Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2017, 11:42 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I'm sorry, but sick, hate filled and coward GO with prejudice, and THAT label sticks as long as you refuse to engage in reasoned discourse on the issue, merely repeating the prejudiced misunderstanding of scripture that has oppressed innocent people for so long.
So, any insult is justified as long as you claim it was "reasoned discourse" or "accurate description" in your own opinion.

Wow!

You can't make this stuff up folks......

This summarizes the universalist idea of a reasoned discourse.

Click image for larger version

Name:	10usbk.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	191880
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2017, 11:44 AM

15,842 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Which would boil down to him being purposefully confusing. I, personally, find such a motive to be distasteful, and would much prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's simply confused, himself.
Hanlon's razor in action...nice!

Yeah, I don't know that I'd call it purposefully confusing. He may not see the need to correct the behavior especially if one or two people claim to understand him. Or maybe we are being punked by him.

Old 10-30-2017, 11:47 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Yeshua is teaching the Torah.
"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;"

Deuteronomy 30:11-20New International Version (NIV)

The Offer of Life or Death
11 Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. 12 It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, “Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” 13 Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, “Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” 14 No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it.

15 See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction. 16 For I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the Lord your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.

17 But if your heart turns away and you are not obedient, and if you are drawn away to bow down to other gods and worship them, 18 I declare to you this day that you will certainly be destroyed. You will not live long in the land you are crossing the Jordan to enter and possess.

And what river again was it that yochanon washed the repentant hearts in.
What manner of priesthood would this be
You have used an incorrect English translation of the Hebrew language in Deut. 30:15:

Quote:
15Behold, I have set before you today life and good, and death and evil, טורְאֵ֨ה נָתַ֤תִּי לְפָנֶ֨יךָ֙ הַיּ֔וֹם אֶת־הַֽחַיִּ֖ים וְאֶת־הַטּ֑וֹב וְאֶת־הַמָּ֖וֶת וְאֶת־הָרָֽע:
Jews believe YHWH created Evil, and created Satan to be His servant to test humans to see if they would remain faithful.

Old 10-30-2017, 11:51 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
You have used an incorrect English translation of the Hebrew language in Deut. 30:15:

Jews believe YHWH created Evil, and created Satan to be His servant to test humans to see if they would remain faithful.
No they dont.

Old 10-30-2017, 11:51 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Man's laws also permits lying and adultery, and many other things which God's law forbids.
God's laws permit slavery and rape.

Old 10-30-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, any insult is justified as long as you claim it was "reasoned discourse" or "accurate description" in your own opinion.

Wow!

You can't make this stuff up folks......

This summarizes the universalist idea of a reasoned discourse.

Attachment 191880
Would you consider anti-social to be an insult?

Old 10-30-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
She didn't call you sick, but I said you are hypocritical based on your posts.
I don't think she called me personally anything. I am talking about the way she refers to other people in general.

Quote:
I didn't call you sick either. However the psycholigists who wrote The Fundamentalist Mindset---did. As one mental health reviewer wrote
If you are not calling me sick, it can only mean you disagree with the writer. I don't blame you, since he is trying to associate Christians with nazis. It's nothing new though, the nazis themselves resorted to same kind of smear tactics in their efforts to turn people against the Jews. What kind of a person would agree with such nonsense? But.....if you do not agree with it, why are you posting it?

I do not recognize myself in his description of "fundamentalists", which can only mean that either I am not one, or he has no idea what he is talking about. As a matter of fact, in my days I never met a person who fits his description of anyone. Where do you find garbage like that? Tentmaker.com?

Old 10-30-2017, 11:58 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Hanlon's razor in action...nice!

Yeah, I don't know that I'd call it purposefully confusing. He may not see the need to correct the behavior especially if one or two people claim to understand him. Or maybe we are being punked by him.
Well, now that he's acknowledged that he says things in a way that only "spiritual" people will understand (and he deems most of us to be unspiritual), the question is, why talk to us at all? I can think of no reason other than to try to make himself feel superior, so no Hanlon's razor there I guess. Of course, I see it more like a case of the Emperor's new clothes and people are often telling him that he's naked, but he doesn't seem to care.

Old 10-30-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Well, now that he's acknowledged that he says things in a way that only "spiritual" people will understand (and he deems most of us to be unspiritual), the question is, why talk to us at all? I can think of no reason other than to try to make himself feel superior, so no Hanlon's razor there I guess. Of course, I see it more like a case of the Emperor's new clothes and people are often telling him that he's naked, but he doesn't seem to care.
It's been my experience growing up that people like that are always on a mission from God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=MKZSqd5Y8nA

Edit: I'd give you some reps but it won't let me.

Old 10-30-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Would you consider anti-social to be an insult?
Do you feel insulted if someone is not in the mood for talking with you? I do not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity