U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 02:13 PM

8,671 posts, read 3,117,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
Rather than read the actual book itself you rely on an apologists critique? Who will say anything to denounce anything that criticises the Bible & Christian doctrine? Why am I not surprised?
Apologists shrieked 'FAKE!' when the Dead Sea Scrolls were first discovered for e.g., without any study or research.
They lambasted the leading authority on the DSS, Barbara Thiering, when she released her book Jesus the Man. Her harshest critics were fellow Christians who hadn't even read her book but relied on gossip & innuendo. It's what apologists do.

You've proved nothing. At least show some integrity & read the actual book. Then get back to me.
The book has already been proven to be full of tares, which are poisonous. A cup offered to kill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2017, 02:23 PM

21,964 posts, read 16,750,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Since you've now admitted that Bushby did write that Jesus had a twin brother why are you implying that the person who critiqued the book lied by pointing out that Bushby claims that Jesus had a twin brother?

I do know about the claim that Jesus had a twin brother. One version of the claim is that it was Jesus' twin brother who was actually crucified instead of Jesus Himself.

Now what about the other claims of Bushby? Did he or did he not claim in the book that Jesus was a descendant of a Celtic king named Lud, and that Jesus became a king of Britain named Cunobelinus? And did he claim that the Roman emperor Constantine came from Jesus' line?

And again, if Bushby did make those claims in the book as the person who critiqued the book said he did, then why are you implying that the critiquer lied about it when in fact he made an accurate statement?
Quote:
Oh for goodness sake, do you expect me to copy the entire book? You apologists are just so disingenuous.

My initial reaction was correct; you're really not interested in understanding the truth.
If you wish to know how Mr Bushby arrived at his conclusions (based on in-depth research no less) then show some integrity & read the book itself. No doubt you'll prefer to wallow in astounding ignorance & just fling c*r*a*p like a monkey from the treetops.
Simply answer my question. You said you have read the book, so tell me if Bushby claims that Jesus was a descendant of a Celtic king named Lud, and that Jesus became a king of Britain named Cunobelinus? And did he claim that the Roman emperor Constantine came from Jesus' line?

Surely you can remember if Bushby made those claims. If indeed he did make those claims as the critiquer of his book said he did, then why are you implying that the critiquer lied? And if Bushby didn't make those claims, then why not simply say so?

Old 12-11-2017, 05:54 PM

14,921 posts, read 5,006,697 times
Quote:
What on earth were you smoking Hannibal? A spliff or two for medicinal/therapeutic reasons is just fine but you stay away from that meth. No good will come from it.
And no, no-one on meth knows that they're crazy. Insanity becomes the norm.

Now you just flush that crystal down the toilet where it belongs & find yourself a nice bag of weed.
Genesis 1:29 'I have given you every seed bearing plant ....... This will be yours for food."
Believe it or not, there really is a spiritual warfare where spirits do come and go, and there are people who experience the super Natural when it comes to doing what God says to do. There are great promises that God gives to the person who does what he says, and it wouldn't be believable to most people, not even people who believe in God.

But things do happen.

Old 12-11-2017, 06:06 PM

13,493 posts, read 5,026,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Everyone has the Two witnesses in them, but after I made a big sacrifice because of reading a promise of God, A spirit came to me. God gives us sure promises that if we do certain things, then he will pour oil on our head, and a spirit will come teaching IF we do what God asks. I was in my garage smoking, and with incense. From the smoke, tiny little snakes came slithering up and they all formed one big snake about a foot and a half long and it was floating right in front of my face breathing in and out, and it was smiling at me. That night I had dreamed of a snake coming out of a fireplace after my mother and I lurched toward the snake trying to catch it, but I was asleep and I had stood up on my bed and my cover was still on me, and I was still dreaming and ,my covering became a piece of plastic, and then I fell and injured my thigh and was limping for days, and everyone asked me how I got hurt so I told them the dream. I got on the computer and I hit my 7000th post and something really weird happened. My son came bursting through the door wanting to know what was happening to him, and while he was here, my daughter called and asked what was happening to her and her mother. They had all had the same dream about how I died but didn't die. Then my mother called and said that she and my step father had the exact same dream. That a snake had killed me but I was not dead. 3 days later, I stepped on a piece of plastic and a snake was in that plastic and it bit the heel of my foot. After that, I was no longer alone as if that snake had injected a spirit inside me. After that everything went crazy and you wouldn't believe what I would tell you, my own family would not have believed it unless they had had those dreams. That's why I say, that when Joel speaks of old men having visions and young men having dreams, it isn't the one who is changing, it is the people everywhere around that person having dreams so that the person doesn't think he is insane. Spirits coming to speak to you, and seeing visions and miracles are too much for the human psyche. If spirits come and go through a person and they see visions and miracles, they just assume they are crazy, I would have known for sure that I was crazy, but my whole family was involved, and although they didn't really believe in my religion, they knew I had not went insane or all of us had went insane.
well, I don't do the christian god thing. i do do the biosphere is life and it will keep itself alive as long as it can. like any life form.

I am a witness to this living planet. I think our connections to it are real enough and thats what you guys are not understanding. but in the same vein, i do not have to run and hide like a little child behind deny everything, shun any data, or minimize any observation that might show parts of a religion to be correct or a flawed belief base atheism religion..

Old 12-11-2017, 06:10 PM

13,493 posts, read 5,026,584 times
Quote:
Believe it or not, there really is a spiritual warfare where spirits do come and go, and there are people who experience the super Natural when it comes to doing what God says to do. There are great promises that God gives to the person who does what he says, and it wouldn't be believable to most people, not even people who believe in God.

But things do happen.
you are actually 1/2 right. Energy is work (fxd work). and the universe is working. we come and we go and are recorded in the future workings, or evolution if you will, of the universe. Some people can't grasp what that means.

so the literal theist chucks it excrement at literal atheists and the rest of us are, well, left with the splashings on us.

Old 12-11-2017, 06:40 PM

420 posts, read 406,054 times
Quote:
That spirit came and taught me things, things that will make international news if I was interested.
Maybe you're the next teacher son of god.

Old 12-11-2017, 07:19 PM

Quote:
"A certain entity" threatened your life? So you're hearing voices then? Why does that not surprise me?

You mock those who've suffered childhood abuse. A poster informed me in a PM that you mocked her child because she was afflicted with a mental disease.
People like you are the very types who'll defend & protect the very worst of behaviour as long as the perpetrator claims to believe in Jesus.
It's because of immoral attitudes like yours that has allowed abuse to flourish in church congregations.
If you had any integrity what-so-ever you'd be ashamed.

I've got nothing polite to say to you, you horrible little man.

P.S. The 'voices' that are threatening you are just a reflection of your unwell psyche. Take your pills & they'll go away.

That's gossip and slander right Hand of falsness.
Affliction is the only thing you've offered since posting here.

You must seriously seek help. Or wander off a cliff, you're choice.
Though I do imagine that the fat of swine would make for an accelerant to fuel that feild your in.

Old 12-11-2017, 07:50 PM

6,390 posts, read 2,141,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
That's gossip and slander right Hand of falsness.
Affliction is the only thing you've offered since posting here.

You must seriously seek help. Or wander off a cliff, you're choice.
Though I do imagine that the fat of swine would make for an accelerant to fuel that feild your in.
mmmm bacon

Old 12-12-2017, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
mmmm bacon
Assyria,
The woman who met our Lord at the well?

Obscurities hidden till the Lord writes a letter.

What do you know of foxes. What quality do you find attributed to such.

Old 12-12-2017, 08:47 AM

4,697 posts, read 1,228,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Assyria,
The woman who met our Lord at the well?

Obscurities hidden till the Lord writes a letter.

What do you know of foxes. What quality do you find attributed to such.
darlin don' t let them Get you down or upset.
like Pharoah they are choosing in their own heart the curses, thus by giving a cursing they pronounce their own end. . and we are nearly as helpless to stop them as the Hebrews were to stop Pharoah from making his own curse, to his own end.
that is why the Lord commands that we bless and do not curse.. man it is so hard to remember. but Christians just need to remember it in the coming days. it is so easy to forget because all of society is making it's own curses to end itself ..

let them argue with their own toes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity