Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 12:46 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,457,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Never once had a flu shot, I just catch the flu and get over it in 3-5 days. There is no guarantee that flu shot will stop you from catching the flu either.

Most people I know very sick with the flu this years are all super saved and love Jesus, so I dont think religion ad faith has anything to do with catching a virus.
I never once got a flu shot yet:
.... haven't had the flu in over 50 years
.... I ignore the "gimmicks"
.... I tend to think things like Miracle Ministries are yesterday's traveling medicine show
.... nor do I think religion ad faith has anything to do with not catching a virus
.... nor do I think religion per say has anything to do with catching \ not catching a virus.

Not too long ago, our local TV station had a segment which had medical research experts that had findings which indicated that people who get the flu shot do increase their immune system for the current season, only to be that much more weakened the following season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Problem is, the media, and the non-religious crowd believe what they want. They lazily assume that anyone that mentions Jesus is a Christian, and cannot be bothered to actually look at facts.

Some are lazy but as for others it's a matter of hate \ bigotry \ mean spirited \ oppertunistic situation to vent the emnity as God said would happen in Genesis and Jesus said not being surprised that the world hates you.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:58 PM

10,977 posts, read 7,062,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Not too long ago, our local TV station had a segment which had medical research experts that had findings which indicated that people who get the flu shot do increase their immune system for the current season, only to be that much more weakened the following season.
Well said. This is a matter that needs much more attention and research than listening to whoever is on the TV at the moment, or whatever big story is in the paper at the moment. There's much more to what's going on than "get vaccine" vs. "don't get vaccine". I too am in agreement that the body is ultimately more vulnerable due to these types of vaccinations. We might get some short term benefit, and the doctors and pharma-kings get their moment of glory and applause while the attention is on, but the bigger picture and long-term situation is important too.

Old 02-07-2018, 05:01 PM

10,198 posts, read 6,273,204 times
Mind over Matter; be it Jesus or Whatever.

Old 02-08-2018, 09:22 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,136,261 times
Quote:
You're showing yourself again as the citizen of being what you accuse others of ... bigotry and haters .... something which Jesus didn't do.
Except when flipping tables, rebuking the disciples and embarrassing the Pharisees.

Old 02-08-2018, 09:24 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,136,261 times
Quote:
Problem is, the media, and the non-religious crowd believe what they want. They lazily assume that anyone that mentions Jesus is a Christian, and cannot be bothered to actually look at facts.
Problem is the evangelicals pick and choose who they see as being "christian" based on their interpretation of god in their image.

Old 02-08-2018, 10:07 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,598,022 times
Quote:

Some are lazy but as for others it's a matter of hate \ bigotry \ mean spirited \ oppertunistic situation to vent the emnity as God said would happen in Genesis and Jesus said not being surprised that the world hates you.
No one hates you. You are dying to tell others they are not Christian, and you are being prevented.

When you tell other Christians they are not Christian, you cause unnecessary animosity and argument. You and BP have had your wings clipped and have been tamed on this forum.

Old 02-08-2018, 11:04 AM

18,917 posts, read 6,923,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Problem is the evangelicals pick and choose who they see as being "christian" based on their interpretation of god in their image.
Weird...because we see the NON-Christians picking and choosing who they see as Christians based on THEIR interpretation, as well.

Old 02-08-2018, 12:44 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,598,022 times
Quote:
Weird...because we see the NON-Christians picking and choosing who they see as Christians based on THEIR interpretation, as well.
We simply take them at their word. There is no Christian quiz, and you personally do not use scripture to make your point.

Your wings have been clipped. You cannot do what you love to do, which is telling others they are not Christian.

Old 02-08-2018, 01:58 PM

Quote:
You're showing yourself again as the citizen of being what you accuse others of ... bigotry and haters .... something which Jesus didn't do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Except when flipping tables, rebuking the disciples and embarrassing the Pharisees.
Jesus wasn't being a bigot nor hateful when the tables were over turned or declaring that those who doesn't confirm to a liberal social agenda are shouts located in the country of BIGOTS and HATERS.

Nor for that matter did he "embarrassed" them to "embarrass" them.
He refused to be what they wanted him to be which was mainly to remove Roman rule and a welfare \ health care provider savior, ... and don't tell me about my sin.

Last edited by twin.spin; 02-08-2018 at 02:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity