.
Did you miss the OP platform and the ministries propaganda within the body of their video?
GOOD comes from those who help others, not from threatening them with Religious beliefs.

Old 09-11-2017, 02:10 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,168,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
Steve says that one places registered 51 inches of rain for Harvey .. Now doesn't that sound like the days of Naoh to you ? and Irma is bigger..
Now where I live we have had as much as 4 to 6 inches in one day and I was wondering why I hadn't been building an ark. I was mad at him for not telling me to build an ark.. I was sure I needed one... that is as much rain in one day than the normal rainfall of most of Ca in most whole years( that is where I grew up ) so we have no idea what rain is there.. . so 4 to 6 inches and there was tornadoes they scared me silly when we moved back here. can you image 51 inches in a few days..wow. ten times as much rain as when I thought I needed an ark..
Can you imagine bringing up a child from these flood waters who has been under for several days knowing that their parent is waiting? Are you going to comfort them or tell them it's an act of GOD? I am a dive-master and have been ask multiple times to search for those that were lost in these horrific events. Try reaching out with your heart, not a religious belief-system.

Old 09-11-2017, 02:19 PM

22,760 posts, read 10,220,141 times
Newsweek just did a piece saying that the scientists have no idea what is wrong with the sun, but something is terribly wrong.

Rosh Hshanah is coming, the night is passing and the dawn is about to waken the wolves of Benjamin.

Old 09-11-2017, 02:22 PM

9,588 posts, read 4,985,958 times
Wait until the poles shift when the Sons become completely upright as well, and He finally has a place to lay His Head. You ain't seen nothing yet. Peace

Old 09-11-2017, 02:57 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,056,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Wait until the poles shift when the Sons become completely upright as well, and He finally has a place to lay His Head. You ain't seen nothing yet. Peace
And neither have you going on the fact you are to busy being focused on the flesh, thus prohibiting you to see God in all things and ever present in all things.

Old 09-11-2017, 03:07 PM

9,588 posts, read 4,985,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
And neither have you going on the fact you are to busy being focused on the flesh, thus prohibiting you to see God in all things and ever present in all things.

And what makes you think I don't see Him in all things? I see precisely what He shows me and give out what He has taught me. Like it or not, He is going to circumcise the flesh off those that lay down their lives for Him. You can squeal about how unfair it is all you want, deny it all you want, but it won't change His plans one iota, nor give you access to where you think you are entitled to go. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity