Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 11:31 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,052,927 times

Advertisements

my yard needs mowed too. I can be fined if it gets too long. Arent you concerned?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2018, 04:51 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
my yard needs mowed too. I can be fined if it gets too long. Arent you concerned?
yes i am..i m concerned you are living under a fascist regime bent on oppressing and controlling the people.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:24 AM

23,149 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Again, what Moses brought down the first time was the ten commandments without a temple design or an ark of the covenant and this changed things where a new law was brought down because they made their choice. God's plan was con marry them, consummate a marriage where they would have all given forth to fill grown priests of God. But since they chose other lovers, God gave then the only law they could raise a righteous child under this lower law.

Israel would have all become pregnant with the seed of God and their bodies would have given forth full grown men until God caught them in adultery, and now the secrets of the law has been hidden.

What Moess came down with the first time doesn't look anything like the law we have today, it was a law of freedom and immortality, where as now, you have to till and work yourself.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:43 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Ok, you misunderstand the Hebrew bible...Which has been edited to conform to the NT...

I'm not jewish, but that's not a problem because there's an ex rabbinical student who found the Lord and grace who enlightens through his teaching. I'm convinced those born in USA can never fully understand the Jewish mindset, it's like peeling the onion there's always another layer.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:53 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,623 times
So sad that millions still think the law is easily kept and they have that heavy yoke to bear daily. Break ONE law and you've broken ALL of it and will never see heaven on your own. Humans can't keep it and Jesus (the author of the law) designed it to drive you TO HIM for salvation. It has been twisted into the mess of law and grace we see today, which is unworkable.

No one can be set free truly until they realize they can be set free by the cross of Christ and the grace he has provided through the Apostle to the gentiles, Paul.

The law reveals sin but cannot fix it. (Romans 3:20)

If the law worked then faith would be irrelevant. (Romans 4:14)

The law brings wrath upon those who follow it. (Romans 4:15)

The purpose of the law was to increase sin. (Romans 5:20)

Christians are not under the law. (Romans 6:14)

Christians have been delivered from the law. (Romans 7:1-6)

The law is good, perfect and holy but cannot help you be good, perfect or holy. (Romans 7:7-12)

The law which promises life only brings death through sin. (Romans 7:10)

The law makes you sinful beyond measure. (Romans 7:13)

The law is weak. (Romans 8:2-3)

Old 01-18-2018, 09:10 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
I am concerned about your attitude. My initial reaction stands.

Old 01-18-2018, 11:33 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I am concerned about your attitude. My initial reaction stands.
And then I see this:
Quote:
A moral person is a person that understands that the universe does not revolve around their ego.
A civilized society is a society whose laws do not revolve around any one person or group of people.
The more a society treats everyone as equals the more civilized it is.

the laws mlk and rosa parks broke were not very civilized
Can you actually apply this here or did you just copy and paste from someone else?

Old 01-18-2018, 03:12 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
So sad that millions still think the law is easily kept
so it is not easy for you" to not kill" ? or not covet? or commit adultery?

because these are sins unto death and they will kill you.. it is not difficult to understand..
and it is not thou shalt not Lie..

it is thou will not bear false witness like a court that causes someone to get capital punishment. so it is hard for you to not lie in a court of law?

it isn't 'about little white " lies",

it is about killing someone with bribery and lies about witnessing them doing something they didn't do like they did with Jesus and made up things he did that he didn't do in order to kill him.
these are hard for you to not do?

it is too difficult for you to love your neighbor as yourself ( thus treat them like you wish to be treated? ) and hard to Love God?
thinking of adultery may make you guilty of it , it isn't unto death unless you do it! you can still pray for you minds sins. and not reap for seeds of death sown. unless you linger 24/7 then eventually you will commit adultery. the committing is the sins unto death.

dang.. someone, it seems with all these militant anti-theist around has lost common sense and left it someplace around here on the floor and everyone is now stepping all over it.
dang..
so Is it hard for a Christian to not murder really? is that really that difficult for all of you?

we are not subject to any other laws of the Jews made up of men or given to them for their cultural sins.
we all are still subject to those ten.
that is not that hard to not do.
and those reduced to the two..because it is so simple..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 01-18-2018 at 03:24 PM..

Old 01-19-2018, 04:59 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
I'm not jewish, but that's not a problem because there's an ex rabbinical student who found the Lord and grace who enlightens through his teaching. I'm convinced those born in USA can never fully understand the Jewish mindset, it's like peeling the onion there's always another layer.
And there’s the problem, ex-rabbibical STUDENT...

Old 01-19-2018, 01:23 PM

23,149 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:

I could give you a ton of scripture just like this, and again, you have no way of remembering because you were never one with Christ under the covenant, you are separated from the commonwealth of Israel and it takes very little to change this for you. You say you are not Jewish but being Jewish and claiming the name Israel is the point. Do you want an inheritance in Israel OR NOT?

Richard could easily point the way to you as a Gentile gaining an inheritance in Israel and even given a new name, or perhaps, he will give you his name. You need to make your mind up whether you want to be Israel or not. As it stands, you are born separated and not counted amongst the congregation and certainly not under the covenant Messiah brings for Ephraim and Judah.

One in Christ
10For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance as our way of life. 11Therefore remember that formerly you who are Gentiles in the flesh and called uncircumcised by the so-called circumcision (that done in the body by human hands) — 12remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity