Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 03:46 AM

156 posts, read 189,438 times

Advertisements

Those small miracles, when you think about it, can be attributed to just luck or circumstance, I guess. But the longer I live, the more I've come to trust the Lord. Many times I've been distraught about something or had some problem that seems insurmountable and just gave it to the Lord and known that he take care of it. Some how it gets resolved or it turns out to be not as bad as it seemed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2017, 08:19 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,332,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbelt57 View Post
Those small miracles, when you think about it, can be attributed to just luck or circumstance, I guess. But the longer I live, the more I've come to trust the Lord. Many times I've been distraught about something or had some problem that seems insurmountable and just gave it to the Lord and known that he take care of it. Some how it gets resolved or it turns out to be not as bad as it seemed.
well, you can never really know for sure about the cause ("God works in mysterious ways" and all that) but you can cultivate both faith/trust in God's love and "an attitude of gratitude" for whatever good either in large or small things that comes into your (or my) life. then, if you (or me) experience a "miracle" (however small) we can and should seriously think about becoming an instrument of God's love and help for others showing our gratitude by sharing that love and help to others---"paying it forward" as it were and just maybe becoming small "miracles" of love and kindness ourselves.

in the peace of Christ.

Last edited by georgeinbandonoregon; 10-30-2017 at 08:47 AM..

Old 10-30-2017, 09:15 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Post hoc, ergo propter hoc.

I prayed for the sun to rise over the eastern horizon this morning, and lo and behold it did! God is so great! And I obviously have a special favored relationship with God...I'm special in his eyes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
You always have been...in my eyes, too.
Yep.

Old 10-31-2017, 11:30 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Post hoc, ergo propter hoc.

I prayed for the sun to rise over the eastern horizon this morning, and lo and behold it did! God is so great! And I obviously have a special favored relationship with God...I'm special in his eyes!
It's even more special when you become aware of the sun rising in the world within you faithfully every morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity