Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2017, 11:47 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,352,184 times

Advertisements

It is mainly the Jehovah's Witnesses that do not like Halloween because, they say, it is because it is a pagan holiday. The real reason is because they don't like random people knocking on their doors.

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 10-31-2017 at 11:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2017, 12:15 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
It is mainly the Jehovah's Witnesses that do not like Halloween because, they say, it is because it is a pagan holiday. The real reason is because they don't like random people knocking on their doors.
That's irony...

Old 10-31-2017, 12:21 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,352,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
That's irony...
It was in the comics so I had to use it.

Old 10-31-2017, 12:27 PM

23,154 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
I wished Christians who hate Halloween would hate Christmas and Easter for the exact same reason. My mother is SO AGAINST Catholics as if they were a curse upon the Earth, but I keep reminding her of the fact that SHE IS CATHOLIC. A Protestant who follows what is wholly Catholic in that Catholic have their own laws and ways with their own pagan feasts IS Proving the Catholic church to be their one and only authority, and no Christian who keeps Christmas or Easter could possibly judge anyone for keeping Halloween, Halloween is no less or no more that Christmas and Easter is Pagan. It's like those Christian lawyers who are supposedly fighting for God when they sue the courts to keep the ten commandments up, and all the people supporting and paying the lawyers to do this, they don't believe in the ten commandments, they prove this by Sunday worship.

Old 10-31-2017, 12:52 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Lol good one.

Old 10-31-2017, 01:29 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
The whole idea is a Jewish Messianic man that is coming. Same thing the Matrix is built upon.
Still they anxiously await...

Old 10-31-2017, 02:31 PM

23,154 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Still they anxiously await...

Did you know that every Jew represents a personal savior to every Gentile?

At the mountain of God the priests became personal saviors to each first born, and then this concept evolved to show every single Jew being appointed to stand for many Gentiles because there are more Gentiles than Jews. Each Jew was appointed ten Gentiles from every nation, but this only means that each Jew is appointed his own congregation because the have ten people is the have your own personal congregation and one Jew will redeem as many Gentiles are appointed for each Jew. Jesus speaking as a lamb saying,'' Eat of my flesh,'' was no new thing.

Old 10-31-2017, 03:33 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
So megaphone guy insulting and condemning people is "love and forgiveness" and you say I'm simply too blind to see it.

Ok.
How is pointing out sin condemning people? Have you not read that the unrighteous shall not inherit the Kingdom of God? Would not a good neighbor warn his fellow neighbors of this? With regard to the megaphones, Jesus said:

Matthew 10:27
What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.

Old 10-31-2017, 05:00 PM

465 posts, read 235,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
How is pointing out sin condemning people? Have you not read that the unrighteous shall not inherit the Kingdom of God? Would not a good neighbor warn his fellow neighbors of this? With regard to the megaphones, Jesus said:

Matthew 10:27
What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDYId2Ab1o8

Old 10-31-2017, 11:13 PM

6,796 posts, read 2,907,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I wished Christians who hate Halloween would hate Christmas and Easter for the exact same reason. My mother is SO AGAINST Catholics as if they were a curse upon the Earth, but I keep reminding her of the fact that SHE IS CATHOLIC. A Protestant who follows what is wholly Catholic in that Catholic have their own laws and ways with their own pagan feasts IS Proving the Catholic church to be their one and only authority, and no Christian who keeps Christmas or Easter could possibly judge anyone for keeping Halloween, Halloween is no less or no more that Christmas and Easter is Pagan. It's like those Christian lawyers who are supposedly fighting for God when they sue the courts to keep the ten commandments up, and all the people supporting and paying the lawyers to do this, they don't believe in the ten commandments, they prove this by Sunday worship.
Very true ...!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity