Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2017, 06:32 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
The right hand of falseness is going to die.
I have no idea what that means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2017, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Oh, . i wasnt trained to wrestle.
I like cheese.

Old 10-23-2017, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Simply, she invoked her religious right, and was jailed for contempt.
The very same Law that protects against religious persecution(discrimination).

And This only occurred after she was ordered by the Executive branch to issue the license.
Your understanding of the legal points is lacking.

She freely chose to be the county clerk, no one forced her, no one forces her to continue. Its entirely her choice. She took an oath to uphold the duties of her office. As such, she is required to do so.

A federal judge ordered her to carry out her duties. Either do it herself, or arrange for her subordinates to do so. She refused. That is why she was jailed.

Old 10-24-2017, 05:13 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
What is the point of arguing with a nutcase?

Old 10-24-2017, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
What is the point of arguing with a nutcase?
You have me there.

Old 10-24-2017, 07:52 AM

709 posts, read 377,915 times
I don't accept.

Old 10-24-2017, 07:59 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,587,871 times
Quote:
No, two persons of the same(gender)wanted to change the definition of marriage.
It has been changed countless times over the years. Betty Bowers can explain it far better than I can, so I will defer to her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFkeKKszXTw

Old 10-24-2017, 08:16 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
It has been changed countless times over the years. Betty Bowers can explain it far better than I can, so I will defer to her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFkeKKszXTw
Betty is an inspiration for fundies everywhere. Bless her heart.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:32 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times
17"For the LORD your God is the God of gods and the Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God who does not show partiality nor take a bribe.

Jesus answered,
“Have you not read that from the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female’ and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 6So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.”…

24God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

Ten Horns to speak blasphemy against the Most High.
And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.
28 Hitherto is the end of the matter. As for me Daniel, my cogitations much troubled me, and my countenance changed in me: but I kept the matter in my heart.

They will seek the Death of the Cross but will not find it.
strength in forgiveness
And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.

34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.

35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.

36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.

37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.
39 Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.

Last edited by pinacled; 10-24-2017 at 09:00 AM..

Old 10-24-2017, 08:52 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times
Quote:
17"For the LORD your God is the God of gods and the Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God who does not show partiality nor take a bribe.

Jesus answered,
“Have you not read that from the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female’ and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 6So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.”…

24God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

Ten Horns to speak blasphemy against the Most High.
And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.
28 Hitherto is the end of the matter. As for me Daniel, my cogitations much troubled me, and my countenance changed in me: but I kept the matter in my heart.

They will seek the Death of the Cross but will not find it.
And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.

34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.

35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.

36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.

37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.
39 Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.

The two witnesses of a covenant.
the Torah(law) and the Prophets

]When the two witnesses have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the abyss will wage war with them, and will overpower and kill them.

Last edited by pinacled; 10-24-2017 at 09:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity