Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2017, 12:14 PM

709 posts, read 377,915 times

Advertisements

9. But they that are minded to be rich fall into a temptation and a snare and many foolish and hurtful lusts, such as drown men in destruction and perdition.

10. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil: which some reaching after have been led astray from the faith, and have pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

11. But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. (1 Tim. 6:9-11)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2017, 12:19 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Follow After Righteousness:

And always do what is right and good.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:16 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
9. But they that are minded to be rich fall into a temptation and a snare and many foolish and hurtful lusts, such as drown men in destruction and perdition.

10. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil: which some reaching after have been led astray from the faith, and have pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

11. But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. (1 Tim. 6:9-11)
I never "minded" to be rich but it turned out that I became just that, kind of late in life. Well, richer than I thought I'd be, anyway.

I'd already spent 40-some years without much coin and when it became available it didn't make much nevermind in my day-to-day life. The only thing that changed was I could buy things I never thought of buying before.

But because I never thought of buying them, I didn't necessarily want them when I could.

So, having money is better than not. As we say in the North - "No doot aboot'er."

But having lived most of a life without much moolah, having some doesn't change a whole lot. Except for making day-to-day life easier.

Which, come to think of it, DOES change a whole lot.

Doh. I really am grateful.

Old 09-24-2017, 06:58 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I never "minded" to be rich but it turned out that I became just that, kind of late in life. Well, richer than I thought I'd be, anyway.

I'd already spent 40-some years without much coin and when it became available it didn't make much nevermind in my day-to-day life. The only thing that changed was I could buy things I never thought of buying before.

But because I never thought of buying them, I didn't necessarily want them when I could.

So, having money is better than not. As we say in the North - "No doot aboot'er."

But having lived most of a life without much moolah, having some doesn't change a whole lot. Except for making day-to-day life easier.

Which, come to think of it, DOES change a whole lot.

Doh. I really am grateful.
Yes, it says the "love of money" not the possession of it. Money today is loved like never before. Gotta have a (Name any expensive car, house, clothing, etc). If you have money, it is what you do with it that shows what you love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity