Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 05:26 PM

20,392 posts, read 12,685,091 times

Advertisements

If the spirit is telling you something contrary to scripture, it’s not the Spirit.

Old 10-17-2017, 05:43 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,782,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
If the spirit is telling you something contrary to scripture, it’s not the Spirit.
You have made an idol out of your ideas about scripture. All you want to do now is throw bombs in every thread with your VERY deliberate circular logic.

Jimmie, you are such a <bleep>. All you are doing now is trying to stir up trouble.

Last edited by mensaguy; 10-17-2017 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: Play nice, please

Old 10-17-2017, 05:47 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,004,042 times
Quote:

Old 10-17-2017, 06:51 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,236,632 times
What does the last page or so have to do with your take on that sentence about abundant life?
Getting way off topic.

Old 10-17-2017, 07:30 PM

20,392 posts, read 12,685,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
You have made an idol out of your ideas about scripture. All you want to do now is throw bombs in every thread with your VERY deliberate circular logic.

Jimmie, you are such a <bleep>. All you are doing now is trying to stir up trouble.
I don’t give my time and money to the Lord’s work because I worship the Bible.

Old 10-17-2017, 07:36 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,236,632 times
Well, I believe this thread has run it's course...and then into a ditch.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:24 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,126,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
You have NO IDEA of my relationship with Him, and it's apparently outside your realm of experience for His Spirit to teach you His word and give you revelation on it and Him. That's a shame, as He's no respecter of persons. Peace
From what i have heard you saying on here is all i can go by. If actually had a relationship, you would have no issue explaining the characteristics of the Spirit. What you have said above is not to be found in the scriptures. You have to add to the scriptures to fit your beliefs. For example, the scripture says..... We are led by the Spirit, you say, we are led by the Spirit to read the bible, or we are led by the Spirit which is the word The bolded is what you have added to the scripture. Your dependency on the bible rather than that which you know is God within is what has molded you(been there done that).

Old 10-18-2017, 01:55 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,665,557 times
Quote:
The Holy Spirit did tell Jesus something that was contrary to written Scripture. That's why six times in Matthew five (after facetiously telling His listeners the Law wouldn't pass away), Jesus reinterpreted or taught in opposition to the very words of Scripture you idolize. If you didn't idolize it, you would be able to see and reason with Scripture as Jesus and Paul did. Sin, other than your own, wouldn't be a primary focus, but rather sharing God's love for all---including atheists, homosexuals, and Muslims ----would be your purpose rather than attempting to argue them from where they are to where you think they should be.

If God can work a good thing in your life, why isn't that life simply a mirror of love and forgiveness you think you have found? If your life doesn't see Scripture as a rulebook (Jesus didn't see it as that) then you needn't be telling others what the rules are.

But methinks you may love rules far more than Jesus. If grace is what you are counting on because you are a sinner like me, then let grace be the groundwork for others as well---without the "rules." A picture of a life lived without judging others for their sins, speaks more loudly than the Bible ever has.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:49 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,004,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
From what i have heard you saying on here is all i can go by. If actually had a relationship, you would have no issue explaining the characteristics of the Spirit. What you have said above is not to be found in the scriptures. You have to add to the scriptures to fit your beliefs. For example, the scripture says..... We are led by the Spirit, you say, we are led by the Spirit to read the bible, or we are led by the Spirit which is the word The bolded is what you have added to the scripture. Your dependency on the bible rather than that which you know is God within is what has molded you(been there done that).

Is that a fact? I think I established in another thread awhile back, that the same Spirit spoke all the scriptures in both NT and OT, so what then is He going to bring to our remembrance and teach? Give it up, your doctrine is full of holes, you have left the path a long time ago. Repent and turn back to your first love. Peace

John14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:51 AM

16,596 posts, read 15,537,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Well, I believe this thread has run it's course...and then into a ditch.
Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity