Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 06:41 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
I have to do His will and that does make me feel great!
Well, it looks to me like the idea of privileged information about 2040 is just an ego trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 06:52 PM

1,259 posts, read 564,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Well, it looks to me like the idea of privileged information about 2040 is just an ego trip.
Hi nateswift, just curious why you make such a statement? Are you saying you agree that 2040 is the start of the Lord's Day but think I'm on an ego trip? Or, are you saying that you disagree with 2040 and that I'm on an ego trip?

Old 10-16-2017, 08:38 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Hi nateswift, just curious why you make such a statement? Are you saying you agree that 2040 is the start of the Lord's Day but think I'm on an ego trip? Or, are you saying that you disagree with 2040 and that I'm on an ego trip?
I think it's nice that you have a hobby.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I think it's nice that you have a hobby.
Thanks Troutdude but it is much more than a hobby. As with hobbies though, I do find it rewarding and a pleasure.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:36 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
I'm saying that there is no reason to be concerned whether it is 2040 or 2017 if it makes no difference in how you conduct your life and the only reason to say you have the information is to make yourself feel special.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I'm saying that there is no reason to be concerned whether it is 2040 or 2017 if it makes no difference in how you conduct your life and the only reason to say you have the information is to make yourself feel special.
Hi nateswift, I see several instructions to Watch and be Ready. I'm following those instructions.

Old 10-17-2017, 06:21 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,695 times
Quote:
Hi Choir Loft, we do see differently. I know many people believe that 1967 was a Jubilee year. And their basis is driven very much on a similar belief you have which is that the state of Israel is predicated on the fulfillment of many prophecies yet to come to pass. However, I'm of the belief that Christ IS Israel and those members of His body are also of Israel. So as you can see this is where we have the primary difference in view on this subject.
Christ is not Israel. He is its King. Big difference.

Would you say that Donald Trump is America? He is America's president - America's foremost leader. Big difference - especially if you didn't vote for him. Replacement theology takes scripture out of context to support false doctrine in the same way a crooked man can steal an election.

Where are your references? Chapter and verse, please. If you believe a thing, then support it with scriptural references. I perceive you've been persuaded to believe a lie.

There is no way to spin this. It is not stated anywhere in the Bible that Jesus is Israel. It is not historic fact. It is not supported in the Bible. It is not supported by logic.

Jesus is the King of the Jews (Mathew 27:37). Israel is the nation and people over whom He is ruler. HE is part of it, yet separate from it.

Jesus is also the Lord of the Kingdom of Heaven (John 18:36 - spoken in response to charges by the Roman governor that he, Jesus, was guilty of insurrection against Caesar. Jesus is a diplomat not a politician.)

The body of Christ and the blood oath to join it.....

When a person surrenders to Christ and believes in His Lordship over him several things happen. That person becomes a Jew - a member of His people. Additionally, whether that person understands it or not he or she has taken a blood oath with God and before men. That person is required by scripture to testify to this oath (Matt 10:33).

The first demonstration of a blood oath and it's meaning happens in Genesis 15:9-21. A blood oath cannot be revoked. This is why Jesus said that He did not come to abolish the Law, but to fulfill it. (Matt 5:17)

The Abrahamic blood oath is between God and God's people, the Jews. It is a symbiotic relationship. The people depend upon their Lord (a Lord is a ruler, a law giver and enforcer) and their God (a God provides miraculous deliverance and daily support). God calls them His people and demonstrates jealous protection and guidance toward them. God cannot be voted out of office. Once the agreement, the covenant, is done it cannot be undone. You cannot remove blood stains from clean linen. This is why Luke 14:28 cautions people to consider the cost before making such a decision. It's also why Joshua cautioned the same thing (Joshua 24:14-15). Choice is free until the blood oath is taken. After that it cannot be revoked.

When a person is saved whether he be Jew or goyim, he becomes part of the body of Christ - that which is under the blood oath. The saved person becomes a Jew (Romans 2:29). Christ becomes King (Lord) and God (miraculous deliverer & supporter over the saved person(s). Believers are not Christ. Believers are not God. God is separate yet allows believers to participate in the blood oath He has sworn to His people. God allows them to join the spiritual and physical benefits and consequences of being part of His people.

The Bible teaches two primary truths;
1. There is a God.
2. Humans are not God.

The enemy, as well as human hubris, would have us believe otherwise. The concept is clear and simple, yet it is perverted for the benefit of those who profit by it.

- Another example of a blood oath......
Colossians 2:11 - "in Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, in the removal of the body of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ;"

- Another example of membership in Christ as a Jew.....(btw Paul sent his letter to messianic/believing Jews. Paul was speaking to the Jewish nation who understood his meaning. It has to be explained elsewhere to goyim who do not understand the principle involved.)
1 Corinthians 12:21 - "Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it."

You wrote, "Christ IS Israel and those members of His body are also of Israel" Christ is King of Israel. It is plainly and repeatedly stated. Members of His body - His Nation - are Jews. This is also plainly stated. The two are separate yet joined politically, physically and spiritually. A leader is part of His people, yet separate from them.

The motto of the United States is e pluribus unum. It states that the member states of the American federation are separate yet united in one purpose - physically and politically. The concept of separate yet unified members is not a new one. It is ancient and true.

The Jewish shema (pronounced sh-ma) is the oldest statement of faith in the world. In English it says, Hear O Israel the Lord our God. The Lord is one.
What the Jewish rabbinate deliberately ignores is their own word for one - echad used in the prayer. Ecad means one in the same context as e pluribus unum. A unity of separates. The Hebrew word for absolute one is yachid, meaning one or single thing. Ecad refers to the concept of unity, while maintaining separation. Echad is the word used in the shema, not yachid. The difference and the meaning is deliberate. This is a bit of Biblical mysticism that if seriously considered will inexorably lead one to an understanding of Jesus as King and Jews as His people and nation - together yet separate.

Why is it so hard to grasp the difference that a third grade child would understand? Simply put many today accept theories and doctrines without due process of examination and study. I invite the reader to undertake such a task. Not everything we read and hear today is the truth. We owe it to ourselves and our children to study in order to show ourselves approved before God.

The time of the Jubilee year is also a time of repentance before God (Yom Kippur) - of turning away from sin and cleansing of all things that have attached to us like barnacles upon the hull of a ship. Jubilee is a call to return to God. (Google shofar sounds in the sky. The shofar, ram's horn, is sounded during Yom Kippur AND in the book of Revelation). The call to repentance by the people of earth has been heard in the heavens. Jubilee is upon us.

It is time to repent NOW.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Last edited by mensaguy; 10-22-2017 at 06:07 AM.. Reason: You really must quit using red text

Old 10-17-2017, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Christ is not Israel. He is its King. Big difference.

Would you say that Donald Trump is America? He is America's president - America's foremost leader. Big difference - especially if you didn't vote for him. Replacement theology takes scripture out of context to support false doctrine in the same way a crooked man can steal an election.

Where are your references? Chapter and verse, please. If you believe a thing, then support it with scriptural references. I perceive you've been persuaded to believe a lie.

There is no way to spin this. It is not stated anywhere in the Bible that Jesus is Israel. It is not historic fact. It is not supported in the Bible. It is not supported by logic.

Jesus is the King of the Jews (Mathew 27:37). Israel is the nation and people over whom He is ruler. HE is part of it, yet separate from it.

Jesus is also the Lord of the Kingdom of Heaven (John 18:36 - spoken in response to charges by the Roman governor that he, Jesus, was guilty of insurrection against Caesar. Jesus is a diplomat not a politician.)

The body of Christ and the blood oath to join it.....

When a person surrenders to Christ and believes in His Lordship over him several things happen. That person becomes a Jew - a member of His people. Additionally, whether that person understands it or not he or she has taken a blood oath with God and before men. That person is required by scripture to testify to this oath (Matt 10:33).

The first demonstration of a blood oath and it's meaning happens in Genesis 15:9-21. A blood oath cannot be revoked. This is why Jesus said that He did not come to abolish the Law, but to fulfill it. (Matt 5:17)

The Abrahamic blood oath is between God and God's people, the Jews. It is a symbiotic relationship. The people depend upon their Lord (a Lord is a ruler, a law giver and enforcer) and their God (a God provides miraculous deliverance and daily support). God calls them His people and demonstrates jealous protection and guidance toward them. God cannot be voted out of office. Once the agreement, the covenant, is done it cannot be undone. You cannot remove blood stains from clean linen. This is why Luke 14:28 cautions people to consider the cost before making such a decision. It's also why Joshua cautioned the same thing (Joshua 24:14-15). Choice is free until the blood oath is taken. After that it cannot be revoked.

When a person is saved whether he be Jew or goyim, he becomes part of the body of Christ - that which is under the blood oath. The saved person becomes a Jew (Romans 2:29). Christ becomes King (Lord) and God (miraculous deliverer & supporter over the saved person(s). Believers are not Christ. Believers are not God. God is separate yet allows believers to participate in the blood oath He has sworn to His people. God allows them to join the spiritual and physical benefits and consequences of being part of His people.

The Bible teaches two primary truths;
1. There is a God.
2. Humans are not God.

The enemy, as well as human hubris, would have us believe otherwise. The concept is clear and simple, yet it is perverted for the benefit of those who profit by it.

- Another example of a blood oath......
Colossians 2:11 - "in Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, in the removal of the body of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ;"

- Another example of membership in Christ as a Jew.....(btw Paul sent his letter to messianic/believing Jews. Paul was speaking to the Jewish nation who understood his meaning. It has to be explained elsewhere to goyim who do not understand the principle involved.)
1 Corinthians 12:21 - "Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it."

You wrote, "Christ IS Israel and those members of His body are also of Israel" Christ is King of Israel. It is plainly and repeatedly stated. Members of His body - His Nation - are Jews. This is also plainly stated. The two are separate yet joined politically, physically and spiritually. A leader is part of His people, yet separate from them.

The motto of the United States is e pluribus unum. It states that the member states of the American federation are separate yet united in one purpose - physically and politically. The concept of separate yet unified members is not a new one. It is ancient and true.

The Jewish shema (pronounced sh-ma) is the oldest statement of faith in the world. In English it says, Hear O Israel the Lord our God. The Lord is one.
What the Jewish rabbinate deliberately ignores is their own word for one - echad used in the prayer. Ecad means one in the same context as e pluribus unum. A unity of separates. The Hebrew word for absolute one is yachid, meaning one or single thing. Ecad refers to the concept of unity, while maintaining separation. Echad is the word used in the shema, not yachid. The difference and the meaning is deliberate. This is a bit of Biblical mysticism that if seriously considered will inexorably lead one to an understanding of Jesus as King and Jews as His people and nation - together yet separate.

Why is it so hard to grasp the difference that a third grade child would understand? Simply put many today accept theories and doctrines without due process of examination and study. I invite the reader to undertake such a task. Not everything we read and hear today is the truth. We owe it to ourselves and our children to study in order to show ourselves approved before God.

The time of the Jubilee year is also a time of repentance before God (Yom Kippur) - of turning away from sin and cleansing of all things that have attached to us like barnacles upon the hull of a ship. Jubilee is a call to return to God. (Google shofar sounds in the sky. The shofar, ram's horn, is sounded during Yom Kippur AND in the book of Revelation). The call to repentance by the people of earth has been heard in the heavens. Jubilee is upon us.

It is time to repent NOW.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
Hi Choir. I DO believe that Christ IS the ISRAEL of God. And I also believe He is the King. I believe those called now as the chosen in this dispensation will be heirs with Him in that rule.

A Jew is NO LONGER one of the flesh but one of the Spirit. Circumcision is of the Heart - not the flesh.

In regards to the Jubilee, the year of Jesus Crucifixion was a Jubilee.

Last edited by mensaguy; 10-22-2017 at 06:08 AM.. Reason: Red text removed from quoted post.

Old 10-17-2017, 10:08 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
2040 would be the end of the 120 Jubilees. The 6000 years will have been completed and the day of rest (man no longer practicing sin) will come as Jesus makes His return and ushers in the Lord's Day (the 7th day).

2Pe_3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

I suggest if you have an Astronomy program, you can see around the Feast of Trumpets (September time frame), the planets will move into Virgo (Saturn, Mars, Venus, Mercury, Jupiter) along with the Sun.

1991 was the last Jubilee and the 40th since the Resurrection of Jesus. That Jubilee is the one we are currently undergoing now.

I personally think it will be much sooner than 2040. Interesting that this is the 40th, since 40 is the number of completion everywhere else.

I would also add that the day of the Lord (G-d) is also Christ, as He is no part darkness. Peace

Old 10-17-2017, 10:08 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,649,221 times
Quote:
Hi Choir. I DO believe that Christ IS the ISRAEL of God.
Do you know what the name Israel actually means in Hebrew?

Quote:
In regards to the Jubilee, the year of Jesus Crucifixion was a Jubilee.
Is there some web site where I can look at the math and calendars you use to come to this conclusion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity