Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 03:16 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,099,392 times

Advertisements

Op is a Roman Catholic, not a fundamentalist but you did do her a favor by letting her know that the CD Christianity forum is not a good place to discus Christianity with fellow Christians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 03:32 PM

383 posts, read 392,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
Op is a Roman Catholic, not a fundamentalist but you did do her a favor by letting her know that the CD Christianity forum is not a good place to discus Christianity with fellow Christians.
Really! All I did was ask a question to my Catholic friends. Geez.

Old 10-25-2017, 03:52 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
If you're referring to my previous comment, it was in direct response to Orion, not the OP.

Old 10-25-2017, 03:58 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Believing that Satan is warring against G-d is not true mono-theism...
It's not, when a person looses their soul

Last edited by pinacled; 10-25-2017 at 04:08 PM..

Old 10-25-2017, 04:08 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Because my job is to reprove and correct fundamentalists and this is where a lot of them hang out.
Right, the definition is trolling.
make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

Or harrassment.
unwelcome and inappropriate verbal or physical conduct, or coercive behavior, where the behavior is known or reasonably ought. to be known to be unwanted or welcome; and.

Yet after countless warnings the poster troutdude continues to obliquely spam the Christian subforum.

Everyone will eventually have troutdude on ignore.

Old 10-25-2017, 04:09 PM

465 posts, read 235,859 times
Posted by TroutDude:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Rules
Quote:

Then why are you in a forum discussing Christianity and its adherents every single week?

...snip...

Because my job is to reprove and correct fundamentalists and this is where a lot of them hang out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
If you're referring to my previous comment, it was in direct response to Orion, not the OP.
Sure it was ...snip...do you know what that means even to offending others on a constant basis you did not mean the OP.

You're a tyrant is all a talk show host must flatter always you're nothing else but a solitary giant of the media messed up.

I am sick of seeing what you and your other 'mentors' must write to bash Christians always that's all it ever is for a giant.

Is the media world too glamorous for you or are you just locked up with yourself only must be that dark cold basement.

Ya that's it.

The basement.

Old 10-25-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Right, the definition is trolling.
make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

Or harrassment.
unwelcome and inappropriate verbal or physical conduct, or coercive behavior, where the behavior is known or reasonably ought. to be known to be unwanted or welcome; and.

Yet after countless warnings the poster troutdude continues to obliquely spam the Christian subforum.

Everyone will eventually have troutdude on ignore.
I still love you, pin.

Despite you being you.

Old 10-25-2017, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post
Posted by TroutDude:
Sure it was ...snip...do you know what that means even to offending others on a constant basis you did not mean the OP.

You're a tyrant is all a talk show host must flatter always you're nothing else but a solitary giant of the media messed up.

I am sick of seeing what you and your other 'mentors' must write to bash Christians always that's all it ever is for a giant.

Is the media world too glamorous for you or are you just locked up with yourself only must be that dark cold basement.

Ya that's it.

The basement.

Old 10-25-2017, 04:30 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,937,291 times
I converted to Catholicism over 20 years ago. My parish does discuss exorcism.

Every Catholic has experienced at least one exorcism. For most of us, it occurs when you're about to be baptized or initiated into the Catholic Church. This was clearly explained to me and to all of my children. You realize this, right?

Here's an interesting article What Is Exorcism? U.S. Catholic Bishops Have Just Translated Prayers to Cast Out Demons Into English for the First Time

BTW, I grew up as a Fundamentalist. If you were dealing with spiritual warfare, they would you refer to a Catholic priest. The rest of my family is protestant. They will refer you to a Catholic priest, too. I found that very interesting.

Old 10-25-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
I converted to Catholicism over 20 years ago. My parish does discuss exorcism.

Every Catholic has experienced at least one exorcism. For most of us, it occurs when you're about to be baptized or initiated into the Catholic Church. This was clearly explained to me and to all of my children. You realize this, right?

Here's an interesting article What Is Exorcism? U.S. Catholic Bishops Have Just Translated Prayers to Cast Out Demons Into English for the First Time

BTW, I grew up as a Fundamentalist. If you were dealing with spiritual warfare, they would you refer to a Catholic priest. The rest of my family is protestant. They will refer you to a Catholic priest, too. I found that very interesting.
I was born Catholic and was baptized in an Eastern Rite Ukrainian Catholic church as an infant. At the same time, I was Confirmed, as is the policy in that Rite.

I was raised Roman Catholic, though often attended the Ukrainian church. I served as an altar boy for several years under several priests in an RC congregation. I also attended Catholic schools from Kindergarten through 10th grade. I was taught primarily by nuns.

I started serving as an altar boy when the Mass was still said in Latin and the priest spent most of the ceremony with his back to the congregation. I was still serving during the changeover to the English Mass in the early/mid-60s.

I'm familiar with Catholic dogma and policy, though I left Christianity behind in the late 60s.

Yes, the RC still encourages whispers about exorcism. They were losing bodies to the fundies, especially in the US of A. I can completely believe there are still some priests who will mutter about Satan and his minions.

And before you slot me as one of them thar' complete rationalists: I believe there may be either discarnate entities, some of whom have dark spirits, and/or dimensional warps through which we might occasionally rub psychic shoulders with the unexpected and unexplained.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity