Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 10:02 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Why would those who are effeminate be included in this list?

That doesnt seem like something they could change about themselves, most effeminate people I have known, thats just the way they are.
It's of the flesh, and works of the flesh are not accepted by God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2018, 10:04 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,777,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Who? I don't see any Christians dismissing it. Maybe they don't see it the way you do but that doesn't equal dismissing.
I’ve been told on this forum that some parts of the Bible are merely the words of men and not from God, as the writer claims. One poster in particular believes the first part of John 3:16 (Jesus speaking), but not the last.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:21 AM

15,849 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I’ve been told on this forum that some parts of the Bible are merely the words of men and not from God, as the writer claims. One poster in particular believes the first part of John 3:16 (Jesus speaking), but not the last.
Then they're not dismissing the Bible then. It looks to me like you dismiss the last part of John 3:16...

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

...whoever believes in Him. Yet you say other people who believe in Him are not even Christian and then go on to talk about the rules. If you really are all that into that scripture shouldn't it be a full stop after believing?

Old 01-12-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Then they're not dismissing the Bible then. It looks to me like you dismiss the last part of John 3:16...

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

...whoever believes in Him. Yet you say other people who believe in Him are not even Christian and then go on to talk about the rules. If you really are all that into that scripture shouldn't it be a full stop after believing?
I did NOT say that. I referred to them as Christians. Go back and look. And yes, many Christians here dismiss large chunks of the Bible. The OT is a prime example. Paul’s letters also. Even Peter, who walked with Jesus.

Old 01-12-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
I did NOT say that. I referred to them as Christians. Go back and look. And yes, many Christians here dismiss large chunks of the Bible. The OT is a prime example. Paul’s letters also. Even Peter, who walked with Jesus.
Oops! sorry Jimmy. Maybe I was thinking of BF. OK so you meant to say that those Christians dismiss large chunks of the Bible not the Bible. OK but as long as they believe what difference does it make as per John 3:16 unless you are dismissing the last part of it?

Old 01-12-2018, 11:45 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Oops! sorry Jimmy. Maybe I was thinking of BF. OK so you meant to say that those Christians dismiss large chunks of the Bible not the Bible. OK but as long as they believe what difference does it make as per John 3:16 unless you are dismissing the last part of it?
I just walked into this....what do you believe I dismissed?

Old 01-12-2018, 11:46 AM

Quote:
See post #15. That’s what I was referring to. The scripture carries little weight with some Christians here.

Old 01-12-2018, 11:47 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Sounds just a wee bit self-righteous huh?

Personally, I will take FORGIVENESS and GRACE over RIGHTEOUSNESS everyday of the month.
If I were the source of the righteousness, your statement would make sense. But I'm not. Nothing I do makes me righteous, I do not make myself righteous. It is ONLY Jesus that makes people righteous.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I just walked into this....what do you believe I dismissed?
I'm not sure myself BF. I think we are talking about belief in Jesus is all that is necessary. I thought Jimmy(like you) was one of those that stressed that right belief in Jesus was actually the condition of the unconditional gift.

Edit: for no other reason than we haven't done any music lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AULOC--qUOI

Old 01-12-2018, 03:53 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, Holy Scripture is dismissed by several Christians here.
Wrong, Jimmie. Your determination of what is scripture inspired by God according to Jesus is what is dismissed because you do not test it against the Holy Spirit as described in detail and demonstrated by Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity