Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2018, 02:31 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,139,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
I started not to reply to this topic but seeing the confusion maybe we can get an understanding.

First, you're correct on Wednesday, he was Crucified. but rosed early Sunday? impossible. understand the Lord said that he would RISE the "third DAY". so Wednesday before dusk to Thursday before dusk is 1 day. before dusk to Friday 2 days and before dusk to Saturday is three days. remember, Mark 9:31 "For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day".

the Wednesday in the tomb before dusk is correct, but the rising on the third day is incorrect.

but with the Wednesday in the tomb before dusk, and the 3 days and 3 nights in the tomb leaves a hard explaining. because he rose on the third day, Saturday before the sunset. so the 3 days are covered. but what about the nights. if Crucified on Wednesday, which I believe as you are correct, so how do we get him in the tomb after sunset on Saturday when he rose on Saturday?

I believe the answer is in the scriptures. remember what you said, "God doesn't make mistakes". I agree.

PCY

PS read John 20:7 for your possible answer.
A Saturday resurrection would destroy ALOT of Christianity core teaching. I believe it was that transition time when the sun set to when it was completely dark is when he rose. There was no digital clock back then that would state Saturday->Sunday like we have now 11:59pm->12am to say a new day is beginning or back then the 6-7pm time frame in the spring from when it was sun setting to complete darkness.

So he more than likely was in the tomb from Wednesday night to Saturday night and rose as it was transitioning to Sunday like Matthew 28 states, which would have been considered the 1st day of the week. What we all know he is DID NOT rise at dawn Sunday morning, but was simply discovered at dawn that the tomb was empty.

Old 04-04-2018, 02:42 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
A Saturday resurrection would destroy ALOT of Christianity core teaching. I believe it was that transition time when the sun set to when it was completely dark is when he rose. There was no digital clock back then that would state Saturday->Sunday like we have now 11:59pm->12am to say a new day is beginning or back then the 6-7pm time frame in the spring from when it was sun setting to complete darkness.

So he more than likely was in the tomb from Wednesday night to Saturday night and rose as it was transitioning to Sunday like Matthew 28 states, which would have been considered the 1st day of the week. What we all know he is DID NOT rise at dawn Sunday morning, but was simply discovered at dawn that the tomb was empty.
First thanks for the reply. according to the record, the Lord Jesus was in the tomb before sunset, so day 1 began before sunset Wednesday. the traditional teaching a new day starts at SUNSET. but the Lord was in the tomb before sunset.

count the days from Wednesday before sunset one will get Saturday before sunset.

I did a chart on this, I'm going to see if I can upload it for you. I never loaded up a picture before.

PCY.

Old 04-04-2018, 02:57 PM

here's the chart, might have to blow it up.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...6PgKWrlfAmX5pN

Old 04-04-2018, 03:16 PM

Here is the hard saying explained.

Just for argument sake, let’s say a new day starts at 6:00 pm. The Lord Jesus the Christ was Crucified on Wednesday and placed in the tomb before dark, let’s say at 5:59pm just for argument sake ok. the sun sets and at 6:00pm starts a new day. So from Wednesday at 5:59 to Thursday at 5:59pm is 1 complete day. From Thursday at 5:59pm to Friday at 5:59pm is another complete day, which is day #2. and from Friday at 5:59pm to Saturday at 5:59pm makes 3 complete days.

STOP and think, he said that he will rise the 3rd day. Well at 5:59pm Saturday is the complete 3rd day from a Wednesday crucifixion before 5:59pm. So he had to rise on Saturday before 5:59pm before a new day started.

But now we have another dilemma, the 3 complete nights. From Wednesday, for the Lord said that he will be in the tomb for three complete nights. The 3 completed nights can be only accomplished at 6:01pm Sunday onward. But he rose on or before 5:59pm on Saturday. So how can we reconcile this time difference?.

Just listen to what the Lord said. Matthew 12:40 "For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth”. and this, Mark 9:31 "For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day”.

from the record, a Wednesday crucifixion will give us a Saturday before the going into Sunday at 6:00pm.

The answer is he, the Lord Jesus rose on the 3rd day as he said he would, Saturday before the sunset and the start of another day.

The Lord Jesus being a Jew respected the Sabbath day and rested. He rose, yes, but didn’t exit the tomb until or after 6:01pm that next day which was the night.

The revelation, the Lord Jesus did some cleaning up or tidy up the tomb, meaning folding the face napkin, and he wrapped together with the linen clothes, meaning more than one. Remember this is a borrowed tomb. If someone borrows something from someone else they usually give it back in a better condition than what it was found in. So the Lord Jesus rose on or before 5:59pm Saturday the Sabbath. And after the sunset the end of the Sabbath he tidy up the tomb a little., and afterward exited the tomb completing his words 3 days and “3 nights” in the tomb, but rising on the 3rd day.

Conclusion, Jesus rose the 3rd day as he said he would, but he didn’t leave the tomb until the 3 night was completed. meaning he left the tomb after sunset.

He rose, rested the Sabbath, and tidy up the place where they laid him.

As said, “God makes no mistakes”. his words are true and contain no errors, what a mighty God we serve, down to the letter. All t’s crossed and all i’s dotted.

PCY.

Old 04-06-2018, 05:20 AM

998 posts, read 436,702 times
Default Jesus was three days and three nights in the sepulcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Here is the hard saying explained.

Just for argument sake, let’s say a new day starts at 6:00 pm. The Lord Jesus the Christ was Crucified on Wednesday and placed in the tomb before dark, let’s say at 5:59pm just for argument sake ok. the sun sets and at 6:00pm starts a new day. So from Wednesday at 5:59 to Thursday at 5:59pm is 1 complete day. From Thursday at 5:59pm to Friday at 5:59pm is another complete day, which is day #2. and from Friday at 5:59pm to Saturday at 5:59pm makes 3 complete days.

STOP and think, he said that he will rise the 3rd day. Well at 5:59pm Saturday is the complete 3rd day from a Wednesday crucifixion before 5:59pm. So he had to rise on Saturday before 5:59pm before a new day started.

But now we have another dilemma, the 3 complete nights. From Wednesday, for the Lord said that he will be in the tomb for three complete nights. The 3 completed nights can be only accomplished at 6:01pm Sunday onward. But he rose on or before 5:59pm on Saturday. So how can we reconcile this time difference?.

Just listen to what the Lord said. Matthew 12:40 "For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth”. and this, Mark 9:31 "For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day”.

from the record, a Wednesday crucifixion will give us a Saturday before the going into Sunday at 6:00pm.

The answer is he, the Lord Jesus rose on the 3rd day as he said he would, Saturday before the sunset and the start of another day.

The Lord Jesus being a Jew respected the Sabbath day and rested. He rose, yes, but didn’t exit the tomb until or after 6:01pm that next day which was the night.

The revelation, the Lord Jesus did some cleaning up or tidy up the tomb, meaning folding the face napkin, and he wrapped together with the linen clothes, meaning more than one. Remember this is a borrowed tomb. If someone borrows something from someone else they usually give it back in a better condition than what it was found in. So the Lord Jesus rose on or before 5:59pm Saturday the Sabbath. And after the sunset the end of the Sabbath he tidy up the tomb a little., and afterward exited the tomb completing his words 3 days and “3 nights” in the tomb, but rising on the 3rd day.

Conclusion, Jesus rose the 3rd day as he said he would, but he didn’t leave the tomb until the 3 night was completed. meaning he left the tomb after sunset.

He rose, rested the Sabbath, and tidy up the place where they laid him.

As said, “God makes no mistakes”. his words are true and contain no errors, what a mighty God we serve, down to the letter. All t’s crossed and all i’s dotted.

PCY.
So you are a believer of a Wednesday crucifixion, am I correct?

Well, Jesus was not crucified on a Wednesday, but on a Thursday. Do you understand what they do a Friday? That is the Preparation Day and eve of a weekly regular Saturday Sabbath. The market is open in the morning only and close in the afternoon. Mary Magdalene et al. could have bought the sweet spices to anoint Jesus with. After buying the sweet spices, they could have gone to the sepulcher that Friday. Why wait until Sunday morning? Read Mark 16:1 when they did it.

Old 04-06-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrats View Post
peacecrusader888,
re: "There were seven people in all who attended the burial of Jesus."

Perhaps even more than that, but only four are mentioned by name: Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of Joses, Joseph of Arimathea, and Nicodemus.

re: "Nicodemus, the owner of the sepulcher..."

What scripture identifies Nicodemus as the owner?

re: "The Samaritan woman"

What scripture places the Samritan woman at the tomb?

re: "John the Baptist"

OK, now I know you're just messing with us.
I am not messing with you. I am just sharing what I heard and learned from the spirit of Ama. I know that He is a spirit because we cannot see Him or touch Him. I just checked whether what He said is true or not.

I believe that when He said that John the Baptist was one of the seven who attended the burial of Jesus, He is correct. Who was Jesus addressing in John 19:27? Why was he there? Why did he not help Joseph of Arimathaea and Nicodemus in taking the body of Jesus from the cross?

Regarding the owner of the sepulcher, according to the spirit of Ama, Nicodemus owns the sepulcher. The accounts in the Holy Bible about Joseph of Arimathaea and Nicodemus are in Matthew 27:58, 60; Mark 15:42-43, 46; Luke 23:50-51; John 3:1-21, 19:38-39, 41-42.

Matthew 27:60 says that Joseph of Arimathaea owned the sepulcher where Jesus was laid to rest, but he was not. Ama told us (plural) that Nicodemus owned it. It is logical to believe Ama because Nicodemus was from Jerusalem, He was a Pharisee and a member of the Sanhedrin, He was a rich person who could afford to buy such a sepulcher. Nicodemus "brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about a hundred pound weight" (John 19:39), which was costly.

Joseph of Arimathaea was an honorable counsellor (Mark 15:43) and not residing in Jerusalem but in Arimathaea so he won't be buying a sepulcher there (Luke 23:51). Arimathaea js generally considered to be the modern Rentis, about 35 km MW of Jerusalem or about a day's walk away.

Last edited by peacecrusader888; 04-06-2018 at 08:21 PM..

Old 04-06-2018, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
So you are a believer of a Wednesday crucifixion, am I correct?

Well, Jesus was not crucified on a Wednesday, but on a Thursday. Do you understand what they do a Friday? That is the Preparation Day and eve of a weekly regular Saturday Sabbath. The market is open in the morning only and close in the afternoon. Mary Magdalene et al. could have bought the sweet spices to anoint Jesus with. After buying the sweet spices, they could have gone to the sepulcher that Friday. Why wait until Sunday morning? Read Mark 16:1 when they did it.
Thanks for the reply. but i must disagree, and here's why. Mark 15:42 "And now when the even was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the sabbath,

Mark 15:43 "Joseph of Arimathaea, an honourable counsellor, which also waited for the kingdom of God, came, and went in boldly unto Pilate, and craved the body of Jesus.

Mark 15:44 "And Pilate marvelled if he were already dead: and calling unto him the centurion, he asked him whether he had been any while dead".

these verses tell us when our Lord was crucified. if the tomb was empty before the 1st day of the week counting backward of three days and nights when our Lord rose will not give us a Thursday but a Wednesday.

sorry Thursday want work.

PCY.

Old 04-07-2018, 02:59 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Saturday afternoon, at around teatime.

Old 04-07-2018, 05:06 AM

525 posts, read 348,310 times
peacecrusader888,
re: "I believe that when He said that John the Baptist was one of the seven who attended the burial of Jesus, He is correct. "

Chapter and verse please.

re: Who was Jesus addressing in John 19:27?"

Verse 26 says it was the disciple that the Messiah loved. But nowhere is that disciple ever identified.

re: "Why was he there?"

Scripture doesn't say.

re: "Why did he not help Joseph of Arimathaea and Nicodemus in taking the body of Jesus from the cross?"

How do you know he didn't?

re: "Matthew 27:60 says that Joseph of Arimathaea owned the sepulcher where Jesus was laid to rest, but he was not."

So the verse is not inspired scripture and should be removed or at least have a footnote saying that it is spurious.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrats View Post
peacecrusader888,
re: "I believe that when He said that John the Baptist was one of the seven who attended the burial of Jesus, He is correct. "

Chapter and verse please.

re: Who was Jesus addressing in John 19:27?"

Verse 26 says it was the disciple that the Messiah loved. But nowhere is that disciple ever identified.

re: "Why was he there?"

Scripture doesn't say.

re: "Why did he not help Joseph of Arimathaea and Nicodemus in taking the body of Jesus from the cross?"

How do you know he didn't?

re: "Matthew 27:60 says that Joseph of Arimathaea owned the sepulcher where Jesus was laid to rest, but he was not."

So the verse is not inspired scripture and should be removed or at least have a footnote saying that it is spurious.
Please be attentive. Would Joseph of Arimathea afford to buy a sepulcher? He lives in a faraway place. Could you expect him to be buried in the sepulcher?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity