Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 06:51 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,351,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Well, I would not think that...sounds like knee jerk, superficial, spiritually immature (blame) thinking...
so sorry you exp'd that.
The Vineyard church is the largest church that profits from these beliefs, and there are many stories that people share in regards to this,they are devastated. it happens in all of these prosperity churches, not just the church's i went to. Why doesn't God give equally to all who use affirmations? Not that is the biggest question.

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 10-23-2017 at 07:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2017, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Well, she could have made social connections at the bar. Not so bad when you compare...
but she did
have to put up with about 30 min. of standing and singing...
People at the bars are better than most church people and often more interesting

Old 10-23-2017, 04:57 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
People at the bars are better than most church
people and often more interesting

Old 10-23-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Why doesn't God give equally to all who use affirmations?
Well, it is an art!!! It started with me probably 8 years ago to get dialed into the concept when I read,
"Answered Prayers Guaranteed!" by Dr. Fred Price.
It got me understanding a lot....then many more books and then I 'got it'.
OH! Like a dawning realization came over me. There is a Formula...you can have so much faith and love for God...but it's like getting all your ducks in a row...cuz one little subconscious sliver of doubt ...and
fagetaboutit.

Old 10-23-2017, 05:38 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,917,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
I've read the bible extensively and I can't see any reason why supposed christian churches would ever preach this nonsense.

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/a...sperity-gospel

Ear ticklers for the tithe--Many have fallen for it. Mr Osteen is a good example of it. He stands there on tv and tells people he doesn't even know--if you say 3 lines of prayer with me--you are born again( saved) -- that is not truth-- The only real way one gets born again is to accomplish-Ephesians 4:22-24-- Strip off the old personality( worker of iniquity) and put on the new personality( righteousness)
A Baptist preacher told me if said those 3 lines I was born again--Yet I was a drug dealer, doer, drunkard, thief, fornicator--he lied.

Old 10-25-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Well, it is an art!!! It started with me probably 8 years ago to get dialed into the concept when I read,
"Answered Prayers Guaranteed!" by Dr. Fred Price.
It got me understanding a lot....then many more books and then I 'got it'.
OH! Like a dawning realization came over me. There is a Formula...you can have so much faith and love for God...but it's like getting all your ducks in a row...cuz one little subconscious sliver of doubt ...and
fagetaboutit.
So
for God to give, you have to learn the art? He makes it hard.

That again says to me that there is something lacking in the person who doesn't receive these blessing which inn turn increases their lack of self self worth.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:16 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times
Quote:
So

That again says to me that there is something lacking in the person who doesn't receive these blessing which inn turn increases their lack of self self worth.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome,

The yoke is seen in the west.
As a yoke is for oxen

The burden to the east.
The burden carried by an ass

And Balaam rose up in the morning, and saddled his ass, and went with the princes of Moab.

22 And God's anger was kindled because he went: and the angel of the Lord stood in the way for an adversary against him. Now he was riding upon his ass, and his two servants were with him.

23 And the ass saw the angel of the Lord standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and the ass turned aside out of the way, and went into the field: and Balaam smote the ass, to turn her into the way.

24 But the angel of the Lord stood in a path of the vineyards, a wall being on this side, and a wall on that side.

25 And when the ass saw the angel of the Lord, she thrust herself unto the wall, and crushed Balaam's foot against the wall: and he smote her again.

26 And the angel of the Lord went further, and stood in a narrow place, where was no way to turn either to the right hand or to the left.

27 And when the ass saw the angel of the Lord, she fell down under Balaam: and Balaam's anger was kindled, and he smote the ass with a staff.

28 And the Lord opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?

29 And Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee.

30 And the ass said unto Balaam, Am not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee? and he said, Nay.

31 Then the Lord opened the eyes of Balaam, and he saw the angel of the Lord standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and he bowed down his head, and fell flat on his face.

32 And the angel of the Lord said unto him,
Wherefore hast thou smitten thine ass these three times? behold, I went out to withstand thee, because thy way is perverse before me:
And the ass saw me, and turned from me these three times: unless she had turned from me, surely now also I had slain thee, and saved her alive.

34 And Balaam said unto the angel of the Lord, I have sinned; for I knew not that thou stoodest in the way against me: now therefore, if it displease thee, I will get me back again.

35 And the angel of the Lord said unto Balaam,
Go with the men: but only the word that I shall speak unto thee, that thou shalt speak. So Balaam went with the princes of Balak.

Blessings aways

Old 10-25-2017, 06:15 PM

Miss Hepbburn, when I was an atheist i used affirmations and creative visualizations and I know they work. You don't have to believe in God. It is just part of how we are. Some call it mind power. That is how we were created. Some have these abilities more than others. I was also a psychic for a period of time. Reading minds is also something you can develop. It has only been in the last several years that I knew there is a God. Like you I don't believe in hel l as it goes against a God that just loves. I don't believe in karma either.. We were just created with immortality. So I don't believe that you have to believe in God to get goodies and I don't expect it ask for them. It feels wrong; it feels like I would be using God. The greatest gift one can have is to know God exists. I asked no more.

Just know that you don't have to believe in God to develop powers, even the athiestBuddhist have them.

Old 10-25-2017, 07:38 PM

Quote:
So

An art, just as in focus and clarity in what you are asking for or want...not having doubt...simple stuff.
But if not there ...no results.
i could say " I need money now.' So, I could find a $5 bill......not that kind of money!...but i wasn't
clear...."I need $1000 by next week". That kind of art.

You say the word 'lacking'... there is no 'lack', nothing's wrong with anyone...there is a method...
like needing a #2 pencil when taking an exam. Get the right tools and it falls into place.

If one sees something as hard...it will be.
If they see it as possible and maybe even easy...it will be. Voila.
`````````
Oh, I have said this many times...you do not have to believe in God.
There are different ways to do things...the sun shines on the criminal and the saint...
is another way to say it.
But, in the Christian section I talk about that method....the ask, believe and receive way.

Old 10-26-2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:
An art, just as in focus and clarity in what you are asking for or want...not having doubt...simple stuff.
But if not there ...no results.
i could say " I need money now.' So, I could find a $5 bill......not that kind of money!...but i wasn't
clear...."I need $1000 by next week". That kind of art.

You say the word 'lacking'... there is no 'lack', nothing's wrong with anyone...there is a method...
like needing a #2 pencil when taking an exam. Get the right tools and it falls into place.

If one sees something as hard...it will be.
If they see it as possible and maybe even easy...it will be. Voila.
`````````
Oh, I have said this many times...you do not have to believe in God.
There are different ways to do things...the sun shines on the criminal and the saint...
is another way to say it.
But, in the Christian section I talk about that method....the ask, believe and receive way.
You believe this, but most prosperity churches are teaching that it is God who gives you things, and if you don't get these things, then something is wrong with you, you are not saved. Not everyone has the ability to make things materialized, just as not everyone has the ability to heal others. But these people are being made to feel that they are not acceptable to God.

What happens when people can't have the experience of God? I have known moinks that meditated for over 30 years without that experience that they were promised. They are now atheists and are angry for being what they called "duped." Like I said, not everyone can get benefits from meditation or even creative visualizing, and when they do what they get is limited. You are talking about getting $1000 but some people can't even get $5. It has to do with abilities, just like some people are good at sports; others not.

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 10-26-2017 at 10:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity