U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 05:51 PM

416 posts, read 104,731 times

Advertisements

Revelation 21:10-27 describes the new Jerusalem. There is some similarity in Ezekiel chapter 48. Can you illustrate how the new city looks like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2017, 07:01 PM

3,733 posts, read 880,731 times
besides what is clear in scripture...
I have only seen a dream nearly 20 years ago, and I can't prove it was REALLY a place there or a concept that is there..

I eventually saw..... a giant round apartment made of gorgeous stones, glass or 4+ inches think of some clear stones.... it was a house inside and all of one level.. of a pillar there was no walls on the outside just rooms open to the sky.. ... Out from the ends it overlooked another giant-sized pillar, miles away... and miles and miles of open sky in that same direction .... I did not see toward "Inside " or a top of the other pillar or the bottom of that pillar either. it was so large but I had no references to judge how far or how big the pillar was.. the pillar I was in or the part I was in was at least maybe 25-50 yards long in the Hallway area that opened up to view the other large pillar which could be seen from the Hallway. the pillar so far away and so large you could not see if there were any rooms/ apartments in that pillar also.. I do not know .
but my apartment/house which was massive the walls maybe 2 to 3 ft and some walls 4 thick of stones.
that looked like some kind of gems.. only way-way bigger and shinier than this picture I posted below.. ..... but the water reminds me of the glass/ stone floors.. and then you have to polish all the walls really shiney and thick with a clear glass like layer... and make it sa flat wall and not rounded walls or ceilings ..
but this was as close a thing that I could possibly describe something to be like it . and it is just a hint of the many color and depth of water is kind of like the glass floor and such.. this is the only picture I have ever seen that kind of reminded me of what I saw.
Attached Thumbnails
The New Jerusalem-marble-caves-general-carrera-lake-chile  

Old 12-23-2017, 07:21 AM

It took me 25 years before I can say that I got the New Jerusalem now perfect. When I thought of the planned city in 1992, I said it will be like this. First, it was a design for a planned city. Later, as I read though the New Jerusalem in Revelation chapter 21 and Ezekiel chapter 48, it became a pattern for the Aristean Planned City.

Old 12-23-2017, 09:51 AM

917 posts, read 699,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
It took me 25 years before I can say that I got the New Jerusalem now perfect. When I thought of the planned city in 1992, I said it will be like this. First, it was a design for a planned city. Later, as I read though the New Jerusalem in Revelation chapter 21 and Ezekiel chapter 48, it became a pattern for the Aristean Planned City.
What exactly is the Aristean city?

Old 12-23-2017, 09:53 AM

4,613 posts, read 1,138,350 times
Quote:
Revelation 21:10-27 describes the new Jerusalem. There is some similarity in Ezekiel chapter 48. Can you illustrate how the new city looks like?
It's big.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:00 AM

4,967 posts, read 1,207,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
It's big.
Isnt it 1400 miles by 1400 miles square? Or maybe its cubits Im thinking of??

I may be mistaken, but this section describes what the new city will look like after Jesus has returned and established himself and the new city, havent read it in awhile but I recall some strange things about it, like there still being other cities with people in it, but they will not be able to enter the new city, except for one time every year, and no oceans or seas will exist anymore.

Not sure if Im thinking of the same thing?

Old 12-24-2017, 02:57 PM

12,304 posts, read 3,916,009 times
Quote:
It is described as a covering Cherub. The same beautiful precious stones that covered Adam and Eve and was the most beautiful creature, it is now shown resurrected and beautiful again after it's fall in the garden.

Old 12-25-2017, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
What exactly is the Aristean city?
The Aristean city is a planned city having at least 25,000 residents. There is option for a family to live in a commune or not. I learned in Saudi Arabia where I worked in a construction site that there are groups that buy the food we eat, that cook the food, that serve the food, that wash the dishes, that collect the dirty clothes, that make the bed, that man the recreation hall, etc. I was assigned to work in the office, and what I do is just work and work.

In a city, there are government offices, a medical center, a university, an entertainment center, a sports center, etc. The New Jerusalem has at least about 6,000 residents.

Last edited by peacecrusader888; 12-25-2017 at 03:53 AM..

Old 12-25-2017, 06:43 PM

4,445 posts, read 2,185,406 times
New Jerusalem or Jerusalem above ( Galatians 4:26 ) is now the heavenly seat of government.
It has both kings and priests governing with Jesus.- Revelation 5:9-10.
As 'kings' they take care of governmental responsibilities for the humble meek people who inherit the Earth as Jesus promised.
As 'priests' they take care of spiritual duties toward the humble meek people living on Earth starting with Jesus' coming 1,000-year rule over Earth when Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among person's of goodwill.

Old 12-25-2017, 06:56 PM

12,304 posts, read 3,916,009 times
Why on Earth would somebody think that the city of Revelation coming down from heaven is an actual city?

It is not speaking of a city.

And the woman you saw is the great city

1And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

We are the temple, each of us. That temple is an ever expending temple that becomes a city, and that city is a bride.

If somebody is going to describe the New Jerusalem, they should be describing a woman, JUST AS the Temple on earth is designed out of human anatomy.

The city coming down is an immortal. We tabernacle in this tent as wanderers who wait upon a heavenly city, a heavenly body that does not wear out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity