Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 11:31 AM

23,013 posts, read 34,374,307 times

Advertisements

I found this today in my Bible and want to share it with all of you. It was written by Charles Stanley.

Because He is risen
When I wake up in the morning, I awake in the presence of Jesus, knowing that He will walk with me every step of the way.

Because He is risen
I know that what ever I need, my Lord and Savior will provide. Whatever hurt I have, He is there to help me through it. And while I may be lonely, I will never ever be alone.

I am wishing everyone a wonderful, blessed Resurrection Day!!! Praise God He is risen!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 11:35 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,788,109 times
Thanks, ILNC. I know that I am not supposed to be on yet, but I had just signed on to look up resurrection verses and had to peek. I only opened your thread...it seemed too coincidental.

May you all be blessed during the Holy Week.

<><weather

Old 03-20-2008, 11:40 AM

23,013 posts, read 34,374,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
Thanks, ILNC. I know that I am not supposed to be on yet, but I had just signed on to look up resurrection verses and had to peek. I only opened your thread...it seemed too coincidental.

May you all be blessed during the Holy Week.

<><weather
Not coincidental Be sure you read Matt 28:6 "He isn't here, He has been raised from the dead, just as He said would happen. Come, see where His body was lying".

Old 03-20-2008, 11:52 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,884,908 times
Default Serving a Risen King

The Sacrifice.....
Who has believed our message
and to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?

He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
and like a root out of dry ground.
He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.

He was despised and rejected by men,
a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering.
Like one from whom men hide their faces
he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Surely he took up our infirmities
and carried our sorrows,
yet we considered him stricken by God,
smitten by him, and afflicted.

But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.

We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to his own way;
and the LORD has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

He was oppressed and afflicted,
yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
and as a sheep before her shearers is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.

By oppression and judgment he was taken away.
And who can speak of his descendants?
For he was cut off from the land of the living;
for the transgression of my people he was stricken.

He was assigned a grave with the wicked,
and with the rich in his death,
though he had done no violence,
nor was any deceit in his mouth.

Yet it was the LORD's will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
and though the LORD makes [c] his life a guilt offering,
he will see his offspring and prolong his days,
and the will of the LORD will prosper in his hand.

After the suffering of his soul,
he will see the light of life and be satisfied ;
by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many,
and he will bear their iniquities.

Therefore I will give him a portion among the great,
and he will divide the spoils with the strong,
because he poured out his life unto death,
and was numbered with the transgressors.
For he bore the sin of many,
and made intercession for the transgressors. Isaiah 53
The victory!
On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, "Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: 'The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.' " Then they remembered his words. Luke 24:1-8
As we celebrate our Risen King, may we all "remember His words".

Great thread ILNC!

Every time
I hear this and am 'in tune' with the Master, I can't help but weep.

YouTube - By His Wounds

Hope every one has a blessed Easter Weekend.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:53 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,788,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Not coincidental Be sure you read Matt 28:6 "He isn't here, He has been raised from the dead, just as He said would happen. Come, see where His body was lying".

Thanks. I have 8 (now 9) and need 10. I am making placemats for Easter Sunday's dinner and thought that it would placse a different verse on each one. I think that I will use John 3:16 for the kids, but there are 10 adults. Thinking about having them read them while we are eating. Thought it would open up discussion.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:01 PM

599 posts, read 1,260,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
Thanks. I have 8 (now 9) and need 10. I am making placemats for Easter Sunday's dinner and thought that it would placse a different verse on each one. I think that I will use John 3:16 for the kids, but there are 10 adults. Thinking about having them read them while we are eating. Thought it would open up discussion.
Cool idea Weather...may have to think about doing that for next year!

Old 03-20-2008, 02:05 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times
Quote:
I found this today in my Bible and want to share it with all of you. It was written by Charles Stanley.

Because He is risen
When I wake up in the morning, I awake in the presence of Jesus, knowing that He will walk with me every step of the way.

Because He is risen
I know that what ever I need, my Lord and Savior will provide. Whatever hurt I have, He is there to help me through it. And while I may be lonely, I will never ever be alone.

I am wishing everyone a wonderful, blessed Resurrection Day!!! Praise God He is risen!!!!!!!!!
How true and how great thou art!

Old 03-20-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:

Because He is risen

Because He is risen

Amen and amen!

Old 03-20-2008, 02:19 PM

Thank you for posting that passage of scripture Alpha. Isaiah 53 is my absolute favorite chapter of the Bible.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:36 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,694,526 times
Amen to all the above!
Matt. 28:5-6
But the angel answered and said to the women, "Do no be afraid, for I know you seek Jesus who was crucified. He is not here; for He is risen, as He said.

Let us celebrate Easter everyday of our lives!!

Blessings

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 03-21-2008 at 08:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity