Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2017, 09:23 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,319,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I never thought of it this way. Some people may not be able to dislike another person, for any reason. They hold people in such importance that there is no way for them to "judge" a person unhealthy for the rest of us. They truly may not be able to do that.

wow, I have to think about that.

It reminds me of a person that will dislike a person based on political belief instead of what they are actually trying to do with the resources we have. I never understood that much emotion overwhelming logic. Well, until we actually meet the people that is.
From your other posts I think yourself to be blind to your own irrational dislike against liberals or those you constantly refer to as militi.whoever they might be in your mind. Perhaps those that have a similar bent against either believers or non believers are also totally blind to their dislike? Maybe my posts are perceived by others as disliking or even hating believers without my being aware of that. The major reason I come to these forums is my attempt to try to understand what and how fundamentalist Christians think because I have had a very minimal exposure to the in real life in my 65 plus years life. And the real truth is it is much harder to hate people when you know and understand them then when you go ranting against some carature of them because that it all you know about them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2017, 09:24 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,360,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
My conclusion is that beliefs, faith, arguments, etc, all these
things mean nothing.
There are fundamentalist charismatic Christians who are some of the best people I have known.
And there are nonbelievers and agnostics who couldn't care less about their neighbor.
And may I add, truly, I have known the opposite, also....
but maybe my atheist friends are just
the best...and not the norm, but I don't think so.

The Charismatics, of which I was one, your reg Tongue speaking, Holy Spirit Baptized...are some
very troubled folks.
Because they came to me for counsel, they told me so many things about themselves....wowsa...big
into adultery.

Old 10-21-2017, 09:24 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,038,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
you do realize Christ said NOT to do it despite what men wrote in scripture. right.

You do realize that that it was already a part of the laws within the sacrificial system, right? He was expounding on it, not changing it. Peace

Old 10-21-2017, 09:35 AM

50,330 posts, read 63,895,871 times
I’ve never heard of a Bible hater. I think there are 3 categories regarding the Bible...the uninterested, the literal folks, and the folks who think the Bible is a lot of people’s various interpretations of religious teachings through the years.

My own opinion is that those who think they have all the right answers are wrong.

Old 10-21-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
One thing I have always wondered is when the Gospel of John states that Jesus was the Word made flesh, why do people want to focus on words written on paper?

Another thing I have always wondered is if the Bible is the perfect word of God, wouldn't that also make it a God? After all, only God is perfect, so if the Bible is perfect it also has to be a God.
That means the Trinity doesn't exist, it is a 4 part God - Creator, Christ, Holy Spirit, Bible.

Along those lines if it is perfect, wouldn't we also have to be perfect to understand it? Since we are not perfect, how could we know what is perfect as we look at it with imperfect eyes and understanding.
Well said. You made some great points.
Lies? You made perfect sense.

God, a 4-Parter...good one...the roadmap, the instruction manual a part of God...good one.

And that is not to say that there are not great truths in the Bible....some even Holy Spirit inspired.

Old 10-21-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Could you define "hater" in your question?
Oh...dunno...they hate everything about the Bible.
Like some people hate everything about Fords....usually letting others know!

I don't think you are supposed to use the word you are trying to define....so
'intense dislike', that creates an aversion and a strong reaction....so not indifference or a simple dislike.

Old 10-21-2017, 09:44 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,342,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Tell me Warden, did Jesus say this or not?

Matt 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Have you not bothered to consider that the Passover story that they were told to rehearse to their children FOREVER, contains a very large amount of Egyptians being slaughtered by the hand of G-d with water, shortly after the firstborn of the Egyptians were also slaughtered by the angel of death?

He's not nearly as squeamish about death as you pretend to be, as to Him it's as simple as breathing in and recalling their spirits back to the One that gave it. The flesh profits NOTHING, but you are making an idol out of it, as you try to make Him over into your image. The clay vessel has NO RIGHTS to brag about being "more righteous" than G-d, yet that is PRECISELY what this pseudo compassion and love doctrine your trying to veil people's eyes with, DOES.

Heap to yourself all the teachers of UN-righteousness you can find in the carnal minds of men who hate a holy G-d and have no respect (fear of Lord) for Him, it will not profit you or them, in the last day. Peace
Quote:
@ Warden.....so let's go back to what I actually said that set you off in attacking the poster instead of replying to what I said....Peace
Believing you are the righteous one, doesn't help your cause.

Old 10-21-2017, 09:48 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,910,926 times
Quote:
And true to pattern, instead of replying to what I posted, you slam the poster. Characteristically, that points to a weak position. But then you know you have a weak position, because you just haven't figured out a way to eliminate ALL those pesky scriptures that call your doctrine a lie. Peace
This is really strange; I went back 4 pages and didn't come across "what (you) posted," so why would you think Warden's post had anything to do with it?
THEN I looked at Warden's post and don't see ANY other poster being "slammed."

I'd ask if you were losing it, but that train is gone.

Old 10-21-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Miss H was citing a post that used the term. I think the question is best answered by that poster.
Missed this post, like 4-5 pages back...yes ask Xuipa.
Xuipa? Could you define a Bible hater as you meant it for phetaroi, sp?

Old 10-21-2017, 09:52 AM

I'm trying to take a shower...would people stop posting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity