Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2017, 09:15 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,915,177 times

Advertisements

Does anyone actually take pinnacled seriously?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 09:33 PM

88,535 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Does anyone actually take pinnacled seriously?
I never really interacted with him before today, and I got to feel the feel brunt of his demented schtick.

See, this is where I know I'm not really by nature a good person. Instead of automatically feeling as if he is ill and in need of treatment, my first assumption is that he's playing the crazy card just to get away with saying the nasty rotten stuff he wants to say.

Maybe I am just cynical because I'm from Jersey.

Old 10-27-2017, 10:37 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,726,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
And knowing that you called Troutdude a brother.

The word brother or brethren denotes a Common Faith.
So I'm a somewhat curious about how quick you were to defend troutdude with "Brother."
This entire thread was insult after insult while I posted a mere legal, logical case point.

And i don't recall you defending me.
I'm voting with you

Old 10-28-2017, 12:39 AM

63,790 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
And knowing that you called Troutdude a brother.
The word brother or brethren denotes a Common Faith.
So I'm a somewhat curious about how quick you were to defend troutdude with "Brother."
This entire thread was insult after insult while I posted a mere legal, logical case point.
And i don't recall you defending me.
You are conflating your views with yourself, they are NOT the same. We can and do disagree with your views but can still consider you a brother in Christ as I do. The same is true for Troutdude and geekigurl. Her point is valid:
"TD and I have different faith traditions. He is an Animist, I am a Christian. I believe we are all Gods children, all of humanity, that is why I call him my brother, because he is."
Perhaps it is you who separates us into friend and enemy instead of brothers and sisters.

Old 10-28-2017, 06:52 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
The story you told is not that uncommon, similar ones have been told to me by gays on how their parents knew even before they realized it.

After reading this thread the person calling you a liar has shown no intregety, has called Geekigurl comments about her personal experience with a church as libealous, has accused a federal judge, who us a devout Christian, of having take a bribe with zero evidence to back the claim, and accused at least 5 Supreme Court justices of treason.

To all Christians reading this, you cannot expect us non believers to accept that your religion is what love is when some Christians behave in these manners. Love does not call others liars or dishonest just because they don't agree with you. There are some pastors who have called for the death penalty for gays and at least one who pushed for it in Uganda.

If you oppose SSM be part of a church that does not allow it. It is the law of the land and LBGT folks have legal rights and in some States they have the right to be free of discrimination and some States you can refuse them jobs, housing and even the right to buy food. It's obvious that some Christians opposed the idea of same sex couples having legal rights to marry while others oppose the very notion that same sex couples should even exist.
One of my friends I've known for about 20 years, her name is Trisha. We lost touch around 2000-ish and reconnected in 2013, after I had come out. I explained gender dysphoria to her, and she was like "oh, I knew that a long time ago", I asked her how she knew and she said it was the way I spoke and carried myself. Kind of a funny story.

Old 10-28-2017, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
The story you told is not that uncommon, similar ones have been told to me by gays on how their parents knew even before they realized it.

After reading this thread the person calling you a liar has shown no intregety, has called Geekigurl comments about her personal experience with a church as libealous, has accused a federal judge, who us a devout Christian, of having take a bribe with zero evidence to back the claim, and accused at least 5 Supreme Court justices of treason.

To all Christians reading this, you cannot expect us non believers to accept that your religion is what love is when some Christians behave in these manners. Love does not call others liars or dishonest just because they don't agree with you. There are some pastors who have called for the death penalty for gays and at least one who pushed for it in Uganda.

If you oppose SSM be part of a church that does not allow it. It is the law of the land and LBGT folks have legal rights and in some States they have the right to be free of discrimination and some States you can refuse them jobs, housing and even the right to buy food. It's obvious that some Christians opposed the idea of same sex couples having legal rights to marry while others oppose the very notion that same sex couples should even exist.
Very much this, thank you badlander, and I'm sorry so many of us (I'm not always as kind and loving as I need to be, and I own that) act the way we do, and then claim God is Love.

Old 10-28-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
YES! You ARE! Thank you!
You're welcome!

Old 10-28-2017, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Pin, you called both me and MQ liars and much worse. Nobody made a federal case out of it. We are discussing religion and it's going to get a little heated sometimes. LGBT have been called abominations and have their spouses equated to having sex with an animal. How do you think a straight man would react if you said:
" Why don't you just have sex with your dog?" after you meet his wife?

You want someone to kiss your behind after that? Really? If you are so concerned with personal attacks than lead the way and stop doing it. This is beautifully illustrating the whole point of the OP.
Thank you, L8

Old 10-28-2017, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are conflating your views with yourself, they are NOT the same. We can and do disagree with your views but can still consider you a brother in Christ as I do. The same is true for Troutdude and geekigurl. Her point is valid:
"TD and I have different faith traditions. He is an Animist, I am a Christian. I believe we are all Gods children, all of humanity, that is why I call him my brother, because he is."
Perhaps it is you who separates us into friend and enemy instead of brothers and sisters.
Right on, good post.

Old 10-28-2017, 08:02 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
Quote:
Does anyone actually take pinacled seriously?
I only glance at his posts when someone regrettably, for me, quotes him...my stomach actually turns now.
The sheer....I can't go on about what I see...just ick in those darn quote boxes....enough said..
along with many others here...
that I'm grateful I see have even been deleted by the Mods/Mod, quickly.

There is a feeling the egoic mind loves of thinking it is a warrior for Christ, it is, indeed, a charge..
Then, there is the sweet feeling in the heart that comes from following what is right and kind, loving, empathetic and compassionate..when people come together and understand another's heart...not placard waving thinking it is a reflection of God's love.
Big difference...like salt and pepper...a wide gap.

So, with no malice, like crossing the street when a trashcan smells...I placed many on Ignore...thank
you for having that available to us City D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity