Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2017, 08:25 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
That's not compassion WD. Would you like to be called foolish and talked to like your opinion was crap. This is what gets you called a hypocrite dude.
What is amazing to me is that people never seem to understand why Jesus would overturn THEIR tables.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2017, 08:50 AM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
What is amazing to me is that people never seem to understand why Jesus would overturn THEIR tables.
It's not amazing to me. I was there so I know how it happens. What would have helped me is someone helping to empowering me to overturn the table myself.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:53 AM

23,145 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Jesus overturned those tables because Ezekiel had changed the law according to the sacrifices.

Old 11-19-2017, 09:27 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,845 times
Quote:
The Bible was written by atheists?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadducees
they believed in nothing spiritual and since God is spirt. so they were in all effects materialist , the
Which is philosophy held by all current atheists.
so if you forced all theists into their society at that time.. for power and political reasons.. they would be the very rich and politically powerful underhanded and worse Sadducees . because they didn't really believe in God ..
but bad news for your attempts at this argument .. .. they wrote 0% of the Bible..( you can thank the Lord )

now some of the Sadducees No doubt had commentaries in the
extra biblical "jewish" writings.. ps these should have been burned probably ..

Even Paul as a ex murder of christians and a Pharisee( By birthright and politically so to speak ) tries to remove himself and christianity from any connections to the Sadducees sect over and over .. so dang they sure must have been something .
yes Athiest and agnostics in a religious social system like Judah or Israel was..
would all have been politically the underhanded but powerful and lying and rich militant Sadducees who had political control of the temple !
just like they have control of the education systems here now.. aint nothing new under this sun..

Old 11-19-2017, 10:44 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Jesus overturned those tables because Ezekiel had changed the law according to the sacrifices.
It was symbolic of turning the tables of approaching the throne grace. The throne of grace which is in all people.

Old 11-19-2017, 11:32 AM

22,168 posts, read 19,217,049 times
Quote:
That's not compassion WD. Would you like to be called foolish and talked to like your opinion was crap. This is what gets you called a hypocrite dude.
Amen.

Old 11-19-2017, 11:59 AM

23,145 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It was symbolic of turning the tables of approaching the throne grace. The throne of grace which is in all people.
LOL, that has absolutely nothing to do with it.

''Approaching the throne of Grace.''

Let me help you out, this saying is only said on one day because you ONLY approach the throne of grace one day out of the year, and you have to do this every single year in boldness and in confidence, and not one Christian who doesn't keep the appointed Sabbaths can approach the throne AT ALL.

If you don't accept the Sabbaths of God, YOU CANNOT enter into the Holy place because you aren't Israel, and if you don't accept the feasts and Sabbaths of God, you can't receive God's promise of being sealed in your forehead against Yom Kippur in order to come boldly to the throne of grace.

THE ONLY people who can approach the throne of grace in confidence and boldness are those people who have accepted the Sabbaths and feasts of God and this is a biblical fact.

You don't approach the throne at all unless you have converted to the ways of God, and this is done in confidence that YOU ACCEPTED the feasts of Jesus and his sacrifices FOR YOU.

ONLY ISRAEL can approach the throne on Yom Kippur because they are the only ones sealed in their forehead for the Sabbaths they keep, and the confidence comes from you knowing that you accepted Christ and his feasts and Sabbaths.

So no, that's has nothing to do with Jesus turning over the tables, it was the change of the responsibility of who was to supply those sacrifices, and this is the prince, the prince came and threw them out because it was his business, not theirs.

Old 11-19-2017, 12:42 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Quote:
Calling someone foolish for not reading or paying attention is not the same as calling them a fool. I not only have been called foolish, I HAVE been foolish on occasion/ You?

Old 11-19-2017, 12:49 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Again, you don't know me, and just keep on slandering. I have never condemned ANYONE to "hell", in realty OR "in my heart". I don't think myself to BE, Jewish, I AM Jewish. Talk about hiding something in your heart. And one of my "gay friends" you think has a problem with me is AGAIN taking a vacation with me soon, at my invitation and my expense, with some other friends.

I notice you dodge EVERYTHING and just rant on the posters. And I could CARE LESS about pleasing the flesh of man. Better find out about deliverance for Christians while you still have time to. Peace
You've called me misogynistic and anti-Semitic.

Being "kind" to someone you believe is going to hell is like giving a great last dinner to someone going to the gas chamber. "Wish you well in hell!"

Why are you on the Christian thread if you are Jewish? I worship a Jew named Jesus who didn't worship the OT as you do. If you do not consider Him to be your Messiah, then you have every right to reject His entire purpose of Love. But then you have no right to criticize atheists who reject Jesus as a Messiah as well. But many of them, not all, see Jesus as a great role model for agape love.

Old 11-19-2017, 01:07 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
You've called me misogynistic and anti-Semitic.

Being "kind" to someone you believe is going to hell is like giving a great last dinner to someone going to the gas chamber. "Wish you well in hell!"

Why are you on the Christian thread if you are Jewish? I worship a Jew named Jesus who didn't worship the OT as you do. If you do not consider Him to be your Messiah, then you have every right to reject His entire purpose of Love. But then you have no right to criticize atheists who reject Jesus as a Messiah as well. But many of them, not all, see Jesus as a great role model for agape love.

Again, point to where I ever said ANYONE was going to "hell". Your hatred of fundies includes ANYONE who believes the word of G-d regardless of what they believe it to say, and you have NO IDEA obviously what I believe, yet you are all too happy to condemn me over it, all the time lecturing everyone about "agape love". Never said I rejected the Messiah either, far from it. You don't stop being Jewish just because you accept the Messiah. Neither have I criticized atheists. Open your eyes before you open your mouth for once, and really SEE who it is you're talking to. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity