Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2008, 10:07 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,571,369 times

Advertisements

Will we have memories of our time on Earth after we die and go to our ultimate destination?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 11:47 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,881,664 times
Hmmm...I don't know. But...I bet a lot will not want to remember our time here...a lot of our life on earth, for so many, is a daily struggle and miserable....
Sad, but true...
My guess is that living in Heaven, with Father God and Jesus, will be so totally wondrous, uplifting, and joyful...that we will give little thought to our former lives on earth...

Bud

Old 03-18-2008, 03:34 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,692,543 times
You know I don't think we will.. The scripture that came to my heart when I read this thread was:

Rev.21:4
And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.

And then that scripture led me to:
Isaiah 65:17-19
"For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former shall not be remembered or come to mind. But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create; for behold, I create Jerusalem as a rejoicing, and her people a joy. I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in My people; the voice of weeping shall no longer be heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

Now that sounds pretty convincing to me.....yahoo!!!

Blessings

Old 03-18-2008, 03:39 PM

1,491 posts, read 3,115,456 times
I think we will know the people in our lives who shared in the Gospel as well as meeting all those who passed before us but as far as our individual lives, not sure but it probably won't be very important as we will be spending eternity with God.

Old 03-18-2008, 03:44 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,401,730 times
I realize it's kind of worldly to admit it,
but I wouldn't want to forget my wife,
children, father and a few friends.

Old 03-18-2008, 03:51 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,692,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
I think we will know the people in our lives who shared in the Gospel as well as meeting all those who passed before us but as far as our individual lives, not sure but it probably won't be very important as we will be spending eternity with God.
Amen. I do believe we will know those who shared the gospel with us here on earth...
Even the one's here on the forum. That we will never meet in person. I believe we will know them! That will be so cool!!
Now TCG they will be in heaven with you.... so you will recognize them.....

Blessings

Old 03-18-2008, 04:09 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,401,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Now TCG they will be in heaven with you.... so you will recognize them.....
I hope so, I couldn't imagine Heaven without them.
(Let's just hope I get there too! )

Thanks for the comforting words Curly.

Old 03-18-2008, 04:17 PM

14,867 posts, read 17,139,286 times
Quote:
Will we have memories of our time on Earth after we die and go to our ultimate destination?
Hi, personally, I believe that we will have the memories in the end, because we will see and realize how the hand of God has been working down through time in all situations to a glorious conclusion. We will see how far He has brought us. I don't believe that we will have tears, pain, or sorrow once we realize what God has been doing all along in our lives for His glory and for the good of all. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity