Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2017, 08:57 PM

998 posts, read 431,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
April 1.
What year? Prove the date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2017, 09:55 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,758,623 times
passover?

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...+2&version=NIV

Old 10-30-2017, 01:24 AM

Jesus Christ was arrested at Passover but was not crucified at Passover. Read Acts 12:4 regarding Peter.

Old 10-30-2017, 04:42 AM

22,797 posts, read 10,231,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
Jesus Christ was arrested at Passover but was not crucified at Passover. Read Acts 12:4 regarding Peter.
What does that story have to do with Jesus?

Old 10-30-2017, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Sorry, Hannibal, I thought I was answering the crucifixion of Jesus. April 1. Passover. It was after all the birth of Jesus that they were referring to.

Old 10-30-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Yes, no, maybe?

Old 10-30-2017, 01:00 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,329,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
Oh the Jewish calendar please ... so christmas doesn't count!

Oh Simchat Torah
it is either the day he was "revealed " after his circumcision . either that or his actual birthday and the day called the Revealing of the word or Simchat Torah .

what made me think of this, not that I hadn't considered it his birthday before .. but had kind of ruled it out because yesterday was the 8thday and I suspect it is the day he got circumsized...
so why I ask these questions is today on Simchat Torah Brett Young just dropped a song into Itunes and it made me reconsider this day on the jewish calendar as a really good possibility . https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/o-...e/id1292003927

and yesterday / last night I read .. Lana Vawser site... and the Lord told her that it is the time of the birthing..https://www.lanavawser.com/2017/10/1...-your-promise/
just saying maybe it is a great day To tell Jesus happy Birthday!

then give him a big present !
if you haven't given The Lord or then the Father your heart and your life please do that ..
and if you have you have given your life to both then maybe give a gift of something to someone else today.. if nothing else you can give a precious gift of a fervent prayer (availeth much ) to some one you love that needs it.
Lets keep heaven busy on his Birthday.
I am sure there is nothing He and the Father would want more.
if you have a better day for his birthing on the jewish calendar please explain using scripture or at least Jewish traditions... there are many theories .. but this day is the best I think.
and it could have been that he was born 9 days ago but a male child maybe isn't " revealed" to a jewish community and in their custom until he has been circumsiced.. so I don't know which .. but it seems today is important day of "Birthing" and delivery " .

Jhn 1:14
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
The Gospels give scant few clues as to the date of Jesus' birth. Perhaps the most important is found in Luke 2.

Luke 2:
[8] And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.

This would only have been done in times when the weather was fair, and not in the dead of winter, when animals would have been sheltered and fed fodder. Nor is it reasonable to suppose that Joseph would have undertaken a trip to Bethlehem with his heavily pregnant wife in the dead of winter. December 25 is not a realistic date for the birth of Jesus based on the scant information at hand.

Old 10-30-2017, 05:33 PM

88,056 posts, read 83,895,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
The Gospels give scant few clues as to the date of Jesus' birth. Perhaps the most important is found in Luke 2.

Luke 2:
[8] And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.

This would only have been done in times when the weather was fair, and not in the dead of winter, when animals would have been sheltered and fed fodder. Nor is it reasonable to suppose that Joseph would have undertaken a trip to Bethlehem with his heavily pregnant wife in the dead of winter. December 25 is not a realistic date for the birth of Jesus based on the scant information at hand.
No, but I don't think I've ever met anyone who really thinks December 25 was the actual date.

Old 10-30-2017, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post

Luke 2:

pesach
Passover?

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.

9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

15 And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.

16 And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.

17 And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.

18 And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.

19 But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.

20 And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.

Old 10-30-2017, 07:12 PM

465 posts, read 233,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 Jesus Christ was arrested at Passover but was not crucified at Passover. Read Acts 12:4 regarding Peter.
Hannibal Flavius:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
Sorry, Hannibal, I thought I was answering the crucifixion of Jesus. April 1. Passover. It was after all the birth of Jesus that they were referring to.
'So sorry Hannibal I did not mean to make a mistake you would just have to find yourself objecting to'.

Hannibal: <snaps>: "What does that story have to do with Jesus?" gosh it must be a sin to us mortals.

Can't say the name of the Lord Jesus Christ in the presence of the purveyors of those carrying demons.

All in Latin Father Son Holy Ghost Fire Earth Air Water Hannibal just got put out of his misery for stages.

The Catholic mass of the Romanov Dynasty said prayers long ago to save the world from wretchedness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity