Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2018, 10:09 PM

166 posts, read 116,736 times

Advertisements

My good friends own a group home with 4 Developmentally Disabled Adults. They hired a JW and are having a few issues, not bad but just wanted to get some insight.These people LOVE Birthday parties, holidays, etc.. and these usually fall on the days she works. She cannot help plan nor participate. She refuses to take the clients out to celebrate their birthdays. Yet what surprises me is she is happy to take a few to the mormon? or maybe it is the catholic church with no issues.. She only works one weekend a month and always takes them to church. IS that ok with the Religion Elders? It's not my business but there are other things which I recall, from my studying, being off.

She isn't a good worker really, anyhow. She sits alot and has alot of health issues which prevent her from helping clients exercise. She's very heavy and forgot to mention she uses a cane at times, to walk. I've never heard of any JW's missing a meeting to take other people to church. Maybe a Doctor or RN but i thought that was discouraged or forbidden. She calls herself a JW but I explained it's doubtful she is baptized and may be just involved in attending for now. They are just curious what other issues may arise.

Old 02-17-2018, 07:20 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyLongLeg View Post
My good friends own a group home with 4 Developmentally Disabled Adults. They hired a JW and are having a few issues, not bad but just wanted to get some insight.These people LOVE Birthday parties, holidays, etc.. and these usually fall on the days she works. She cannot help plan nor participate. She refuses to take the clients out to celebrate their birthdays. Yet what surprises me is she is happy to take a few to the mormon? or maybe it is the catholic church with no issues.. She only works one weekend a month and always takes them to church. IS that ok with the Religion Elders? It's not my business but there are other things which I recall, from my studying, being off.

She isn't a good worker really, anyhow. She sits alot and has alot of health issues which prevent her from helping clients exercise. She's very heavy and forgot to mention she uses a cane at times, to walk. I've never heard of any JW's missing a meeting to take other people to church. Maybe a Doctor or RN but i thought that was discouraged or forbidden. She calls herself a JW but I explained it's doubtful she is baptized and may be just involved in attending for now. They are just curious what other issues may arise.

welcome to the new world of FREEDOM to celebrate one's religion and there ain't nothing anyone can do about it.

Goodness gracious, reminds me of the stories about a baker refusing to bake a wedding cake because it violated religious beliefs..

Seems the evangelical is all for religious expression until another religion expresses its freedom..

All for school vouchers for religious schools? But not or Muslims, Buddhists or Seventh day Adventists schools?

All for prayers in school? But nor for Allah or Jehovah, or Vishnu.

Want to teach religion in schools? It can ONLY be christian??

AND WHO ARE YOU TO QUESTION SOME ONE'S RELIGIOUS AFFILIATION????

Why is it is so difficult to respect other people's religion?

Old 02-17-2018, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
welcome to the new world of FREEDOM to celebrate one's religion and there ain't nothing anyone can do about it.

Goodness gracious, reminds me of the stories about a baker refusing to bake a wedding cake because it violated religious beliefs..

Seems the evangelical is all for religious expression until another religion expresses its freedom..

All for school vouchers for religious schools? But not or Muslims, Buddhists or Seventh day Adventists schools?

All for prayers in school? But nor for Allah or Jehovah, or Vishnu.

Want to teach religion in schools? It can ONLY be christian??

AND WHO ARE YOU TO QUESTION SOME ONE'S RELIGIOUS AFFILIATION????

Why is it is so difficult to respect other people's religion?
This long rant has nothing to do with my thread whatsoever.
Do not hyjack it further

Old 02-17-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
This long rant has nothing to do with my thread whatsoever.
Do not hyjack it further
It has everything to to do with this bashing of another religion post you have made under the guise of doubting this woman..

You are trying to get another JW (when you ask-IS that ok with the Religion Elders?)to say she is not really a JW and just playing like one. YOU doubt her faith, her dedication and commitment to her church.

You are upset because she invokes her right not to participate in activities that violate her religious beliefs as if her beliefs do not matter.

You say she will "take a few to the mormon? or maybe it is the catholic church with no issues." but you fail to say what if any other church(es) she refuses to take them??? But you specify "mormom" and "catholic" as if they are outside the "christian" belief system?

Then you blaze on her by saying "She isn't a good worker really, anyhow. She sits alot and has alot of health issues which prevent her from helping clients exercise. She's very heavy and forgot to mention she uses a cane at times, to walk." Mighty christian of you.

What health issues prevents her from "helping clients exercise?" Do you mean she does not participate?

And you rip on her because she is heavy??? Obviously this would have been notice at the interview???

And as for using a cane, under IDEA she is under NO obligation to mention this...Under IDEA she must inform the employer of ANY modifications or accommodations she requires to perform the job.

PLEASE, stop bashing JWs, Mormons, and Catholics....Whatever church you are affiliated with they do not have all the answers NOR are they the ONLY source of truth on the planet.

Old 02-17-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
It has everything to to do with this bashing of another religion post you have made under the guise of doubting this woman..

You are trying to get another JW (when you ask-IS that ok with the Religion Elders?)to say she is not really a JW and just playing like one. YOU doubt her faith, her dedication and commitment to her church.

You are upset because she invokes her right not to participate in activities that violate her religious beliefs as if her beliefs do not matter.

You say she will "take a few to the mormon? or maybe it is the catholic church with no issues." but you fail to say what if any other church(es) she refuses to take them??? But you specify "mormom" and "catholic" as if they are outside the "christian" belief system?

Then you blaze on her by saying "She isn't a good worker really, anyhow. She sits alot and has alot of health issues which prevent her from helping clients exercise. She's very heavy and forgot to mention she uses a cane at times, to walk." Mighty christian of you.

What health issues prevents her from "helping clients exercise?" Do you mean she does not participate?

And you rip on her because she is heavy??? Obviously this would have been notice at the interview???

And as for using a cane, under IDEA she is under NO obligation to mention this...Under IDEA she must inform the employer of ANY modifications or accommodations she requires to perform the job.

PLEASE, stop bashing JWs, Mormons, and Catholics....Whatever church you are affiliated with they do not have all the answers NOR are they the ONLY source of truth on the planet.
Please do not comment unless you have something to contribute besides trolling and spreading your lies about other people's religions. Stop the stereotypes and hyjacking my thread with your nonsense. I will report you.

Old 02-18-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Please do not comment unless you have something to contribute besides trolling and spreading your lies about other people's religions. Stop the stereotypes and hyjacking my thread with your nonsense. I will report you.
This entire post needs to be reported. You continue to deconstruct this woman's religion hoping to get others to support your bigotry and dislike of JEHOVAH WITNESSES, MORMONS and CATHOLICS.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:52 AM

16,662 posts, read 15,654,903 times
Looks like everything that needs to be said in this thread has been said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity