U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 11:27 AM

19,989 posts, read 21,958,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
If you are poor, and go into debt to purchase healthcare is that a sin?

If you are poor, and accumulate debt to keep a roof over your head, is that a sin?

If you are indebted to another after they did you a kindness, and you do not act in kind is that a sin?
Are we all 97% sin and 3% temptation?

Old 01-05-2018, 11:34 AM

6,515 posts, read 2,921,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Are we all 97% sin and 3% temptation?
No. As far as sin goes, one can only speak for themselves unless something effects others negatively. Then it becomes something the community and laws must address.
It is fundamentalist ideologues place their own lack of control onto others.

What tempts you? Is temptation wrong? What is temptation? I am giving this some thought.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:35 AM

19,989 posts, read 21,958,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Who cares what a man says it is what scripture tells us. Being in debt is not a sin unless you ... do not pay the debt.

Jesus also said we will always have the poor, so it is also not a sin to be poor. Just ask the Christians who obeyed Jesus and fled Jerusalem in 66AD never to return. They left everything behind they could not carry, so they were ... poor when they got to the mountains.
BAM! My friend had a nasty accident last month. CRITICAL and LIFE THREATENING...He cannot pay the hospital bill, he knew this going in..yet he agrees to pay the bill otherwise the hospital may refuse treatment.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how big a sin was this?

First he lies and agrees to pay the bill, then he will refuse to pay the debt.

Will he get a few years in purgatory? Or is he now and forever banned from heaven and the chance to lord over 1000 cites with Christ..

“And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations.” (Revelation 2:26)

3. Here is another good verse that basically says the same thing about he who overcomes in this life for Jesus:

“To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.” (Revelation 3:21)

4. This next verse specifically tells us that the saints who are martyred during the Tribulation will also be coming back down to rule with Jesus. This verse also tells us that this era will last for 1000 years. This is how you know that the Millennium Kingdom will be lasting for a 1000 years.

“And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshipped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.” (Revelation 20:4-6)

Had he chosen to die in the emergency room, would that had been his first death?

He is terrified he will not get to rule over the 1000 cities and is praying feverishly to Mary that his medical debt(s) be overlooked, aka FORGIVEN...

Old 01-05-2018, 11:39 AM

15,198 posts, read 8,409,138 times
Quote:
No. As far as sin goes, one can only speak for themselves unless something effects others negatively. Then it becomes something the community and laws must address.
It is fundamentalist ideologues place their own lack of control onto others.

What tempts you? Is temptation wrong? What is temptation? I am giving this some thought.
Sin from a Biblical prospective are those things clearly identified as a sin that could keep you out of the Kingdom. Below is a partial list given.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Others acts may be against the Gov't's laws, but unless a sin in Scripture as above, the Gov't punishes you not God. While we are told to be obedient to the superior authorities (Rom 13:1) that chapter also speaks of he Gov't as the one who punishes for such infractions. Infractions not sins.

As to "Fundamentalists", that term gets used too broadly here and many times just to denigrate any belief.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:55 AM

15,198 posts, read 8,409,138 times
Quote:
BAM! My friend had a nasty accident last month. CRITICAL and LIFE THREATENING...He cannot pay the hospital bill, he knew this going in..yet he agrees to pay the bill otherwise the hospital may refuse treatment.

Will he get a few years in purgatory? Or is he now and forever banned from heaven and the chance to lord over 1000 cites with Christ..

“And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations.” (Revelation 2:26)

3. Here is another good verse that basically says the same thing about he who overcomes in this life for Jesus:

“To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.” (Revelation 3:21)

4. This next verse specifically tells us that the saints who are martyred during the Tribulation will also be coming back down to rule with Jesus. This verse also tells us that this era will last for 1000 years. This is how you know that the Millennium Kingdom will be lasting for a 1000 years.

“And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshipped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.” (Revelation 20:4-6)

Had he chosen to die in the emergency room, would that had been his first death?

He is terrified he will not get to rule over the 1000 cities and is praying feverishly to Mary that his medical debt(s) be overlooked, aka FORGIVEN...
First it is between him and God, not you or I.

Next debt is not a sin. Death right now is the "first" death, that due to Adam's sin. The death in the symbolic "Lake of Fire" is a second type of death from which no resurrection occurs, they are gone for good. He would be available for resurrection.

Old 01-05-2018, 12:10 PM

14,506 posts, read 7,820,753 times
Quote:

Did your friend have insurance?

Old 01-05-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Sin from a Biblical prospective are those things clearly identified as a sin that could keep you out of the Kingdom. Below is a partial list given.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Others acts may be against the Gov't's laws, but unless a sin in Scripture as above, the Gov't punishes you not God. While we are told to be obedient to the superior authorities (Rom 13:1) that chapter also speaks of he Gov't as the one who punishes for such infractions. Infractions not sins.

As to "Fundamentalists", that term gets used too broadly here and many times just to denigrate any belief.
Why I do declare. Killing is a sin, yes? Or would that be a mere infraction? Dear me that whole ten commandment thing is a puzzle.

That would make it against the law of God and community law. None of those examples are specified as sin. One will not inherit.

Fundamentalist ideology and ideologue is not used often enough.

Old 01-05-2018, 12:19 PM

11,286 posts, read 3,657,095 times
O Lord, I must be the biggest sinner, I have been paying my x-wife 500 bucks a month for 30 straight years, and if I should live to be 500 years old, I will owe my x-wife over a billion dollars. But then that is how it goes with women.

Old 01-05-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
O Lord, I must be the biggest sinner, I have been paying my x-wife 500 bucks a month for 30 straight years, and if I should live to be 500 years old, I will owe my x-wife over a billion dollars. But then that is how it goes with women.
Are you doing this for a legal obligation, or just because you are a nice guy?

What does this have to do with women?

Old 01-05-2018, 12:37 PM

11,286 posts, read 3,657,095 times
Quote:
Are you doing this for a legal obligation, or just because you are a nice guy?

What does this have to do with women?
Here in Fort Bend County Texas, if you are a man, you have no rights when it comes to divorce, and the way they used to set it up, you get screwed. The woman can get away with devastating a man for no good reason. I hadn't missed a payment in 25 years when my wife put my in prison for 6 months just because she could.

I mean, if we are discussing debt, I can never get out of debt, and it is set up that way. My son owns 3 gyms and is about to buy a 4th, my daughter is so wealthy that it is shameful and my kids never see any of the money I give each months, and I don't owe anything, the state says I do. I had all the proof in the world to prove that I don't owe, but the system is set up so that the man can never fully pay. They don't want men to stop paying child support, they take the money and sit on it for a month drawing so much interest that it would make the mind boggle. If they can put a father in jail, that is what they want to do, they get 350 bucks a day for me being in jail, and then they don't feed you anything so they make a bundle on the food you buy like soup they get for a nickel and sell for a buck 50. I have met few women who were not deceitful, lying women who would bear false witness against a man just out of amusement. I have been brought into court to prove my innocence against lies from women that I didn't even know. Of all the crimes I wouldn't commit, bearing false witness in court is at the top of that list, I don't know how a woman can be so brave as to bear false witness in court, I feel sorry for them, they aren't even real, they just think they are alive when they have never been alive to begin with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or