U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2017, 01:12 PM

1,426 posts, read 1,146,975 times

Advertisements

HOME

it is part of Lutheran-Church Canada the Canadian branch fof the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod.. just went their this Sunday. on sunday morning i suddenly feel the urge to go to that church. On Saturday i never thought of going to church

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGJk0oHwsCA

more about the LCMS whose branch is Lutheran Church Canada
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 01:23 PM

moderators kindly move this thread into the Christianity forum.

Old 10-03-2017, 01:38 PM

7,931 posts, read 8,506,993 times
First Ozzyrules

The beauty of faith

Now you. Call me skeptical. Online Atheists who change their spots. In real life atheists find God and Christ. Seen it more than once. Have two Christian friends, who were former atheists.

With that said the Local MS Lutheran church is a kind and loving body that runs about 225 on Sunday. I play my flute there once a month. It is my second church.

Old 10-06-2017, 05:10 PM

i will be relatively far away from this church this sunday. i will stay with relatives in a cty bordering toronto where it is a 2 our bus ride. i may go to this other church in the area i am staying Christ Our King Lutheran Church - Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

it is part of the Lutheran church Canada. the Canadian branch of the Lutheran church Missouri synod

update: i am going out later on sunday so it will be a tiring to go all the way to the church near by place go back to my relatives place and then go out later

Last edited by Meester-Chung; 10-06-2017 at 05:25 PM..

Old 05-21-2018, 01:56 PM

https://youtu.be/BXCV4Wd7KkU

Why Lutherans Do Not Believe in the Rapture

The concept of the rapture, where Christians will be snatched away from the earth, is less than 200 years old. The promise of Revelation Chapter 21 is that the new Jerusalem comes to earth where God promises to dwell with us. Revelation rather than an escape plan is book of great hope where the Lamb of God who gave his life for all sits upon the throne calling us to be the Lamb's followers and to be known by love. Scripture portrays a God who heals the world rather than one who brings violence and war (tribulation). [Correction: I cited the wrong book at about 5 minutes. I said Deuteronomy when I meant to say Daniel 9:25-27]

Old 06-18-2018, 08:11 AM

Official creed of the Lutheran church; 95 Theses or 95 Articles of Martin Luther, 1517 AD

Official Creed of the American Baptist Association

Old 06-18-2018, 09:24 AM

1,422 posts, read 395,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post

The concept of the rapture, where Christians will be snatched away from the earth, is less than 200 years old. The promise of Revelation Chapter 21 is that the new Jerusalem comes to earth where God promises to dwell with us. Revelation rather than an escape plan is book of great hope where the Lamb of God who gave his life for all sits upon the throne calling us to be the Lamb's followers and to be known by love. Scripture portrays a God who heals the world rather than one who brings violence and war (tribulation). [Correction: I cited the wrong book at about 5 minutes. I said Deuteronomy when I meant to say Daniel 9:25-27]

Started out as a Lutheran a long time ago. Found out there were a lot of things they didn't understand. My guess is they don't know the rapture is coming because they ignore Paul. Then they don't know the real believing group today is the body of Christ, and why it doesn't fit in with Israel during the Tribulation. The rapture will happen before the Trib whether Lutherans believe in them or not. The Lord comes in the air for the rapture, He touches down on Zion at His 2nd coming. Two separate events. My guess is there will be a lot of shocked Lutherans running around.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Started out as a Lutheran a long time ago. Found out there were a lot of things they didn't understand. My guess is they don't know the rapture is coming because they ignore Paul. Then they don't know the real believing group today is the body of Christ, and why it doesn't fit in with Israel during the Tribulation. The rapture will happen before the Trib whether Lutherans believe in them or not. The Lord comes in the air for the rapture, He touches down on Zion at His 2nd coming. Two separate events. My guess is there will be a lot of shocked Lutherans running around.

Futurism(which includes the pre-trib rapture was invented by Jesuits writers Manuel Lacunza (1731-1801) and Francisco Ribera (1537-1591). The Jesuits was started to counter the protestant reformation. look up counter-reformation.

Left Behind by the Jesuits!!

The Catholic Origins of Futurism and Preterism

google Jesuit futurism for more

the same Jesuits also invented "preterism" which place the events of Revelations in the first century

Old 06-18-2018, 10:54 AM

5,523 posts, read 3,380,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
So...the Lutherans aren't true believers, and won't be raptured with the rest? They'll just be left behind to run around?

(FWIW, I'm not Lutheran and don't believe in a pre-trib rapture, but that's irrelevant to your point.)

Old 06-18-2018, 11:04 AM

1,951 posts, read 1,333,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post

Then apparently Lutherans don't understand the Biblical concept of the translation and first resurrection.

That other thing you're talking about from 200 years ago and John Darby is the falsified denominational concept of the "rapture", where Christians get rescued from the antichrist and fly away to heaven after leaving their clothes neatly folded on a chair, or atop a tombstone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or