Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 08:29 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Didn't chastise you, btw, but, if you are going to ask me, I
will ask you, period...goes both ways.

How ridiculous of a question 'do I know that it is God that heals'...do you read anything I say?
If I am clouded and blocked by not having faith, sorry...I find it effects the healing...if I am wrong,
well, ok...but ... it has! Doubt is doubt where ever it is coming from.

The hosp wing question...as you recall...I said I had to run and would be back, did I not?
I must say, your attitude is not my style of communication.
It is snarky and snotty like a 7th grader going, Nanananana♫ ...Oh if you could learn to use honey instead of vinegar.
I could say nothing about your attitude, but then you might not learn finesse and the art of communication and diplomacy.

As I began telling you that should have given you enough to satisfy you for awhile, so as not to show impatience...Each person needs education...
an entire shift in thinking and in their beliefs.
I have not made the choice in my life to go to strangers anywhere and to pray for a healing for them.
Period.
Now, if you would like to now rake me over some coals for being a bad person, not being a selfless saint doing this non-stop with strangers in wheel chairs...go ahead...but I would block you again, but permanently this time, because it would be immature nonsense.

If someone that is doing just that...stranger healings and would like to inspire me...I'm all ears.
I respond to mature spiritual wisdom and guidance with kindness.
I'm sorry if it seem snarky, but I really despise the damage that the faith "healers" do to the church. Maybe that isn't you...but when you start saying that we can all be healed and it's up to us, and our faith...well, that's smacks of a late night tv evangelist asking for seed money. Sorry to be so blunt....but come on! There are people dying and you claim to be able to heal them. Is it morally right for you to deny that healing simply because they're strangers?

Now...if you want to be small enough that you can't take serious discussion and want to simply block me...well...that's your choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 09:48 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I stated that I was not talking about physical maladies that come about from emotional pain/trauma. (guilt/shame/self-hatred/fear etc. are all included under the heading "emotional pain/trauma").
Maybe this is where we would better understand each other (tho not necessarily agree, haha)...I do think every single solitary disease/pain...from macular degeneration to a stubbed toe is from within us. Everything sure comes from within ME!!
...Whether unconscious beliefs, emotions such as anger, hatred, fear, guilt etc...

Quote:
continued:

If a person is 100% emotionally healthy, you are essentially saying that if there is some sort of unconscious lack of true faith (that faith to move mountains but just one small SLIVER of doubt type of faith) that the person can be BLOCKED From being healed?
Is that what you're saying? That God WANTS To heal them, but He is unable to because
they don't quite have enough faith?
No.
In a recent post I talked about the diff between faith and belief.
A person can have the faith of a giant in the spiritual realms....yet, if they believe they do not,
say, deserve to be healed (this is very common!)...see, it is a belief, has nothing to do with their strong faith.
This belief system will block the healing 'from Above', you might call it.
Where God wants to heal the person...but their thoughts or embedded core beliefs are like
obstacles to this flow of healing from the spiritual realms...the Holy Spirit, angels doing God's Will...
however one sees it.

Faith...beliefs...2 different things.

Thus, the double-minded man...'Lord please help me..."
Yet, unconsciously thinking/believing...."Oh He won't help me ; I have been SO bad.''
Mixed messages that go out are not answered...just the way the System works.

You and I have so far talked about 'here'...emotional issues 'here'...I know that all sorts of things happened before 'here'...agreements, I will say were made before birth 'here'.
BUT...that would have to be a separate thread carried over.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Sill haven't gotten that broken bone healing right...
Smith Wigglesworth and John G. Lake certainly did...and much more.

Old 10-13-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I'm sorry if it seem snarky, but I really despise the damage that the faith "healers" do to the church. Maybe that isn't you...but when you start saying that we can all be healed and it's up to us, and our faith...well, that's smacks of a late night tv evangelist asking for seed money. Sorry to be so blunt....but come on! There are people dying and you claim to be able to heal them. Is it morally right for you to deny that healing simply because they're strangers?

Now...if you want to be small enough that you can't take serious discussion and want to simply block me...well...that's your choice.
Thank you, your disgust for TV evangelists rubbed off in your posts, for sure.

Small minded has nothing to do with it, dear, life is short I respect my time and have done this many times on forums, it gets old...and bottom line...
I DO NOT CARE to change your beliefs...you believe what you will.

When I speak about these things i am not talking to atheists or you...but to anyone drawn to listen and
be inspired be me. Just as a comedian is not on stage for hecklers....that is not why he's there.
(Tho, he has to expect it...as it happens on open Forums, also.)
The others that want to tear my words or experiences down..I really
have no use for...I feel as you do they do harm to others, as you think about me...but, HEY...I trust that God will show everyone 'the way' when it is their time...all in God's time...so why burden myself with attempting to change a person that does not want to be changed, see?

They will never be changed by a woman on a Forum, do you think? I know this...I am not on some mission to change them.
So why go thru this dialogue with them/you...yet, they/you love to go into attack- tear down mode...
why not pass my posts by....because I am hurting some church? What?
Am I asking old people to send me money? Come on...

Even in your statement judging me as small minded shows me your lack of kindness that goes
on in your thoughts.
You could have simply said..'If you don't want to discuss this with me that is your choice'...but no...you prefer to put a little zinger in there...I wish you would change that ...it is polarizing.

It shows everyone how your mind works...'Be mean, say judgmental words, this is how to get a point across, tear down a person, as if you're in the ring...all is fair in this need to
change people to think as I do..."

So if it goes on with me much longer...not using better ways to communicate, controlling your emotions, thus, words..I won't care to discuss things with you.
Lemme tellya...it took some therapy and guidance to learn how to talk to people myself...
I alienated people in my life years ago.

Is it morally wrong to not help strangers....again...you must read my posts...do that and see if that has already been answered.

Old 10-13-2017, 10:31 AM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Maybe this is where we would better understand each other (tho not necessarily agree, haha)...I do think every single solitary disease/pain...from macular degeneration to a stubbed toe is from within us. Everything sure comes from within ME!!
...Whether unconscious beliefs, emotions such as anger, hatred, fear, guilt etc...
You believe ALL disease is caused from internal beliefs, emotions?? Please clarify that. Because emotional well being can have a positive effect on your immune system, I already said I agreed with that sort of thing. But you are saying that a stubbed toe comes from within us?? How does that work? lol. Seriously, though... Miss Hepburn, you believe that ALL disease stems from emotional/unconscious beliefs/ etc? What about a broken bone? A gunshot wound?

Quote:
No.
In a recent post I talked about the diff between faith and belief.
A person can have the faith of a giant in the spiritual realms....yet, if they believe they do not,
say, deserve to be healed (this is very common!)...see, it is a belief, has nothing to do with their strong faith.
This belief system will block the healing 'from Above', you might call it.
Where God wants to heal the person...but their thoughts or embedded core beliefs are like
obstacles to this flow of healing from the spiritual realms...the Holy Spirit, angels doing God's Will...
however one sees it.

Faith...beliefs...2 different things.

Thus, the double-minded man...'Lord please help me..."
Yet, unconsciously thinking/believing...."Oh He won't help me ; I have been SO bad.''
Mixed messages that go out are not answered...just the way the System works.

You and I have so far talked about 'here'...emotional issues 'here'...I know that all sorts of things happened before 'here'...agreements, I will say were made before birth 'here'.
BUT...that would have to be a separate thread carried over.

Miss Hepburn, I already said... if the person is 100% emotionally HEALTHY... Go back and read my post, please. 100% emotionally healthy. They have no unconscious ill beliefs. They are fully healthy in mind. They believe absolutely they have a right to be healed. They are a good person, etc... no subconscious bad beliefs. They have full faith. And they are not healed. Why are they not healed?? What is the reason? Are you now going to say that perhaps they didn't have strong faith? There is always an excuse, it seems, when someone is not miraculously healed.

Praying for people and what not is great. Thinking positive thoughts, etc. there is nothing wrong with any of this. There is however, something very wrong with claims of "healing" with no evidence to prove it. When I alluded to the scammers, earlier, you claimed that it was none of your business and talked about it's their karma. Why isn't it your business? If people are taking advantage of desperate ill people, with fake "healings" in order to get rich and live high on the hog, don't you think this sort of thing should be looked at??

Old 10-13-2017, 11:57 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Of course He still heals today. He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. There are many things that can block a person receiving his healing, like spirits of unforgiveness, hate, bitterness, unbelief, doubt, resentment, ect. Faith must be built up, many times. The reason you see healings happening regularly in some churches is because the Word pertaining to healing, gifts, and power is being preached, which builds up faith in Him and His words. Either you believe it or you don't.

I've received many healings as I have shared on here numerous times, and been used of Him to bring about healing in others, as have most all of my friends. We believed the word (faith) and act upon it (works), so that faith without works is not dead. Once you have experienced it for yourself, no one on the face of the earth can tell you He didn't heal you. It's like your initial salvation experience; no one can take it away from you. Peace

Old 10-13-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Thank you, your disgust for TV evangelists rubbed off in your posts, for sure.

Small minded has nothing to do with it, dear, life is short I respect my time and have done this many times on forums, it gets old...and bottom line...
I DO NOT CARE to change your beliefs...you believe what you will.

When I speak about these things i am not talking to atheists or you...but to anyone drawn to listen and
be inspired be me. Just as a comedian is not on stage for hecklers....that is not why he's there.
(Tho, he has to expect it...as it happens on open Forums, also.)
The others that want to tear my words or experiences down..I really
have no use for...I feel as you do they do harm to others, as you think about me...but, HEY...I trust that God will show everyone 'the way' when it is their time...all in God's time...so why burden myself with attempting to change a person that does not want to be changed, see?

They will never be changed by a woman on a Forum, do you think? I know this...I am not on some mission to change them.
So why go thru this dialogue with them/you...yet, they/you love to go into attack- tear down mode...
why not pass my posts by....because I am hurting some church? What?
Am I asking old people to send me money? Come on...

Even in your statement judging me as small minded shows me your lack of kindness that goes
on in your thoughts.
You could have simply said..'If you don't want to discuss this with me that is your choice'...but no...you prefer to put a little zinger in there...I wish you would change that ...it is polarizing.

It shows everyone how your mind works...'Be mean, say judgmental words, this is how to get a point across, tear down a person, as if you're in the ring...all is fair in this need to
change people to think as I do..."

So if it goes on with me much longer...not using better ways to communicate, controlling your emotions, thus, words..I won't care to discuss things with you.
Lemme tellya...it took some therapy and guidance to learn how to talk to people myself...
I alienated people in my life years ago.

Is it morally wrong to not help strangers....again...you must read my posts...do that and see if that has already been answered.
Still waiting for you to explain why, if you have this gift of healing, you won't go and heal the poor patients dying of cancer?

I realize you'll probably block me now, if you haven't already. It's easier to avoid an argument than to answer the tough questions.

Old 10-13-2017, 02:44 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
...snip...

I realize you'll probably block me now, if you haven't already. It's easier to avoid an argument than to answer the tough questions.

Old 10-13-2017, 04:20 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
So I'm sitting with my guy yrs ago, an atheist, and I wince bec of some hip pain from an injury.
He says with his charming smile..'Well, you're a Christian , why don't you heal yourself?'
!
First-century Christians did Not heal themselves.
Jesus and the apostles did healing to show on a small scale just what will take place on a grand global scale during Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth. At that future time is when No one will say, " I am sick...." - Isaiah 33:24.
That millennial time is when there will be healing for earth's nations according to Revelation 22:2.
We are all part of Satan's challenged to all of us found at Job 2:4-5 that to 'touch our flesh' ( loose physical health ) and we would Not serve God. Under adverse conditions both Job and Jesus proved Satan a liar and so can we.

Old 10-13-2017, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity