Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 10:55 AM

486 posts, read 991,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
If you are having a sort of feud with the folks across the street, are you sure that it is not their son or one of that family who are pulling a big joke on you, trying to scare you, and generally trying to unhinge both of you? I would look to external things first, like that. I wouldn't put it past some kid who thought it was quite fun to terrorize two ladies, especially since they have stolen from you before.
Nah, the son is in prison. The neighbors across the street are being foreclosed on and basically keep to themselves because they are afraid the sheriff is going to lock them out. Maybe it is external maybe it is not, who knows?

Again, I am not upset by the growls and the noises. It is what it is. I have heard growls, knocks and have had night terrors in many different houses and neighborhoods. No biggie. As I said, it will work itself out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 11:07 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,040,762 times
Demons are not called the "hounds of hell" for nothing. They sound like dogs trying to speak English, and yes, they also growl. Your savior is Jesus Christ, not His earthly mother. Turn to Him for protection and salvation, as there is no other name in heaven or in earth that is able to save. DO NOT invite "mediums, psychics", or any other diviners into your home to deal with the problem, that may offer a false respite to perpetuate an illusion, but it will not offer long term deliverance, and usually actually makes things much worse. Find a full gospel minister who is capable of calling upon His name to rid your house of the demonic activity. Clean your house out of anything that attracts them, such as New Age materials, any form of divining or witchcraft "games" like Ouija boards or Dungeon and Dragons, demonically inspired movies, tarot cards, ect. Peace and blessings to you...

Old 10-13-2017, 11:34 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,331,273 times
Quote:
My sister did talk to a priest and he said he didn't believe in the devil/satan,

I have faith that the evil will be removed, in time.

wow, good for you that you have faith and IMHO so very odd and sad that a (Catholic?) PRIEST let alone a Christian minister of most any type would tell your sister that he didn't believe in a devil or Satan. one would think (but apparently wrongly in this case) that a priest would have some belief in BOTH the power of "supernatural" EVIL ("the wickedness and snares of the Devil" and not simply the bad or misguided actions of people) and the "supernatural" and ultimately triumphant GOOD manifested in the power of God in Christ through the Holy Spirit which are indeed the official beliefs of Church he supposedly represents.

you hear something new and possibly troubling everyday it seems.

continue your faith and prayers that in, with, and through Christ that all will be resolved for the good---despite the somewhat equivocal advice and counsel you seem to be getting in your contacts with (nominally) ministers of that Christ.

Last edited by mensaguy; 10-13-2017 at 03:15 PM.. Reason: Replaced a missing quote tag

Old 10-13-2017, 11:56 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,162,726 times
Those indwelled by the Holy Spirit cannot be possessed by the evil kind.........

Old 10-13-2017, 12:05 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,007,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebola View Post
Good one.

I wasn't drinking. But after reading City Data it is time to break out the vodka!
I'm not a drinker, but sometimes I feel tempted to start after reading this stuff, too.

Old 10-13-2017, 12:29 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,040,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I'm not a drinker, but sometimes I feel tempted to start after reading this stuff, too.

If my faith depended on *most* of what I read on here, for sure I'd be joining in the drinking. Which is why this place is not a place for babes in the faith. Peace

Old 10-13-2017, 12:31 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Demons are not called the "hounds of hell" for nothing. They sound like dogs trying to speak English, and yes, they also growl. Your savior is Jesus Christ, not His earthly mother. Turn to Him for protection and salvation, as there is no other name in heaven or in earth that is able to save. DO NOT invite "mediums, psychics", or any other diviners into your home to deal with the problem, that may offer a false respite to perpetuate an illusion, but it will not offer long term deliverance, and usually actually makes things much worse. Find a full gospel minister who is capable of calling upon His name to rid your house of the demonic activity. Clean your house out of anything that attracts them, such as New Age materials, any form of divining or witchcraft "games" like Ouija boards or Dungeon and Dragons, demonically inspired movies, tarot cards, ect. Peace and blessings to you...

Old 10-13-2017, 12:37 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,331,273 times
Quote:

copy that!!!! after reading more than a few of the threads here and the various disputes and drag'em-outs on this or that nominally "Christian" topic I am also inclined to at least sparingly imbibe of the nearest diet ginger ale---if I don't just down the whole can in one shot and reach for another .

Old 10-13-2017, 02:48 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
If my faith depended on *most* of what I read on here, for sure I'd be joining in the drinking. Which is why this place is not a place for babes in the faith. Peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeinbandonoregon View Post
copy that!!!! after reading more than a few of the threads here and the various disputes and drag'em-outs on this or that nominally "Christian" topic I am also inclined to at least sparingly imbibe of the nearest diet ginger ale---if I don't just down the whole can in one shot and reach for another .
Well, I do indeed imbibe. But only on days of the week with a "y" in them.

So, I'll hoist a few for you.

No, no. Don't thank me. My pleasure.

Old 10-13-2017, 04:30 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
Heard a growl noise last time I went camping , as I got the flash light outside of the tent and there was a wild cat walking way , so you never know ..... some demon spirit do look like cats but they are of the perverted sexual spirits , still demon hate the rosary prayers as demons hate Jesus and the virgin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity