Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2017, 07:55 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,193,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
abundant, full filled, contributed more than you take, help when you can, and pass on information. Be happy to be sure, but your duty doesn't have to include you being happy all the time. Not even most of the time. maybe content, but that's different than happy for me.

No regrets when I die is out the window, but I did have some fun.

for some, things gnaw at our gut worse than death.
Thanks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Separate thing..
I dunno what any one thinks of the Amplified Bible..new thread could be made.. but this is what it says...which makes one 'think'.

10 The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy.
I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance
[to the full, till it overflows].

For me, adding to what others have said, that means 'abundance in everything...joy all over the place...over brimming...'

Reminds me if my dad died and his last words were ....''Now enjoy yourself with everything I've
built and done for you and left to you..."
So if I am depressed or miserable...well, that sucks, cuz my dad wanted me to be so happy and
that was his purpose during his life, knowing he wouldn't be here forever...everything was for me...
to have a great happy life.

Old 10-02-2017, 08:03 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,753,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Thanks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Separate thing..
I dunno what any one thinks of the Amplified Bible..new thread could be made.. but this is what it says...which makes one 'think'.

For me, adding to what others have said, that means 'abundance in everything...joy all over the place...over brimming...'

Reminds me if my dad died and his last words were ....''Now enjoy yourself with everything I've
So if I am depressed or miserable...well, that sucks, cuz my dad wanted me to be so happy and
that was his purpose during his life, knowing he wouldn't be here forever...everything was for me...
Sounds to me Like a Good author.

Old 10-02-2017, 10:00 PM

465 posts, read 233,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin The fallacy is yours. Jesus in fact was pointing to Scriptures for life when he stated: "These are the very words that testify about Me yet you refuse to come to Me to have life"
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Are you THAT dense? Look again: The scriptures that you spend all your time studying testify ABOUT me, but you spend all your time IN those scriptures and NEVER come to ME.. You learn NOTHING from the scriptures that they should teach you.
Huh he's not taught but you are teachable which is the biggest laugh that history will tell the whole truth.

You aren't teachable, far from it, that how many Christians got submerged from this forum for those roots?

Well, why don't you just talk on that one just one time, as to how many took the bait for the banishments?

Then tell us all about life again, how much you have plenty already, want more, that's all, have the sweets.

"From The Company Of Shadows" for what happens to those who tell of something, that is, whistleblowers.

What really happens to them under the shadows of a government placed in the same hands of the enemies.

The microphone must be propped up high enough that perhaps next time those papers won't hit journalists.

Old 10-02-2017, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Thanks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Separate thing..

Did he leave you with any other advice.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:32 AM

Can we stay on topic, guys?

It's simple ...what is your interpretation of what Jesus said in John 10-13,14 or so...
but mainly that phrase in the op. Thanks.

This isn't a thread about then mocking what people believe it means or
going into Revelations.

You are free to start a thread of your own on those things or another thread on
John 10:10, btw.

Old 10-03-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Can we stay on topic, guys?

It's simple ...what is your interpretation of what Jesus said in John 10-13,14 or so...
but mainly that phrase in the op. Thanks.

This isn't a thread about then mocking what people believe it means or
going into Revelations.

You are free to start a thread of your own on those things or another thread on
John 10:10, btw.
Like a tree planted near running water. Whos roots have pierced the foundation of the earth and are nourished from the wells of the deep. The roots themselves becoming the very living foundation of strength that no weapon forged can over come nor come near to. With a height that none can rival the Tree grows to reach the Clouds, becoming a shade to comfort all the birds whos hearts have been wash at the basin pools of the roots of the tree
A tree to speaks volumes of itself into all other trees that find the foundations,.
In producing the fruits to sustain others in a time of need the tree is given a name above all names.

So that when a time of famine came there would be a place for those that seek nourishment.
As so not to forget a brother who did the same for me in due season.

Yet such a prosperity is taken advantage of daily by those who forgot the brother that had provided for them.

In forgetting they were consumed by the desire of the flesh and became desolate.
To never again grow into the very life giving provision they were intended to be.

Last edited by pinacled; 10-03-2017 at 12:24 PM..

Old 10-06-2017, 11:08 AM

22,747 posts, read 10,207,716 times
Quote:
Just that...how would you personally interpret His meaning?

You can take the verses before and after...didn't mean to take it out of context.
Been there, done that and got the wrath!!
Thanks

There are two words for the word,'' Life.''

One is life, and one is abundant life.

The truth and the life is found in the Holy place, but the temple is a progression and we are trying to enter in through the narrow way where there is no door, we are trying to become high priests who are able to enter abundant life in the holy of holies. Entering life is when you move from the broad way in the Court in the Holy place because you have just become a chosen person of God, peculiar to God and are considered God's people who are able to enter life in the Holy place, and then to seek abundant life in through the Holy of Holies where the uterus is.

Old 10-06-2017, 11:13 AM

22,747 posts, read 10,207,716 times
KJV Genesis 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of
the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every
way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

The first occurrance of the word "Derek" in the Bible is
found in Genesis 3:24. In this verse, it says:

" ... keep the way (to) of the tree of life"

In Hebrew, it says:

Alef, Tav ... Derek ... Etz ... HaChayim

Alef, Tav ... Way .... Tree ... the Life ...

We are told that Alef, Tav is the WAY to the Tree of Life.

CHAI = ZOE IN GREEK

The Hebrew word, "Chai" / Life corresponds to the Greek
word ZOE. ZOE is the Strong's number 2222.

THE WORDS OF MESSIAH ARE LIFE = FOLLOW TORAH

KJV John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth
nothing: the WORDS that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they
are LIFE.

MESSIAH CAME TO BRING ZOE = CHAI / ZOE IS ABUNDANT LIFE

KJV John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill,
and to destroy: I am come that they might have LIFE, and that they
might have it MORE ABUNDANTLY.

For much more on this

MESSIAH: THE WAY, TRUTH AND LIFE

Old 10-06-2017, 01:11 PM

Thanks.

Old 10-09-2017, 07:58 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,349,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
The fallacy is yours. Jesus in fact was pointing to Scriptures for life when he stated: "These are the very words that testify about Me yet you refuse to come to Me to have life"
This shouldn't surprise me. You are doing the very same thing by clinging to the words written in a book instead of the Word Himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.