Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 10:47 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Everyone needs the Law (or law).

All have sinned... Rom. 3:23
"9We realize that law is not enacted for the righteous, but for the lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinful, for the unholy and profane, for killers of father or mother, for murderers" 1 Tim 1:10
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2018, 08:21 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Not quite.

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished” (Matthew 5:17-18).
FULFILL----

ful·fill
fo͝olˈfil/Submit
verb
bring to completion or reality; achieve or realize (something desired, promised, or predicted).
"he wouldn't be able to fulfill his ambition to visit Naples"
synonyms: achieve, attain, realize, actualize, make happen, succeed in, bring to completion, bring to fruition, satisfy
"he fulfilled his ambition to travel the world"

As in the words of Christ--

When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

FINISHED, there is NOTHING to follow....

Old 01-16-2018, 09:41 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
FULFILL----

ful·fill
fo͝olˈfil/Submit
verb
bring to completion or reality; achieve or realize (something desired, promised, or predicted).
synonyms: achieve, attain, realize, actualize, make happen, succeed in, bring to completion, bring to fruition, satisfy

When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

so all men stopped sinning that day ? or do we still have sinners and victims of those sinners who have to be brought to his healing blood and to life with his spirit..? to set the captives free and bind up the broken hearted to proclaim liberty to those in prison .. ?

you only see the sinner and now I guess I will be accused of only see the victims and what his death does for the victims of sinners. But I believe that victims become the victimizers if their heart is not healed by his spirit . So in order to stop sinners, we must pray for and support thus healing the victims of sinners who were preying on them, and do that first before the victim become the victimizer!!

the goal being that they learn to love past the pain and past the healing .. then can raise good healthy families able to give not take , love and forgive just better than they were raised. because Knowing first hand The Lords healing and His life and his spirit and His voice in their inner person as their example and " perfecter of faith" ,> thus able to disciple their own children and families to mental health and not with the victimized mentality that would victimize others. well that is the goal anyway.
No the law and sinners and their victims did not stop that day. they go on until the Father comes..

Jesus made a way to the Father and the spirit who loves the victims and who's huge concern was with them and always had been ..
..Luk 4:17

And the [fn]book of the prophet Isaiah was handed to Him. And He opened the [fn]book and found the place where it was written,

Luk 4:18

“THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON ME,
BECAUSE HE ANOINTED ME TO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO THE POOR.
HE HAS SENT ME TO PROCLAIM RELEASE TO THE CAPTIVES,
AND RECOVERY OF SIGHT TO THE BLIND,
TO SET FREE THOSE WHO ARE OPPRESSED,

Luk 4:19

TO PROCLAIM THE FAVORABLE YEAR OF THE LORD.”

4:20

And He closed the [fn]book, gave it back to the attendant and sat down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on Him.

Luk 4:21

And He began to say to them, “Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your [fn]hearing.” that is why Jesus speaks of kingdom's fruits in terms of who is healed and who is set free and who is restored. Because that IS the Fathers KINGDOM

that is finished .. there is healing in is wings for all . and he established the higher laws of Love which can/could by that faith .. overcome the laws of death for those seeking to be his faithful... as he was faithful

Heb 12:2

[fn]fixing our eyes on Jesus, the [fn]author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
the first of many brothers!

so you got a glitch in getting up.. sinners did not end that day and the law did not end that day.. .. but the way/ the path for all equally for all willing to approach it in faith.. The Path to the Father's healing, his kingdom and it's restoration to this word started that day.

Old 01-16-2018, 10:15 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
FULFILL----

ful·fill
fo͝olˈfil/Submit
verb

Agreed, but you said there is no longer the Law. Jesus said otherwise. The Law still exists, for those not under grace.

Old 01-16-2018, 10:16 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
"9We realize that law is not enacted for the righteous, but for the lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinful, for the unholy and profane, for killers of father or mother, for murderers" 1 Tim 1:10
Absolutely, but who is righteous?

Old 01-16-2018, 10:43 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
what is the purpose of civil law?
To keep the order.

Old 01-16-2018, 11:46 AM

oops got to correct this one.. " and it's restoration to this word started that day" should be WORLD
sorry

Old 01-16-2018, 03:06 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
People who realize the intent of law as enforcing civil behavior and don't need it because it matches THEIR intent and commitment. Concern for the well-being of everyone in any situation is far better than any rules that are not able to do anything but control actions.

Old 01-16-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
as our example this is what he said.

Jhn 5:30

“I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.

The Father's will is probably a great goal, and that is who his judgement was righteous.. because he was doing the Father's will. and only doing what he saw the father doing right?
I think he is our example. seems simple but no very easy to do .

Old 01-16-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
to do anything but control actions.
in a sinful world why is controlling actions a bad thing? that is how you prevent victims of crimes is to enforce laws. not just make them .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity