Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 01:45 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,725,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
That there are people who take advantage of others in the name of religion and in the name of Christianity is a given, but it is not something Jesus taught.
but do you deny the college professors who teach all out lies and anarchy their salary? I bet you don't !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2017, 01:48 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Everyone is in the water as creatures of the sea and this is why we have so many examples of being taken from the water as Noah, as Moses, as Jonah, as the whole nation of Israel born through the water, and Paul received fish scales over his eyes in symbolism. The great sea of Solomon is there for people to be taken from the water and the temple design illustrates a sea creature of water that becomes a creature of air.

Fishers of Men is what Ezekiel is speaking of when the waters proceed from the temple and fishers will cast their nets in that water and pull many from the waters, and this has already taken place and is taking place. That water that proceeded from the temple has a mind of it's own to curse other waters or to bless them as it goes.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 10-19-2017 at 02:09 PM..

Old 10-19-2017, 02:06 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I prefer the personal touch without expectations.
That last question I asked wasn't directed toward you, nor did it in any way have anything to do with your previous repsonses to me.

Old 10-19-2017, 02:20 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
What is a "fisher of men" than someone who doesn't have to do manual work anymore?

Of course there is an appeal for material wealth for anyone who has been "saved" from reading the gospels. Didn't Jesus later on tell them to go out and "fish" for men in order to pay the taxes (with a valuable coin), since they were all considered children of the king?

In other words, anyone who has converted or been "born again" after reading the gospels has done so out of greed.

Even more greedy is anyone who has been "called" to ministry after reading the gospels.

Fishers of men= Luke 10--Acts 20:20-- It does not stop until the end. Matt 24:14

Old 10-19-2017, 04:18 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
wow. I'm sorry for whatever has been done to you. Seriously.

I know for a fact my pastor makes 1/2 what he used to make. He did not do it for money, nor am I in it for money. In fact, I give a large portion of my salary to my church and to other charities.
No one has done anything. I just read the entire Bible and understood the original meaning.

Okay, I'll admit I exaggerated to prove a point. Obviously, not all ministers and believers are doing it for financial reward. I even respect the things that Christian churches are doing, as in any faith tradition. But I will never respect the dogmas that are clearly being ridiculed in their own "scriptures".

Old 10-19-2017, 06:40 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,606 times
A bird?

Old 10-20-2017, 12:28 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
I give a large portion of my salary to my church and to other charities.
Quote:
Why?
Quote:
Wow. Why am I completely unsurprised?
Quote:
I prefer the personal touch without expectations.
Quote:
That last question I asked wasn't directed toward you, nor did it in any way have anything to do with your previous responses to me.
Apparently, it wasn't directed at anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity