Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 03:34 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,565,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
you lost me here..... "higher power", "ultimate reality", "primal source"-- that connection with and knowing, loving, serving, worshipping that great....(you fill in the blank depending on your particular belief---or lack of belief system).
you can hope that . but it won't work out that way .

his sheep know his voice..and they will follow. but not all God's are him or have his voice. good luck.
the problem is that this voice of yours isn't literal. Its not even the words. Its the meaning of the words or notions that are trying to be expressed. "love, compassion, understanding, and charity". it doesn't matter what words or voice is speaking to these notions.

The expression of the belief in these is the tell.

Old 10-04-2017, 05:16 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,203,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
There is only ONE way, ONE truth and ONE life ... obviously something that those who reject such are the ones who actually make up the citizenry of BIGOTS and HATERS
Lay the bible down, back away from the ancient words written by men, and go forth and experience LIVE. I believe that even bigots and haters can change (highly unlikely) but it can happen...

Eventually ALL people will be accepted for who they are, bakers will bake cakes, coercion will end, and the Muslim will sit with the Christian, the Mormon break bread with the JW and all the people will acknowledge that ALL are indeed their BROTHERS and SISTERS and we are neighbors on an UNIVERSAL level, and that nationality, creed, ethnicity and race are all man-made constructs designed to divide us from each other much as there is POWER in solidarity and unity makes us better.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:56 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,724,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
na, we are fearful of people that take a belief statement about such things as the only real truth.
boy isn't life easy when you fear nothing.. that too will end for both of you.

Old 10-04-2017, 10:23 AM

28,090 posts, read 29,930,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Lay the bible down, back away from the ancient words written by men, and go forth and experience LIVE. I believe that even bigots and haters can change (highly unlikely) but it can happen...

Eventually ALL people will be accepted for who they are, bakers will bake cakes, coercion will end, and the Muslim will sit with the Christian, the Mormon break bread with the JW and all the people will acknowledge that ALL are indeed their BROTHERS and SISTERS and we are neighbors on an UNIVERSAL level, and that nationality, creed, ethnicity and race are all man-made constructs designed to divide us from each other much as there is POWER in solidarity and unity makes us better.
That was the best post I've ever seen from you zthatzmanz. Beautiful!

Old 10-05-2017, 10:33 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,485,555 times
Quote:

1) The citizen of HATERS and BIGOTS are those hypocrites who when having no shame they quote any part of the Bible, then have the attitude like: "Lay the bible down, back away from the ancient words written by men,"

2) "Eventually ALL people will be accepted for who they are" ... that's just not true since God's Word declares all will be judged by the Perfect, Holy and Just God. And those on the left of Jesus will know just how deceived they are when being condemned by Jesus to "outer darkness" is the last thing heard.

3) The demonic humanistic religion calling card of "all roads lead to heaven" will not save your soul ... so said Jesus.

Last edited by twin.spin; 10-05-2017 at 10:42 AM..

Old 10-05-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
1) The citizen of HATERS and BIGOTS are those hypocrites who when having no shame they quote any part of the Bible, then have the attitude like: "Lay the bible down, back away from the ancient words written by men,"

2) "Eventually ALL people will be accepted for who they are" ... that's just not true since God's Word declares all will be judged by the Perfect, Holy and Just God. And those on the left of Jesus will know just how deceived they are when being condemned by Jesus to "outer darkness" is the last thing heard.

3) The demonic humanistic religion calling card of "all roads lead to heaven" will not save your soul ... so said Jesus.
and they say it's not the heat that kills, but the humidity? Is that why so many move to Arizona?

Being neighbors has zero to do with this "judgement" that men wrote of in an ancient book that no longer has an original reference and suffered numerous edits and revisions by the social elite throughout history.

Old 10-05-2017, 12:28 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,032 times
Quote:
and they say it's not the heat that kills, but the humidity? Is that why so many move to Arizona?

Being neighbors has zero to do with this "judgement" that men wrote of in an ancient book that no longer has an original reference and suffered numerous edits and revisions by the social elite throughout history.
What happened did that vessel of yours cease from producing it own heat.

I held out hope for you.

But it seems someone has decieved you into blasphemy.

Old 10-05-2017, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
What happened did that vessel of yours cease from producing it own heat.

I held out hope for you.

But it seems someone has decieved you into blasphemy.
By what measure do you speak this opinion?

Old 10-05-2017, 06:50 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,032 times
Quote:
By what measure do you speak this opinion?

Wow, I wonder what that artist salary is.

https://nakedpastor.com/2014/09/tony...-the-theology/

I agree.
I do not find abusers amusing.

And this includes those that pervert the scriptures to warp the context of morality or lack of being shown in each and every circumstance.

zman, i hope you understand that the scripture warns of such wolves in sheeps clothing. Abusers preying on the timid to yield the very thing that has become their own hole to fill.

So you must walk with diligence and judge individual circumstance as not to allow the enemy to persuade your tongue.
Discipline yourself with studying the scripture so that you can both defend yourself and others.

This articled link may have what seems to be truths in it. But the pattern in which is woven gives report of its motive. The truth is always at the Heart of the matter.
As subtle as can be the enemy will creep and crawl to the lowest only to build you up in falseness.
First always laying a foundation of deceit in defining the Religion it wants you to see. When the enemy has found a hold of the thing that you have yet to reconcile, a root will take hold.
This is when you will be built up in pride.
And over and over and again the enemy will do this to you. So long as you continue to avoid studying the scripture with the Greatest Counselor that Ever proceeded any of us.

I held out hope for you zman.

Because You stood right next to me when i faced down one of the nastiest demons to post here.

And you probably didnt even know did you?

Last edited by pinacled; 10-05-2017 at 07:33 PM..

Old 10-06-2017, 01:02 PM

1,146 posts, read 647,988 times
Quote:
Everyone is running towards religion for salvation, when we should all be running AWAY from RELIGION and towards the TRUTH...
Nobody is running toward religion for salvation. Religion is used as an excuse for salvation a kind of membership card to throw in God's face to justify sin and self-indulgence.

Pseudo-Christians use the name of the Christ to justify flirtations with sin, self-important and devious interpretations of scripture and empty ceremony to cleanse guilt from their conscience. All of this false religion is like a plague upon the earth and it does nothing except to placate a mind obsessed with wickedness.

Most people seek the truth, but when they find it they discover that truth will talk back to them.
Truth will require certain behavior and truth will not turn from what it requires.

Having discovered this uncomfortable situation, most people turn their back upon the truth. They tell others that they couldn't find it or that it didn't agree with them or that it wasn't what they expected. So they hide in the dark, making the words of Jesus quite true when He said that most men hate the light and hide in the darkness.

Truth is the enemy of sin and because most of mankind prefers to go their own way they deny the truth and call it a lie. This sort of thing works for a while, but in the end lies will kill those that follow it.

It is easier to blame somebody else for the uncomfortable aspects of truth than it may be to hear it, to follow it and to stand up to a world that hates it.

Almost every post on this page attempts to squirm its way out of the light of truth.

The time to repent is at hand. The time to seek truth and to deny ourselves in the act of embracing it in all its glory.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity