U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 08:02 AM

801 posts, read 200,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yes, so he would have risen, according to the Georgian calendar, Saturday night...
No, it would be just after the completion of Saturday night and therefore at the break of dawn on Sunday morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 08:05 AM

Quote:
You do know that night was a 12 hour period and day was a 12 hour period, don't you?...
Richard, that day would have been a 9 hour period (using time as they did then). Therefore Jesus would have died the 9th hour which would be around 6pm.

There is at most 12 hours in a day but that is only in the summer. This was still in the spring. Best way to explain it to you for calculation reasons is to associate an hour to 80 minutes instead of 60 minutes.

Old 10-16-2017, 11:05 AM

9,169 posts, read 2,775,874 times
The 9th hour is 3pm, the time of the evening sacrifice when the High Priest said, "It is finished." Peace

Old 10-16-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
The 9th hour is 3pm, the time of the evening sacrifice when the High Priest said, "It is finished." Peace
Then what time would the twelfth hour be?

Old 10-16-2017, 12:10 PM

I also noticed I didn't mention the Astronomy of this amazing date (April 25th 31 AD).

Venus, Mars, and Saturn all in Gemini. Jupiter is in Taurus.

Gemini used to be picture with a woman and a man instead of twins. Some said the man and the woman were Adam and Eve. I thought that fitting because people apply the meaning to this constellation as Marriage or Union. What actually happens during this time is the union (Communion with Christ during the Passover meal - some call the last supper).

Taurus has been associated with the resurrection. I don't know the complete etymology as I consider myself a newbie at reading the meaning of these things.

Old 10-16-2017, 07:20 PM

26,248 posts, read 13,915,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
No, it would be just after the completion of Saturday night and therefore at the break of dawn on Sunday morning.
No, the dawning of Sunday, according to the lunar calendar, is Saturday evening...Anyone who knows the difference between the lunar calendar and the Georgian calendar knows this...And that a day was not a 24 hour period, it was a 12 hour period just as also was the night...Anyway, this has been hashed and re-hashed, on these threads, time and time again...And if you wish to go according to the Georgian calendar, then Sunday morning dawned at midnight, and according to your gospels, the tomb was already empty...

Old 10-16-2017, 08:20 PM

Quote:
No, the dawning of Sunday, according to the lunar calendar, is Saturday evening...Anyone who knows the difference between the lunar calendar and the Georgian calendar knows this...And that a day was not a 24 hour period, it was a 12 hour period just as also was the night...Anyway, this has been hashed and re-hashed, on these threads, time and time again...And if you wish to go according to the Georgian calendar, then Sunday morning dawned at midnight, and according to your gospels, the tomb was already empty...
Hi Richard, I'm more than happy to explain what I mean by "dawn". What you think someone else thinks is "dawn" is a mute point since your criticism is in regards to my analysis of the events, therefore, I own my interpretation of "dawn" in what I stated. So let me clarify:

Jesus was raised as the rising of the Sun early morning on Sunday April 17th, 31 AD. A period which I'm referring to as "dawn" or "dawning" of Sunday.

Hope that helps.

Old 10-17-2017, 02:39 AM

26,248 posts, read 13,915,192 times
Quote:
Hi Richard, I'm more than happy to explain what I mean by "dawn". What you think someone else thinks is "dawn" is a mute point since your criticism is in regards to my analysis of the events, therefore, I own my interpretation of "dawn" in what I stated. So let me clarify:

Jesus was raised as the rising of the Sun early morning on Sunday April 17th, 31 AD. A period which I'm referring to as "dawn" or "dawning" of Sunday.

Hope that helps.
When the women got to the tomb it was still dark and the tomb was empty...Are deliberately being obtuse?...

Old 10-17-2017, 07:58 AM

2,651 posts, read 1,382,033 times
Quote:
Answer: Nisan 13 was Preparation day for the Passover.

Jesus was crucified beginning around 10am and at around 2pm came the darkness set in until the 9th hour (around 6pm). At this time started 14 Nisan (Jesus dies on the cross). Per Jewish law, Jesus could not remain on the cross through the night and Joseph request His body when the evening had come. Jesus is entombed that night (which can't count towards the sign of Jonah).

A Blood moon is recorded this night (April 25th, AD 31 Wednesday night - Gregorian). See NASA Archives that records this lunar eclipse.

Jesus would remain in the tomb until dawn arises on Sunday the first day of the week. At this point He has completed 3 days and 3 nights in the tomb which is the sign He gave of Jonah being in the belly of the Great Fish.
Jesus crucified on tuesday

Old 10-17-2017, 08:01 AM

Quote:
When the women got to the tomb it was still dark and the tomb was empty...Are deliberately being obtuse?...
Hi Richard, it was dark as in early morning. It wasn't night. I'll give you something else to consider. Jesus had to be in the tomb for 3 days and 3 nights to meet the sign He gave of Jonah being in the great fish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or