Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2017, 09:38 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,842,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaniee View Post
Breaking up a family over the guy smoking cigarettes.
Alienating his children from him. It was so sad.
But it's ok for a family to disown a person for being LGBT, after all, we're just a bunch of rapists, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
There is no need to be upset.
Unless you have taken the mark.
The LGBT community, of which I am a part is being slandered (a sin) on a Christian forum. I have every right to be upset.

Old 10-24-2017, 09:47 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,165,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
The LGBT community, of which I am a part is being slandered (a sin) on a Christian forum. I have every right to be upset.
You do indeed.

But keep in mind that it's fundamentalists we're dealing with here. Most do not have either the intellect or education to add shades of grey to their black and white world. Nuance is just a word in the dictionary they'd never bother to look up.

And, it has become increasingly apparent to me in my years of dealing with them, that hardcore fundamentalists also lack empathy and compassion.

They are spiritually dead inside. All they have to cling to are words mindlessly regurgitated from their poorly-understood "holy" book.

Forgive them. For they are too dim to know what really awful people they are.

Old 10-24-2017, 09:54 AM

8,168 posts, read 8,519,039 times
My read on this complexity is that adulterers getting married puts an end to the sex being a violation since it will be between a consenting male-female pairing which is sanctioned by the Bible.
The other arrangement perpetuates the situation, which many see as sinful.
Since I have know several loving gay couples on both sides of the pairings, I 'm just not sure.

Old 10-24-2017, 09:56 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,032 times
Quote:
Where?

Old 10-24-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You do indeed.

But keep in mind that it's fundamentalists we're dealing with here. Most do not have either the intellect or education to add shades of grey to their black and white world. Nuance is just a word in the dictionary they'd never bother to look up.

And, it has become increasingly apparent to me in my years of dealing with them, that hardcore fundamentalists also lack empathy and compassion.

They are spiritually dead inside. All they have to cling to are words mindlessly regurgitated from their poorly-understood "holy" book.

I know. Thank you, Trout. I'll work on forgiveness.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:22 AM

465 posts, read 235,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaniee Homosexuality is a sin so heinous GOD destroyed an entire city due to it, is another thing all together. Sure they were rapists also, not just homosexuals but homosexuality is so condemned anyhow. And Rape occurs all over the place but only cities Sodom & Gomorrah were entirely destroyed over these homosexual rapists. Allowing only Gods own to escape. This is the only example of homsoexuality in scripture and it is linking them to being rapists. That is because that is pretty much how they got that way in the first place. A homosexual rapist got to them to groom them into what they are. A study on the word effeminate will explain this
Quote:
So my lesbian friend is homosexual because she was raped? Considering she's a virgin (that means she's never had sex), that's pretty fascinating. How about Christian LGBT activist Matthew Vines (another virgin, also celibate)? Was he raped, too?
I believe Jeaniee did say they were groomed into it. Doesn't make them guilty of anything other than they were the victims of an insult.

geekigirl:
Quote:
So if I'm offended by her refusal to keep her oath (Numbers 30:2), and by her refusal to follow the laws of the land she lives in Romans 13:1-2), and for showing no love or mercy to those who wish to be married (Romans 1:31-32), I'm not a believer in your eyes?
The notion they need the state to sanctify their marriage agreements, is that the first way of acknowledging they still need acceptance?

To receive certain benefits perhaps while to jail Kim Davis went because she felt the way she did she paid. Is that enough of a sacrifice?

The ones facing the most discrimination not counted enough in the whole world are the same ones God created before where to mankind.

If there was an issue to unite people who care about the Earth as being where is the LORD's Kingdom, the testimonies of groups suffered.

The one thing missed most by the church is how the animals feel having to be subject to the worst conditions seen to become their food.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Where?
This kills me. Discrimination? Slander? Maliciousnes? Where?? Not us!

Proverbs 24:11-12.

Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to die;
save them as they stagger to their death.
Don’t excuse yourself by saying, “Look, we didn’t know.”
For God understands all hearts, and he sees you.

He who guards your soul knows you knew.
He will repay all people as their actions deserve.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:27 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syphon-guy View Post
Certainly the gay friends I have would not want anything to do with the church. I could hardly blame them. If I was in the position of being discriminated against (which thankfully I'm not), I would avoid church and Christians completely. They way they attack homosexuals seems obsessive.
Not all Christians do, and some gay people DO want to follow a Christian path.

Jesus did not exclude, and neither do we. Our gay parishioners participate fully in the life of church, as does gay clergy.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:29 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You do indeed.

You are much kinder than I would be--and here I am supposed to be Christian, and you are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity