Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 08:04 PM

32,530 posts, read 21,856,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
The blood is the ransom. One must have a blood transfusion so His blood is your own.
Sorry, that is not what the verse says...Also, in Torah it states that no one may die for another’s sin, that each man shall die for his own sins...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2018, 08:17 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,052,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The point is to become like Christ.
Not at ALL !!
If I am GUARANTEED a place in heaven because I believe Jesus has already died for my sins and I am now saved, then that's it !! It's over !!

What differnce does it make if I become like Christ or Hitler for the rest of my life? I should finish my life and go straight to paradise, no?

Old 01-15-2018, 08:27 PM

22,848 posts, read 10,246,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
Jesus most definitely didn't lie, because he knew if everyone had love for each other. then it would cover the Laws of Jehovah God's 10 Commandments.

The entire law comes down to mercy, all the law and the prophets come down to loving God and your neighbor, not just the ten commandments, most Christians don't even keep the ten commandments. God's Sabbath is not followed by many.

Old 01-15-2018, 08:51 PM

20,389 posts, read 12,664,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Not at ALL !!
If I am GUARANTEED a place in heaven because I believe Jesus has already died for my sins and I am now saved, then that's it !! It's over !!

What differnce does it make if I become like Christ or Hitler for the rest of my life? I should finish my life and go straight to paradise, no?
No, that’s just the beginning.

John 10:10

“I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” -Jesus

There is a process after salvation called sanctfication, a lifelong process of becoming like Christ, before we spend eternity with Him.

You are really confused about Christianity.

https://www.gotquestions.org/sanctification.html

Old 01-15-2018, 09:28 PM

3,220 posts, read 908,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Sorry, that is not what the verse says...Also, in Torah it states that no one may die for another’s sin, that each man shall die for his own sins...
Well, that is what would happen.

I really do agree with that line of thinking. You just don't understand what the flesh and blood is. The ransom is from God and given to those who serve Him in spirit and in truth.

Old 01-16-2018, 12:02 AM

63,455 posts, read 39,713,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
No, that’s just the beginning.
John 10:10
“I am come that they might have life and that they might have it more abundantly.” -Jesus
There is a process after salvation called sanctification, a lifelong process of becoming like Christ before we spend eternity with Him.
You are really confused about Christianity.
The ONLY process we need to concern ourselves with is sanctification, Jimmie. Our salvation was accomplished by Jesus. We accomplish our sanctification by following His instructions to His disciples to love God and each other every day and repent when we don't. Everything else in Christian dogma is confusion from the "precepts and doctrines of men."

Old 01-16-2018, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Well, that is what would happen.

I really do agree with that line of thinking. You just don't understand what the flesh and blood is. The ransom is from God and given to those who serve Him in spirit and in truth.
Ok, so who is G-d ransoming people from?...

Old 01-16-2018, 01:25 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,761,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Ok, so who is G-d ransoming people from?...
ransoming then from oppressors.
purity of blood?

https://www.biblestudytools.com/dict.../propitiation/
Kapporeth.
17And you shall make an ark cover of pure gold, two and a half cubits its length and a cubit and a half its width. יזוְעָשִׂ֥יתָ כַפֹּ֖רֶת זָהָ֣ב טָה֑וֹר אַמָּתַ֤יִם וָחֵ֨צִי֙ אָרְכָּ֔הּ וְאַמָּ֥ה וָחֵ֖צִי רָחְבָּֽהּ:

Last edited by pinacled; 01-16-2018 at 01:37 AM..

Old 01-16-2018, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
ransoming then from oppressors.
purity of blood?

https://www.biblestudytools.com/dict.../propitiation/
Kapporeth.
17And you shall make an ark cover of pure gold, two and a half cubits its length and a cubit and a half its width. יזוְעָשִׂ֥יתָ כַפֹּ֖רֶת זָהָ֣ב טָה֑וֹר אַמָּתַ֤יִם וָחֵ֨צִי֙ אָרְכָּ֔הּ וְאַמָּ֥ה וָחֵ֖צִי רָחְבָּֽהּ:
What does this verse have to do with it?...

Old 01-16-2018, 08:08 AM

20,389 posts, read 12,664,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The ONLY process we need to concern ourselves with is sanctification, Jimmie. Our salvation was accomplished by Jesus. We accomplish our sanctification by following His instructions to His disciples to love God and each other every day and repent when we don't. Everything else in Christian dogma is confusion from the "precepts and doctrines of men."
As Christians, yes. The unsaved must first believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity