Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 03:22 PM

4 posts, read 1,519 times

Advertisements

A still small voice after the loud ones. He told me my wife was pregnant after 14 years of barrenness. It was so. He told us it would be a son. It was so. Nathan is 36 now.

Be still and listen. Be first filled with his Holy Spirit. He will speak and His sheep know His voice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2018, 08:05 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Yes, God speaks to me, especially when I am listening intently with meekness.

God is my teacher, comforter, and everything I could ever need. It took many years for me to know his voice. He can teach me things I never understood before - just suddenly out of the blue. I love it when he does that. And other times, I will ask him to give me an understanding of something and he always answers. Not necessarily immediately, but he does always answer. Sometimes he will wait until I'm in the right situation and I hear him saying "see this" - "remember you asked me..." It's amazing. I love how real God is to me.
God should be real to everyone, Rain, but we all have different sensitivities to the spiritual.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:15 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,708,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
God should be real to everyone, Rain, but we all have different sensitivities to the spiritual.
I need to be reminded of this, often. You are absolutely right about this. Thanks.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:17 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,649,676 times
Not a word.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:40 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Not a word.
It is always best to be silent and be thought a fool rather than speak and prove it. j/k

Old 03-08-2018, 09:45 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,042,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terraaus View Post
I sometimes hear people say God spoke to them. What does God sound like?

Sometimes it has been so "loud" that it seemed almost literally audible and His voice goes right through you. But most of the time it's a small still voice. I hear Him most of the time when praying for others, or studying deeply in His Word, but He will sometimes answer a question I have in my mind, or comment on a thought I just had. He also has a sense of humor and has joked with me on occasion and you can "hear" the humor being expressed in His voice. His body is not supposed to be deaf and dumb, He is as alive as we will allow Him to be.

There are reasons why He does not speak often to some people, but that's another topic. Blessings and peace....

Old 03-08-2018, 10:25 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Auditory hallucinations should be handled by medical professionals. It could be a sign of a serious medical problem, like a brain tumor.

Old 03-10-2018, 11:41 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,042,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Auditory hallucinations should be handled by medical professionals. It could be a sign of a serious medical problem, like a brain tumor.

Hardened unbelieving hearts should be handled by spiritual professionals via Yeshua. It could be a sign of a serious spiritual condition resulting in death, like a soul dying of starvation from lack of life giving Spirit. Seek spiritual attention immediately.

Old 03-15-2018, 06:59 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,316,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Oh that lady on the view wasn't very popular for saying this! You're in great company!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity