Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 11:06 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times

Advertisements

I hope everyone here gives you a Rep...since, feeling a bit helpless, that is all we can do !
Anyone that doesn't get that LGBT's are just fine and normal and loved as anyone and everyone is, well...you know...um...
'slow on the uptake', let's say.
I'm not going to be a basher of 'the other side'...just know that there are plenty of people
that 'get it'.
Meaning many things...
that This Being that has created universes unseen..whose Consciousness reaches to particles on distant planets,
that feels the roots of every blade, flower and seed e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e at all times burrowing for water as it reaches to the sun for strength,
does not care a hoot what we, teeny little specks in the unimagineable vastness of all existence,
do with our private parts....but, does feel every nanosecond that our
hearts acknowledge 'Him"
, Who has no gender, and all our
expressions of kindness and care for another...and all of His little creatures.
That is what He is conscious of and is so important to Him.

( I didn't make this up..He revealed this to me in one of His stunning, earth stopping Divine Visits that I have had my whole life.
This one in 2008. Picture me stunned for days moving very slowly....kinda like being in shock.
So I don't say this lightly or from something I read.)

So, let the judgers judge...they don't 'get it', yet.

And the Holy Spirit = Comforter...

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 10-26-2017 at 11:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2017, 11:19 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Is all life really sacred?

The Spirit of life dwells within all living things.
Therefore, all living things are precious.

Old 10-26-2017, 11:34 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
C-D, FB, Twitter, in person, etc. Where it takes place is irrelevant. That it takes place at all is wrong.
No.
It is entirely relevant.
The very media you cited is rank with deception.

And if you invest more of your time with these media, and less time associating with the Lord. The enemy will lure your thoughts away from what is important.
The enemy will also try and tempt a person to take on burdens that are fruitless.
Every Word you speak is to be Life.

It takes time away sometimes to heal.
Seek first,......

Old 10-26-2017, 12:03 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

Tell it brother.....I would extend that myself to 'all things'...look
under the rock...He is there.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:05 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
No.
It is entirely relevant.
The very media you cited is rank with deception.

And if you invest more of your time with these media, and less time associating with the Lord. The enemy will lure your thoughts away from what is important.
The enemy will also try and tempt a person to take on burdens that are fruitless.
Every Word you speak is to be Life.

It takes time away sometimes to heal.
Seek first,......
Media? Yes. But, in person does become something else.

I do want to say that here at C-D, I know exactly what the OP is saying. I have seen it again and again. It was over-the-top during the "contest" as it was a sure way to bring the comments pouring in for points. I can assure the OP that those with the name-calling and other insults toward the LGBT community have no mercy for women or people of color either, not that it makes it right, but they do spread their bitterness around. I always suspect that these are people who are unhappy about themselves. I don't even think they do it in the spirit of "saving" the person from the sins they feel are being committed.

Why do they do it? "Holier than thou." When looking at narcissistic personality disorder/sociopathy, something very prevalent (I often think of it as possession by Satan), combined with Christianity or any religion for that matter, you end up with such people. I have two in my life that I am trying to rid myself of. Lest we not forget the Christians who believe because Jesus died on the cross that their sins past, present and future are automatically forgiven, thus no reason to care how they treat others.

One can have God in their head (professing the scriptures, publicly appearing at religious functions) or they can have God in their heart first and foremost. Two very different outcomes.

5 Warning Signs of a Spiritual Narcissist -Spiritual Living, Christian Faith

Old 10-26-2017, 12:11 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post

Love your enemies is circumstantial in many cases, and you can ask R.bbi1 if you like about what my family was like growing up. Though you have never heard me once speak of it or show my wounds. They were once something that ruled my tongue without me even being aware of it. Until a very kind person pointed it out with a gentle conversation.
One of those memories that now stands out above most.

And do you think you are alone in this category
This isn't just about me. It's about all LGBT people. Particularly the ones who don't speak up, and those who can't.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I hope everyone here gives you a Rep...since, feeling a bit helpless, that is all we can do !
Anyone that doesn't get that LGBT's are just fine and normal and loved as anyone and everyone is, well...you know...um...
'slow on the uptake', let's say.
I'm not going to be a basher of 'the other side'...just know that there are plenty of people
that 'get it'.
Meaning many things...
that This Being that has created universes unseen..whose Consciousness reaches to particles on distant planets,
that feels the roots of every blade, flower and seed e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e at all times burrowing for water as it reaches to the sun for strength,
does not care a hoot what we, teeny little specks in the unimagineable vastness of all existence,
do with our private parts....but, does feel every nanosecond that our
hearts acknowledge 'Him"
, Who has no gender, and all our
expressions of kindness and care for another...and all of His little creatures.
That is what He is conscious of and is so important to Him.

( I didn't make this up..He revealed this to me in one of His stunning, earth stopping Divine Visits that I have had my whole life.
This one in 2008. Picture me stunned for days moving very slowly....kinda like being in shock.
So I don't say this lightly or from something I read.)

So, let the judgers judge...they don't 'get it', yet.

And the Holy Spirit = Comforter...
You do a lot just by affirming that all life is sacred, even the lives of LGBT people. Great post, Miss Hepburn.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

I agree.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:19 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
This isn't just about me. It's about all LGBT people. Particularly the ones who don't speak up, and those who can't.
Exactly, and don't those who attempt to silence you succeed. They may have their own agendas for wanting you and the LBGT community out of sight and out of mind.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Media? Yes. But, in person does become something else.

I do want to say that here at C-D, I know exactly what the OP is saying. I have seen it again and again. It was over-the-top during the "contest" as it was a sure way to bring the comments pouring in for points. I can assure the OP that those with the name-calling and other insults toward the LGBT community have no mercy for women or people of color either, not that it makes it right, but they do spread their bitterness around. I always suspect that these are people who are unhappy about themselves. I don't even think they do it in the spirit of "saving" the person from the sins they feel are being committed.

Why do they do it? "Holier than thou." When looking at narcissistic personality disorder/sociopathy, something very prevalent (I often think of it as possession by Satan), combined with Christianity or any religion for that matter, you end up with such people. I have two in my life that I am trying to rid myself of. Lest we not forget the Christians who believe because Jesus died on the cross that their sins past, present and future are automatically forgiven, thus no reason to care how they treat others.

One can have God in their head (professing the scriptures, publicly appearing at religious functions) or they can have God in their heart first and foremost. Two very different outcomes.

5 Warning Signs of a Spiritual Narcissist -Spiritual Living, Christian Faith
That is a great post, thank you. Fantastic article too, but the link is wonky, it was for me anyway. This one works, I think.

Thank you, AW

5 Warning Signs of a Spiritual Narcissist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity