Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 12:36 AM

271 posts, read 190,851 times

Advertisements

So I am watching Paul the Apostle and it shows Saul (before he was Paul) saving Barnabas's life.
Hagar is present. Is this true? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2017, 02:58 AM

9,688 posts, read 10,008,103 times
Probably a Hollywood story and not scripture from the bible ..... Barnabas knew Saul before Saul changed his name to Paul but no mention of saving the life of the other , then only Hagar was 2 thousand years before who came through Abraham and mother of Ishmael

Old 09-20-2017, 10:27 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraCountyMtnBiker View Post
So I am watching Paul the Apostle and it shows Saul (before he was Paul) saving Barnabas's life.
He has his own tv show? And Hagar is in it? As in the handmaiden of Sarah?

Old 09-20-2017, 01:25 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
From Christianity Today
Paul the Apostle | Christianity Today
"Unfortunately, Paul the Apostle is one of the weakest entries in the series. Directed by Roger Young (who also directed Joseph and Jesus) from a script by Gareth Jones (Bonhoeffer: Agent of Grace) and Gianmario Pagano (The Apocalypse), the film dilutes its biblical source material with much more fictitious material than any of the films that came before it."

Old 09-20-2017, 03:53 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
No.

Old 09-20-2017, 11:09 PM

Thanks everyone. expatCa you get around lol

Old 09-20-2017, 11:29 PM

Even if it is a mythical movie, I am still glad it's the only sorta scriptural movie my husband will listen to.

We are moving 1.5 to be near Christians. We'll I am. He thinks it's for other reasons but agreed to attend church with me. I've heard this Pastor preaching at Sierraville Community Church on the book of Acts.
I am pretty sure this pastor is saved though I have yet to meet him. You guys gotta go listen to his sermons online

They accepted our offer on a house about 30 min away from this church. Christians are very hard to find, and as time passes, not being part of a church, it's a real lonely existence. Most of my friends are unsaved as is my entire family

Old 09-21-2017, 10:27 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Well, even fiction can be presenting a true message even if the details are not factual. I did a little check on your church choice at https://sierravillecc.wordpress.com/ and what I have read sounds thoughtful and good. I hope you find a good church home.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:57 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Even if it is a mythical movie, I am still glad it's the only sorta scriptural movie my husband will listen to.

We are moving 1.5 to be near Christians. We'll I am. He thinks it's for other reasons but agreed to attend church with me. I've heard this Pastor preaching at Sierraville Community Church on the book of Acts.
I am pretty sure this pastor is saved though I have yet to meet him. You guys gotta go listen to his sermons online

They accepted our offer on a house about 30 min away from this church. Christians are very hard to find, and as time passes, not being part of a church, it's a real lonely existence. Most of my friends are unsaved as is my entire family
Here is the website for Sierraville Community Church. - Sierraville Community Church | Sierraville Community Church.

The page that comes up contains their statement of belief. ''What we believe,'' and I'm in agreement with it.
They believe in the Trinity and that Jesus is God.

That Satan is a real personality.

That there is only one way for a person to be saved, that salvation is a gift from God which is received through faith in Christ Jesus.

They believe in the eternal security of the believer. That once saved, the believer cannot lose his salvation.

They believe in the pre-tribulational rapture of the church and in the second coming of Jesus at which time He will establish His Millennial kingdom on the earth.

They believe that the souls of all believers are present with God in heaven where they await the resurrection of men.

They believe that those who believed in the death and resurrection of Christ will have eternal life, while those who did not believe will go to an everlasting punishment in the lake of fire.
Their statement of belief is Biblically and doctrinally sound.

Here is the audio sermon on Acts and on some other subjects - https://www.chirbit.com/SierravilleCommunityChurch

Old 09-21-2017, 01:12 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:

Do you mean this one? Sierraville Community Church | Sierraville Community Church

If so...looks like a fabulous church. Statement of faith is spot on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity