Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2017, 05:17 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
i believe in eye witnesses and recorded anyway history, I believe in thus oral traditions of native and native people stories . because that is how we recorded history after the "Turtle Island event( that involved the moon) of about 2800 or 3200 years ago.. thus what I know for sure is they will have more truth in the stories , than will ever be found true from a fool and educated nutter who spent 4-8 years partying and got a special piece of paper that gives him the right to say that now everything he says is brilliant and true . who now makes up stories and sells books with his own ideas in them because he has been "educated" by other people who spent 4-8 years high and or drunk too . and truly one year experience in a classroom 8 times doesn't a genius make nor will he have any wisdom or true intelligence or true information to "cipher" with .

so I will use the book of Enoch/ Lamech / and Noah's records who are quoted in the bible a few times . because they are reliable .. and the Bible is the most trusted book in all history, proven true over and over again in spite of educated fools . throw into that some native stories and wow .. Boy does humanity have a awesome history.
So I will stay with eyewinessed history both written and oral .. because these will have way more truth than a educated fool does. but still even if with only and all the truth were available to a fool, he will still find a way to poke himself in his own eye.
If you want to use non-canonical books, that's fine with me. I am not going to base any of my theology on something I am not sure of, especially what is oral from sinful, errant men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2017, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I will get back to you with all the errors you just posted later...
I will still be here.

Old 09-19-2017, 05:21 AM

Quote:
I have all the evidence that I need...
I am happy for you.

Old 09-19-2017, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Enoch is a Hebrew book...
Yes it is but it is not in the canon of Scripture I accept as being inspired by God. If you want to use it that is fine with me.

Old 09-19-2017, 05:49 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
If you want to use non-canonical books, that's fine with me. I am not going to base any of my theology on something I am not sure of, especially what is oral from sinful, errant men.
This is where you need to educate yourself...The book of Enoch was used extensively by the early Church as was the book of Jasher...Both were quoted from in you New Testament..You should ask yourself why were they put aside by the church when the church initially used them...Why would the Apostles quote from them in their letters to the churches if they didn't deem them worthy?...While the book of Enoch didn't make it into the cannon, it doesn't contradict anything in the Bible, in fact, it makes things clearer...It fills in the gaps...Id you research it, you'll find that the church's opinion was that the book of Enoch was too heavy for the average layman to bear, so it was suppressed and only the upper hierarchy know and study it...

Old 09-19-2017, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Sources, please...Here is mine...
My source is the O.T.

Quote:
The Jewish View of Satan
I know the Jewish view of Satan, it is not Biblical.

Quote:
Question: Christianity proclaims that one should love his enemies. Isn’t this wrong? Satan is the enemy of mankind, and mankind is the enemy of Satan. When will people stop following error and evil?
Stan is no longer the personal enemy of Christians. Nothing he can do can affect my relationship with God. Many Christians give Satan too much credit for things in their life, IMO.

Quote:
Answer: It is very important to understand the difference between the Jewish understanding of Satan and the Christian understanding of Satan.
Only if their view is correct and according to Christianity, it is not. When there are opposing views one must look at the Scriptures to determine which one is correct and accept i and reject the other one.

Quote:
First of all, in doing a quick search of the Hebrew and Christian bibles, we find a remarkable difference. In the Jewish bible (Tanakh), we find three separate references to Satan (the book of Job is considered one reference because it is one continuous story). However, in the New Testament, a book 1/3 the size of the Hebrew bible, we find 35 references to Satan. If we add the word “devil†to the search, we get an additional 32 references in the New Testament. In total, a search using different euphemisms for Satan leaves us with well over a hundred references. So, the first thing we need to understand is that in Judaism, HaSatan is not a main focus of our relationship with HaShem (G-d). Whereas, Christianity almost seems preoccupied with him.
Satan is seldom mentioned in Christiasn teaching.

Quote:
This applies only to passages referring to Satan as a proper name – the angelic being. The word Satan is actually used many times in the Tanakh, and it means an adversary, obstacle or stumbling block.
That points to the error in Jewish theology about Satan. God does not put stumbling block in the believers way, He removes them(Isa 40:4).

[quote]Besides the shear pre-occupation with Satan, we find another very major, fundamental difference between the Jewish understanding of Satan and the Christian understanding of him.

In Christianity, Satan is an enemy of G-d, an opposing force, and something very bad. In Christianity, Satan has a level of power that is considered almost equal to that of G-d. In the Christian bible (2 Corinthians 4:3-4), Satan is called the god of this world. However, in Judaism Satan is an agent of G-d, created by G-d for a specific purpose, and something very good. Satan is simply an agent of G-d, just as all the other angels are simply agents of G-d. This is why we frequently see passages where the author appears to interchange G-d and an angel (leading to the often erroneous Christian concept of a christophony).

To think Christians are pre-occupied with Satan is not true. To say God ordered Satan to inflict harm of Job is not Biblical.

Quote:
If we take a look at Isaiah 45:7, we see that Hashem is the creator of everything, as the text says, “bringing forth light and create darkness, I make peace and create evil, I am G-d who does all these things.†In the Jewish bible, everything is under the jurisdiction of G-d and under His power – all forces, even evil forces. Everything comes from G-d, He created everything, good and evil. That being the case, Satan is not a rival of G-d, he is a messenger of G-d and unable to do anything outside of G-d’s will.
All good translations say "calamity," not "evil." Evil was not created, It came into being becaue of Adam's sin.

Quote:
In contrast to Christian literature, where Satan is understood to be an evil force, the enemy of G-d, in Jewish literature, he is seen as a blessing to the Jewish people. Why? Let’s consider for a moment what Satan means. As mentioned before, the word not only means an adversary, but a stumbling block or an obstacle. What exactly is an obstacle? It is something which is put in our path requiring us to overcome it. Obstacles in this life give us opportunities to stretch our muscles and to grow.

Let’s take a look at what Judaism has to say about Satan. In the Genesis account of creation, we are told that G-d saw that each day was good, but on the last day it says that G-d saw that everything was VERY good. The Talmud teaches that this refers to the Evil inclination, which it equates with the Satan. Why is this good? It is the Evil inclination that provides our passions and desires, it is the evil inclination which is responsible for not only all the evil that transpires in this world, but also for all the good. For if we did not have passions, appetites and desires, we would also have no motivation and we would accomplish very little, either good or bad in this life.

If you look at the use of Satan in the Hebrew bible, you find that as a concept, it is much more about an experience than a person, an experience where G-d has put a roadblock in front of us. This is Satan, this is an adversary. So why is this a good thing? Because if we were to go through life without ever experiencing these roadblocks or adversaries, obstacles in life, there would be no potential for virtue in the world. For if we were never tempted to do the things that we are not supposed to do, then not doing them would be of no value to us. It is only in coming up against a desire to do what is wrong and overcoming this that we grow as spiritual people. - Ask the Rabbi, JewishAnswers.org » The Jewish View of Satan

See the referenced link above for more education...
The Jewish view of Satan is not Biblical. If Satan had not lied to Eve, and certfainly God did not direct him to, we would have no evil in God's very good creation.

Quote:
Berei**** - Genesis - Chapter 3

1 Now the serpent was cunning, more than all the beasts of the field that the Lord God had made, and it said to the woman, "Did God indeed say, 'You shall not eat of any of the trees of the garden?'"

Where does it say here that the serpent was an angel?...It compares him with all the BEASTS of the field...What is so difficult to understand here?...
If you read Ezk 28:11-14 you will see that he was a cherub, one form of angel.

[quote]Show me anywhere else in the Tanakh where serpent is used as a metaphor for Satan....
Only one example is needed

Quote:
Sin is not allowed in heaven, where G-d is, especially His Throne Room...What bible are you reading?...
Where have I said there will be sin in heaven?

Quote:
as I've said, shows how much you really know...
I know you can't show me where Satan is God's servant.

Old 09-19-2017, 06:04 AM

[quote=Richard1965;49552771]
Quote:

That's talking about the king of Babylon, not Satan...Try again...
Think allegory and it might help you understand the passage.

It is interesting that some accuse fundamentalist of insisting the Bible is all literal, find fault when we use passages as figurative,.

Old 09-19-2017, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Do your own research...
IOW you can't.

Old 09-19-2017, 06:08 AM

Quote:
This is where you need to educate yourself...The book of Enoch was used extensively by the early Church as was the book of Jasher...Both were quoted from in you New Testament..You should ask yourself why were they put aside by the church when the church initially used them...Why would the Apostles quote from them in their letters to the churches if they didn't deem them worthy?...While the book of Enoch didn't make it into the cannon, it doesn't contradict anything in the Bible, in fact, it makes things clearer...It fills in the gaps...Id you research it, you'll find that the church's opinion was that the book of Enoch was too heavy for the average layman to bear, so it was suppressed and only the upper hierarchy know and study it...
I know it is not included in the Protestant canon. That is all I need to know.

No book is above the Holy Spirit ability to guide Christians into the truth of it.

Old 09-19-2017, 11:03 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
I know it is not included in the Protestant canon. That is all I need to know.

No book is above the Holy Spirit ability to guide Christians into the truth of it.
Like I said, you need to educate yourself...Study to show thyself approved...So far all I see is foolish talk...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity