Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2017, 05:44 PM

4,684 posts, read 6,080,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Do you only do what chapters and verses tell you to do?
Just pointing out that can be a equal statement as well.

I dont really think a Christian should be dressing up as the devil, or some zombie to get candy or women dressing in the most skimpy outfits to celebrate that day.

I know for most it just costumes and candy and no intent to worship Satan, but I guess there will always be the argument of why you are doing what you are doing and the origins of it. I personally dont do it, as Im tired of all the stupid European Holidays that people do out of tradition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2017, 06:01 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,281,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Just pointing out that can be a equal statement as well.

I dont really think a Christian should be dressing up as the devil, or some zombie to get candy or women dressing in the most skimpy outfits to celebrate that day.

I know for most it just costumes and candy and no intent to worship Satan, but I guess there will always be the argument of why you are doing what you are doing and the origins of it. I personally dont do it, as Im tired of all the stupid European Holidays that people do out of tradition.
What do you think about those Christians who were yelling and insulting those that did dress up or took their children out for Halloween?

When I was a kid it seemed to get cold and snow on Halloween so most costumes had to go over parkas. None of the churches in town spoke about the devil or evil on that night, it was just a fun night for the kids, and for older kids to tip over outhouses. Yes I am that old. 😐

Old 10-25-2017, 01:25 AM

32,529 posts, read 21,834,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
What do you think about those Christians who were yelling and insulting those that did dress up or took their children out for Halloween?

When I was a kid it seemed to get cold and snow on Halloween so most costumes had to go over parkas. None of the churches in town spoke about the devil or evil on that night, it was just a fun night for the kids, and for older kids to tip over outhouses. Yes I am that old. 😐
Out-hoses built by the WPA?...

Old 10-25-2017, 04:09 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,049,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
He's leading many to hell fire with his "continue in sin" salvation doctrine. Truth is, people continue in sin because they don't really have Jesus to keep them from sin. You can't serve two masters. You'll either serve Jesus or sin, but you can't serve both.
again, does than mean you no longer sin, or are you continuing to sin?

Old 10-25-2017, 05:31 AM

9,588 posts, read 4,983,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Your criticism is unjust. You judge God for unfairness, but seem to embrace it well enough yourself. A double standard is on display with no reservations at all. Hate of all that is good is the real issue here, not religion only.

No one who hopes for the good for their neighbor salivates over their neighbor when he falls into a trap. Stating the truth has always been risky in a corrupt society, and ours has become thoroughly debauched. Refusal to respond to mistreatment is now rewarded with lies and false accusations. One wonders how you yourself would respond to insults and lies and persecution. Not well I'd guess.

What sort of twisted moral standard do you suggest replace the idea that its good to save the lost, refrain from responding to insults or to speak the truth? Are you a politician or a lawyer, or just a perv that wants to satisfy his lust without the consequence of a guilty conscience? You can holler all you want, but the truth is that you can't indulge in sin without the guilt that comes with it. Guilt follows sin as day follows night. Its a fact of life. Wake up and smell the coffee.

The guilt is within you and hating others for revealing it in the light of truth won't make it go away.

Only through repentance and salvation in the name of Jesus Christ can one escape guilt. The truth here is that you are heading for a godless eternity and seem to want to justify the trip. Perhaps your addiction to sin and wickedness has so clouded your mind that you cannot admit to the advantages of good morals and sound judgment....and a touch of humility as well.

The fact remains that a guilty conscience riles you. Your harsh words only betray to the world what you deny in yourself. You are a sinner and it aggravates you. If the time comes when you become weary of carrying that load of sinful guilt around in you - remember that Jesus Christ can lift the burden. But don't delay too long. We live in a dangerous world and there's no guarantee that any of us will survive another year, or month, or week or day.

The time to repent is NOW.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 10-25-2017, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
again, does than mean you no longer sin, or are you continuing to sin?
He's either going to lie or ignore your question...

Old 10-25-2017, 05:42 AM

Quote:
He's leading many to hell fire with his "continue in sin" salvation doctrine. Truth is, people continue in sin because they don't really have Jesus to keep them from sin. You can't serve two masters. You'll either serve Jesus or sin, but you can't serve both.
So, basically what your saying is that it is ok to beat people over the head until they submit...Don't take no for an answer...If they reject you, pour on the steam...

Old 10-25-2017, 05:43 AM

Quote:
You teach them that continuing in sin won't cost them their salvation.

And no, Jesus didn't shed His blood to cover up perpetual sin.
Past, present and future sin...That is what is taught...

Old 10-25-2017, 05:45 AM

Quote:
You teach them that continuing in sin won't cost them their salvation.

And no, Jesus didn't shed His blood to cover up perpetual sin.
Cover???...I thought it was supposed to wash it away...

Old 10-25-2017, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Chapter and verse where God even tells us to celebrate Halloween?
The celebration is not called Halloween in the Bible...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity