Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 11:57 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
In case you are interested... services aired live here.

C-SPAN: Reverend Billy Graham Funeral Service
Thanks for posting that DRob. I would have missed the service otherwise. Due to a change my cable provider made I have no TV reception until I pick up a digital receiver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2018, 10:10 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,707,735 times
I know this message will not be well received, but I am posting it on behalf of those who can receive it.

Please bear in mind, that Martin believes that God will save all in the ages to come, but not all will enter the Kingdom in the same order or even in the same age/aeon. Realizing this clears up a lot of very difficult and "hard teachings" in the gospels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2elK9ejYlhY

Old 03-06-2018, 12:01 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I know this message will not be well received, but I am posting it on behalf of those who can receive it.

Please bear in mind, that Martin believes that God will save all in the ages to come, but not all will enter the Kingdom in the same order or even in the same age/aeon. Realizing this clears up a lot of very difficult and "hard teachings" in the gospels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2elK9ejYlhY
I stopped watching this garbage after eight minutes. That imbecile compared Billy Graham to Satan and said that he is hanged because he didn't want to subject himself to the righteousness of God. He accused Billy Graham of wanting to attest to his own righteousness and that he didn't want to subject himself to God. And he apparently said this after Billy Graham's death.

Here's what Billy Graham had to say on the matter of righteousness.
We have no righteousness of our own, so God gives us His own righteousness as a free gift. In other words, God demands righteousness, and through the death and resurrection of Christ, God supplies the righteousness that He demands! The blood of Christ covers our sins so that we can come into the presence of God. And when it is time for us to die, we are welcomed into Heaven as if we were Jesus because we are saved solely on the perfections of His merit and grace.

https://billygraham.org/decision-mag...righteousness/
And as for you RainMusic; you just got through saying the following in post #22 of the thread Can a true BELIEVER in the body of Christ be demon possessed? regarding the reason why you didn't watch some videos someone had posted;
''No, I did not watch them. Not because I want to offend you, but because I have time constraints as well as a desire to let Christ, not other men be my teacher. There are more "Christian teaching videos" on the Internet than I could watch in 10 lifetimes. I will not spend my time listening to the thousands upon thousands of men who desire to be teachers.''
Yet you seem more than willing to let this fool, this wanna be teacher, be your teacher. And you just had to post this crap which defames a great man of God who is now in heaven. No, this dung absolutely was not well received by me.

Old 03-06-2018, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I stopped watching this garbage after eight minutes. That imbecile compared Billy Graham to Satan and said that he is hanged because he didn't want to subject himself to the righteousness of God. He accused Billy Graham of wanting to attest to his own righteousness and that he didn't want to subject himself to God. And he apparently said this after Billy Graham's death.

Here's what Billy Graham had to say on the matter of righteousness.
We have no righteousness of our own, so God gives us His own righteousness as a free gift. In other words, God demands righteousness, and through the death and resurrection of Christ, God supplies the righteousness that He demands! The blood of Christ covers our sins so that we can come into the presence of God. And when it is time for us to die, we are welcomed into Heaven as if we were Jesus because we are saved solely on the perfections of His merit and grace.

https://billygraham.org/decision-mag...righteousness/
And as for you RainMusic; you just got through saying the following in post #22 of the thread Can a true BELIEVER in the body of Christ be demon possessed? regarding the reason why you didn't watch some videos someone had posted;
''No, I did not watch them. Not because I want to offend you, but because I have time constraints as well as a desire to let Christ, not other men be my teacher. There are more "Christian teaching videos" on the Internet than I could watch in 10 lifetimes. I will not spend my time listening to the thousands upon thousands of men who desire to be teachers.''
Yet you seem more than willing to let this fool, this wanna be teacher, be your teacher. And you just had to post this crap which defames a great man of God who is now in heaven. No, this dung absolutely was not well received by me.
Billy Graham taught throughout his ministry that WE choose God and that our choice for Christ is what saves us. Of course you are offended that Martin compared Graham to Satan. I suppose you would also be offended that Jesus called Peter (an Apostle) Satan! You do not understand the point of the message. He did not say Billy Graham was an evil man. He is simply pointing out that Billy Graham was loved by the world, he even had his own star on the Hollywood "walk of fame". He drew HUGE crowds of people after himself and then told them that God's plan was a choice between choosing heaven or hell. That is not the gospel. Of course it is what you believe the gospel teaches, but it is not what the scriptures show. I do not listen to every teacher. But I never said I never listened to any person, just that I do not have time to watch ALL the millions of Christian teaching videos on the internet. This was not posted for you, Mike because you are unable to understand the point being made. You do not understand the concept of aionios life that is for the FEW Jesus spoke of. Many are called, but few are chosen for that high calling. I do not expect to be in that number. I would like to be, but I do not know, yet I still trust God with my soul. I do not believe as you do that people pop into heaven when they die. If you read the book of Romans, there is no way you can come away believing that we have free will to "choose salvation" for ourselves or that God grants us salvation based on something we decide. I do think it is presumptuous for Martin to say that Billy Graham was not saved, because it did seem to me that Billy Graham got a vision of the Universal love of God for all in the later years of his life, not to mention, Martin doesn't know what is in a man's heart.

Last edited by RainMusic; 03-06-2018 at 12:50 AM..

Old 03-06-2018, 05:16 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times
Quote:

Even if they guy has said some good things that made sense, I wouldn't put too much stock into any one person's ideas. Especially someone ranting from inside a car.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Even if they guy has said some good things that made sense, I wouldn't put too much stock into any one person's ideas. Especially someone ranting from inside a car.
Martin Zender is weird - I will grant you that. But he does have some beneficial things to say to the body of Christ. I do not follow him. I simply shared a couple of his videos recently. Some of his beliefs I share - others I do not. I don't care if someone is sitting in a car or on a bus or in the middle of a field. They guy doesn't have a professional studio to make his videos. He is not about having lots of "stuff" or about accumulating money to make slick videos. He is a very devoted student of the scriptures and sometimes he has some things to say that I appreciate. That's it. I don't listen to a lot of Christian videos. In the past week, I've watched more Christian videos than I probably have in the past five years.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:14 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Rain Music - You need to remove yourself from YouTube and go to the Scriptures... if you are at all interested in God and Jesus Christ.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Rain Music - You need to remove yourself from YouTube and go to the Scriptures... if you are at all interested in God and Jesus Christ.
Really? I rarely watch YouTube. I've spent a lot of time reading the scriptures. I am pretty sure I am above average in my scripture reading time. But thanks for your concern about me. Gosh, I appreciate it. Fascinating that you feel you KNOW WHAT I NEED since you do not know me. God knows what I need - he knows exactly what I need.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:27 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Really? I rarely watch YouTube. I've spent a lot of time reading the scriptures. I am pretty sure I am above average in my scripture reading time. But thanks for your concern about me. Gosh, I appreciate it. Fascinating that you feel you KNOW WHAT I NEED since you do not know me. God knows what I need - he knows exactly what I need.

It seems as though you are posting more videos of late - much of it is human wisdom that runs counter to what God provided for us.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
It seems as though you are posting more videos of late - much of it is human wisdom that runs counter to what God provided for us.
Of late, as in, for the past week or so? But guess what, I do not come to City Data all the time. I will likely disappear for months again as I have done over the years. I hope that will be to your liking when it happens.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity