Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 11:00 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,927,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
And where is this New Covenant prophesied in your Old Testament?...
If you don't know, then you're blind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2018, 11:46 AM

32,530 posts, read 21,937,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
If you don't know, then you're blind.
Oh, I know where it is at, I just want to know if you know...So, where is it?...

Old 02-25-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
I believe it was a two-pronged approach of (1) The Gentiles are no longer considered unclean as Peter was about to share the Gospel with them (Cornelius the centurion and his household) and (2) the Gentiles' food was now cleansed to eat. We now no longer have dietary laws like under the OT. As to homosexuality, it's still an abomination.
No...You are performing mental gymnastics...Peter had stated exactly what the dream meant, nothing more...He never stated that all animals were now clean...This is YOU attempting to read something into it that is not there...

Old 02-25-2018, 11:59 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,136,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
These verses are used all the time to say Jesus canceled the dietary laws.

Mark 7:17-19
New King James Version (NKJV)
17 When He had entered a house away from the crowd, His disciples asked Him concerning the parable. 18 So He said to them, “Are you thus without understanding also? Do you not perceive that whatever enters a man from outside cannot defile him, 19 because it does not enter his heart but his stomach, and is eliminated, thus purifying all foods?”

Matthew 15:16-20
16 So Jesus said, “Are you also still without understanding? 17 Do you not yet understand that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and is eliminated? 18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man. 19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies.20 These are the things which defile a man, but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile a man.”

-The whole issue in both these parallel chapters were the Pharisees were accusing them of eating with unwashed hands.

Matthew 15:2
2 “Why do Your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread.”

Mark 7:5
5 Then the Pharisees and scribes asked Him, “Why do Your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashed hands?”

-Jesus then went on to challenge them as to why do they put aside the commands of God to follow their traditions. So it would make no sense for Jesus to tell them about stop putting aside the commands of God and following the traditions of men and then turn right around and tell them it is now okay to put aside the commands of God and you can now break the dietary laws. The issue was about eating with unwashed hands, not dietary laws debate.

-Jesus no where says in either of those 2 chapters, you now have a free ticket to eat unclean foods now and there was not even any debate on clean vs unclean foods in those chapters.

-Mathew 15 and Mark 7:19 make it very clear that eating with unwashed hands doesn't defile you or make anyone unclean, so those verses CANT be used to say Jesus said we cant eat whatever we want.

But this is exactly what the OP is talking about, if Homosexuality is a sin, which it is according to Lev, why is it okay to go a few chapters before or after and ignore those commands, but judge of about not keeping Lev 18

Chapter & Verse where Jesus gives a list of what NOT to eat or when Jesus told anyone NOT TO EAT THAT?

Old 02-25-2018, 12:00 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,136,261 times
Quote:
Jesus didn’t say it, Paul did...
and who is Paul? The evangelicals make Paul to be more and greater than Christ.

Old 02-25-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
and who is Paul? The evangelicals make Paul to be more and greater than Christ.
That is for sure...Paul essentially created Christianity...

Old 02-25-2018, 01:01 PM

22,988 posts, read 10,333,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
This question is for Christians and particularly for those Christians who STILL use Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13 to aim at gay people in an attempt to make them squirm.

The question is an easy one to answer. It's either 'yes' or 'no'. However, if it is 'yes' then a brief explanation will be required.

The question: Do you HONESTLY give a damn about ANY of the commands of Leviticus?

This could be a very short thread .. .

I give a damn, but then Leviticus and Numbers are up there with my favorites. Having said that, It would never, EVER occur to me to EVER mention the laws to a gay person, I mean, why would I?

I suppose with some people set in their ways who are self righteous, maybe I can see them saying something. Like that crazy church holding signs that God hates gays and hates the military, that is pretty sick.

Old 02-25-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I give a damn, but then Leviticus and Numbers are up there with my favorites. Having said that, It would never, EVER occur to me to EVER mention the laws to a gay person, I mean, why would I?

I suppose with some people set in their ways who are self righteous, maybe I can see them saying something. Like that crazy church holding signs that God hates gays and hates the military, that is pretty sick.
Westboro Baptist Church...

Old 02-25-2018, 01:26 PM

22,988 posts, read 10,333,419 times
Quote:
Westboro Baptist Church...
Yea, that's the freaks I was thinking about, those people really push the limits to free speech, I feel like going to there to slap them every time I see them.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:52 PM

107 posts, read 85,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Speak for your self, not for me. The OT was inspired by God as much as the NT is.
Well I obviously wasn't speaking for you anyhow. You are not that important aside from the fact I stated that was my first, ever, post in this forum
Nor did I address anything regarding the old convenant being more or less inspired than the new covenant. Those are your words.

In fact, your post is so bizarre I am not sure you were even speaking to me.

Pay attention to who you quote, please
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity