Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2017, 09:10 AM

15,843 posts, read 6,308,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Let my previous post sink in. No, I am not seeking any authority. I express my views like everyone else, and I can quote what the Bible says. You being offended by Bible quotes is your issue, not mine.
You added so I'll respond to your last sentence. What makes you think I'm offended? I don't see you as being offended but just giving your opinion. Are you offended? The people who see it differently than you also use Bible quotes to show how they came to the conclusion as you. I don't think anyone is "offended" by it. It looks to me more of a matter on who is looking at it correctly and who is not. Maybe no one has it right. Maybe we should know our role as a human and stop trying to point out the differences and look at what's common.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2017, 09:20 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I've posted this before, and you said it was a pleasant post. This would help us reconcile immeasurably.

Someone accused me in a rep point comment of living in 'x-rated sin', I thought that was pretty ridiculous, if you were to spend time with me offline,looking beyond the LGBT+ label you'd quickly realize that I am as normal as anyone else, and that I am fantastically boring. There's a caricature of us in the minds of far too many Christians, of us being over the top promiscuous, STD ridden nymphomaniacs. When someone like twin looks at me, all they see is sin. They don't look beyond the caricature. That is so far from the truth. Resist that impulse to judge that caricature. Don't judge us by that caricature. Get to know us as people, and judge us by our character if you must judge.

One more thing, and I don't say this to shame you, but you said something that was incredibly hurtful to me. You said that mature people don't need to be comforted, you dismissed my pain as immaturity. That hurt me deeply. The next time someone tells you that they are wounded and hurting, don't dismiss it. Hurt with that person. A lot of times something as simple as a hug can bring more healing than anything else. And yes, an online hug is just as powerful as an offline hug.

*hugs*
If you were to spend time with me in person i would just be myself.

And if you were a chef. My mouth would be full and my heart would be happy,.

I hope i helped dispel the nonsense going on with the faux storm chasers. There may come a time when people will have to look after themselves with no guidance from the truth. This place is not meant for humankind. It is a place designated to separate the truth from untruth.
A soul has need of the most precious nutrients of all. And the only ones who would want to squelch these precious nutrients are the very creatures who have been denied the gift.

Again, thankyou for the pleasant conversation

Old 10-30-2017, 09:29 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
It is quite simple. Either you admit you are as hate filled as the fundamentalists you attack, or you are not. Which is it? In the earlier statement you clearly suggest you are NOT as judgmental and hate filled as fundamentalists....
YOU simply refuse to acknowledge the difference between reasoned criticism and unexamined prejudice.

Old 10-30-2017, 09:32 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
You added so I'll respond to your last sentence. What makes you think I'm offended? I don't see you as being offended but just giving your opinion. Are you offended? The people who see it differently than you also use Bible quotes to show how they came to the conclusion as you. I don't think anyone is "offended" by it. It looks to me more of a matter on who is looking at it correctly and who is not. Maybe no one has it right. Maybe we should know our role as a human and stop trying to point out the differences and look at what's common.
Obviously some people are offended, or they would not resort to such language like calling other people "sick" etc. Maybe you are not, but many others are.

Old 10-30-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Obviously some people are offended, or they would not resort to such language like calling other people "sick" etc. Maybe you are not, but many others are.
Just ignore them.

Or take notes and have a little fun.

Old 10-30-2017, 09:40 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
I think you will agree the law allows you to lie, and sleep around. They are not crimes. You can lie about your golf score all day long, or cheat on your spouse, and the law won't bother you.

No, I did not say Christians do not violate God's laws. They do it all the time. What worries me is some people who call themselves Christians are saying it's all right to violate God's laws. As a matter of fact you will be attacked and accused for simply pointing out what the Bible says about such things. Adulterers are kicked out of churches all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
That has nothing to do with you though. If they call themselves Christians then they are as far as you know. You can't decide what is Christian and what is not based on your viewpoint. People interpret the Bible differently and who's to stay you are right and they are wrong? Who's to say it's so clear cut to even have a right or wrong? To me that falls under God's things. He is capable of exposing falseness without your help, don't ya think? Is all you are doing is taking it upon yourself to become judge. Like I told Jimmy before, that is way way over your pay grade.
Good post, L8. I know that many Christians come from a place of caring about others and wanting what they think is best for them. But God's not in the business of condemning people and we can trust God to guide others as much as we trust God to guide us, regardless of the differences in our beliefs. Understanding that frees us from worry, and helps us to let go of the need to try to control someone else's personal life.

Old 10-30-2017, 09:42 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
YOU simply refuse to acknowledge the difference between reasoned criticism and unexamined prejudice.
Since you think calling people "sick", "hate filled", "coward" etc is just reasoned criticism, then perhaps it is you who is confused about it. You and 'troutdude' are in the same boat, since he too considers any insult just "accurate description" as long as it is directed at people who he does not consider as members of his "tribe".

You are trying to give yourself a free pass to condemn others. I told you before you would not have to spend so much time trying to justify your behavior if you lived what you try to preach.

Old 10-30-2017, 09:46 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I've posted this before, and you said it was a pleasant post. This would help us reconcile immeasurably.

Someone accused me in a rep point comment of living in 'x-rated sin', I thought that was pretty ridiculous, if you were to spend time with me offline,looking beyond the LGBT+ label you'd quickly realize that I am as normal as anyone else, and that I am fantastically boring. There's a caricature of us in the minds of far too many Christians, of us being over the top promiscuous, STD ridden nymphomaniacs. When someone like twin looks at me, all they see is sin. They don't look beyond the caricature. That is so far from the truth. Resist that impulse to judge that caricature. Don't judge us by that caricature. Get to know us as people, and judge us by our character if you must judge.

One more thing, and I don't say this to shame you, but you said something that was incredibly hurtful to me. You said that mature people don't need to be comforted, you dismissed my pain as immaturity. That hurt me deeply. The next time someone tells you that they are wounded and hurting, don't dismiss it. Hurt with that person. A lot of times something as simple as a hug can bring more healing than anything else. And yes, an online hug is just as powerful as an offline hug.

*hugs*
"When someone like twin looks at me, all they see is sin. They don't look beyond the caricature. That is so far from the truth."

Correct ... That is so far from the truth.

I see what all of what Scriptures teach, not the hopscotch approach that you \ Mightyqueen801 and others conveniently employ.

I see when God's Word the Scripture is quoted that:
1) judges the LGBT+ premise as rebellious sin ... the same hopscotch crowd recoils but then claims being a Christian.
2) declares the LGBT+ premise as being deceived ... the same hopscotch crowd recoils but then claims being a Christian.
3) refutes the LGBT+ premise as being non-removable \ non sexually immoral ... the same hopscotch crowd recoils but then claims being a Christian.

I see when God's Word the Scripture is quoted that God desires the LGBT+ to turn from such sin and deception ... the same hopscotch crowd recoils but then claims being a Christian.

Old 10-30-2017, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
"When someone like twin looks at me, all they see is sin. They don't look beyond the caricature. That is so far from the truth."

Correct ... That is so far from the truth.

I see what all of what Scriptures teach, not the hopscotch approach that you \ Mightyqueen801 and others conveniently employ.

I see when God's Word the Scripture is quoted that:
1) judges the LGBT+ premise as rebellious sin ... the same hopscotch crowd recoils but then claims being a Christian.
2) declares the LGBT+ premise as being deceived ... the same hopscotch crowd recoils but then claims being a Christian.
3) refutes the LGBT+ premise as being non-removable \ non sexually immoral ... the same hopscotch crowd recoils but then claims being a Christian.

I see when God's Word the Scripture is quoted that God desires the LGBT+ to turn from such sin and deception ... the same hopscotch crowd recoils but then claims being a Christian.
Of course a person is to turn from sin.
Though if i remember correctly Yeshua was much harder on the leaders than the people under rule of pharisee, and lawyers perverting justice to further line their pockets with revenue.

Who was it he ate with again.

Old 10-30-2017, 10:11 AM

15,843 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Just ignore them.

Or take notes and have a little fun.
Or read their posts in a PeeWee Herman voice. If it's a female poster sometimes I use Lady Elaine. I don't have to do that much here but in the Politics oy vey!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity