Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 02:37 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,687,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
In Matthew 15, there is an incident that, at first, seems to confirm the idea that Jesus came only for the Jews. Jesus was traveling through Tyre and Sidon, a Gentile region, and “a Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, ‘Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly’” (Matthew 15:22). This Gentile woman recognized Jesus as the Messiah but “Jesus did not answer a word." As the woman kept up her appeals, Jesus finally responded, but His words seemed to hold little hope: “I was sent 'only' to the lost sheep of Israel” (v 24). However, the woman did not give up, and Jesus eventually granted her request, based on her “great faith” (v 28).
  1. Did Jesus come only for the Jews and not the Gentiles?---if so, what was God's plan for the Gentiles???? (did he have a plan for them or where they just going to be sent to Hell?)
  2. Christ didn't know that the Jews would reject him, else he wouldn't have preached the Gospel to them. (Since God is omniscient, he knew that the Jews would reject Christ). Is Jesus NOT also God and if so, why bother preaching to the Jews?
  3. However, If this is true, and Christ IS GOD, then why would he say “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel” knowing full well they would reject him? Why did God send Jesus to preach to the Jews ONLY?
  4. What was God's plan for the Gentiles...did he have a plan to Save them too? Did he change his plan (MID-WAY) into Jesus's Ministry (did God make changes to his plan "on the Fly???)

Just Curious to hear some of these answers...as i investigate more into Jesus and his mission.

Thanks...
the Great KINGS of JObs family of gentile nations and their material ( not matriarchal !!! it is not about manly or bossy woman !! ) matrilineal is about clan system of shared inheritances and shared leadership and A 7 Clan system of inheritances that his 7 churches are modeled after and have always been central to his plan and his own
personal inheritance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2018, 09:26 PM

4,343 posts, read 2,129,325 times
Before the earthly ministry and during, the gentiles were without God.......

11 Therefore remember that at one time you Gentiles in the flesh, called "the uncircumcision" by what is called the circumcision, which is made in the flesh by hands— 12 remember that you were at that time separated from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.

Things changed after the cross.......

13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. 14 For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility 15 by abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace, 16 and might reconcile us both to God in one body through the cross, thereby killing the hostility. 17 And he came and preached peace to you who were far off and peace to those who were near. 18 For through him we both have access in one Spirit to the Father. 19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone,

Old 02-28-2018, 04:09 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,687,763 times
most definitely changed after the cross but they were always part of the plan since Eve's promises and also since this promise!

Shem's Blessing and Noah's Death
26He also said, "Blessed be the LORD, The God of Shem; And let Canaan be his servant. 27"May God enlarge Japheth, And let him dwell in the tents of Shem; And let Canaan be his servant." 28Noah lived three hundred and fifty years after the flood.…

and The sons of Japheth I believe has the most land and the largest inheritances
in our world

this has come true!
and also I believe that more of Japheth will be dwelling in Abrahams tent/ "Tabernacles of the righteous" which will cover Israel and the Lord churches, I sure believe there will be more of Japheth saved than any others of Noah's sons, that is my bet. why Because they were "enlarged " for the Lord's sake and for the Lord inheritance sake I suspect!
because they will be faithful!

Old 02-28-2018, 10:25 PM

3,220 posts, read 907,467 times
Here is what scripture says about the servant of God.

"Here is my servant whom I uphold, my chosen one with whom I am pleased, upon whom I have put my spirit, he shall proclaim righteousness to the nations." Says the Lord

Old 03-01-2018, 04:05 AM

9,663 posts, read 9,925,106 times
People who don`t believe the promises of God is for everybody if they choose and only believe that salvation is for their church only usually are not saved......

Old 03-02-2018, 01:23 AM

32,530 posts, read 21,837,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Here is what scripture says about the servant of God.

"Here is my servant whom I uphold, my chosen one with whom I am pleased, upon whom I have put my spirit, he shall proclaim righteousness to the nations." Says the Lord
Is that something you made up or is there a book, chapter and verse?...

Old 03-02-2018, 05:48 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,686,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Two kingdoms, the Northern Kingdom called Israel and known as Ephraim had NEVER BEEN JEWS. For 300 years the kingdom of Ephraim called the Torah a strange thing and they defied God and Judah in their rejection of Jerusalem and all it's feasts and laws and they built their own holy places and temple where they became confederate with Syria and Egypt AGAINST Judah. Those Israelis were lawless pagan who claimed that they had the new wine of spirit where all of them became prophets and sons of prophets of Baal and they could not have been more different than the kingdom of Judah.

God wiped that kingdom out and he scattered those people to all the nations of the earth except for a 7000 man remnant that Paul was a member of.

''GO ONLY TO THE LOST HOUSE OF ISRAEL.''

There were 7000 members from the lost house of Israel that were currently living as Jews, amongst Jews but their fathers were not Jews, they were of the lost kingdom of Israel just as Paul was, and just as all of the disciples were.

Paul is explaining his history in the beginning of Romans showing how his people had become wicked and God ended their kingdom but where God ended their kingdom in Hosea 1, God also gives these lost Gentiles great hope that one day the lost Gentiles would return in repentance of taking on Pagan holy days and becoming lawless Gentiles to be enemies with Judah.

Paul is explaining in Romans 9 and 10 and 11 how God ended the ten lost tribes known as Ephraim, and now when a Gentile comes converting to Judaism to become one with Jews, that Gentile can grasp ahold of the promise to the ten lost tribes in Hosea 2. Hosea 2 shows the betrothal that a Jew would offer many Gentiles who came under this promise, and so John the Baptist was sent out just as Elijah had been sent out into the Northern Kingdom. The mission of Elijah and John is Solely to the northern kingdom called Israel/ NOT JUDAH.

Now Gentile could repent of their pagan ways and come to celebrate a Passover lamb and be redeemed into Israel through a betrothal to a Jew.

But that was a brief moment in History when Gentiles became co-heirs with Jews. 100 years after Jesus died, we saw the great apostasy that we were informed of in Thess when the Gentiles converted to the religions of Rome and Babylon and separated themselves from Jews and being co-heirs with Jews because Gentiles were not brave enough to look like a Jew, and I don't blame them back then, but they separated themselves from the covenant of Jesus that Jesus only brings for the lost house of Israel and Judah.

For 2000 years, NO GENTILE has been added to the nation of Israel through a redeeming betrothal to a Jew because of the fact that the Gentile rejects the covenant when he calls the Torah a strange thing, rejects the holy days of Jerusalem and Jerusalem itself, and then becomes enemies to Judah.

Jesus took two men named Ephraim and Judah and made them one servant until the Gentiles abandoned Jesus and the Jews, and no Gentiles have come under the covenant of Jesus since recent years, just in the last 100 years, Gentiles are now coming back to the covenant of Jesus where they become one with Jews.

God doesn't exclude anyone, but he wont force you to abandon all your pagan ways, and he wont force you to accept only his ways, but the offer is always good.

Salvation for All Nations ~ Isaiah 56
1Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.
2Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.
3Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.
4For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;
5Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.
6Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;
7Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.
8The Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.

It is up to you to take hold of the covenant of God, but don't let anyone fool you, if they have not done the things that are written here in Isaiah 56, they have no business saying they are under the covenant of Jesus. Let the whole world be gathered, but God only has one law, one set of ways with his own peculiar worship system of Sabbaths and feasts, and you either convert to them or you don't, and if you don't, then why make the claim that you have an inheritance in Israel or any gift from the holy days of God when you in fact, don't believe in keeping the holy days ordained by God?
I think you posted this in the wrong forum - this belongs in the JEWISH forum. You are teaching Jewish law, as usual and getting away with it, as usual.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:44 AM

22,760 posts, read 10,220,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I think you posted this in the wrong forum - this belongs in the JEWISH forum. You are teaching Jewish law, as usual and getting away with it, as usual.
Christianity WAS Judaism, for 100 years it was Judaism, the problem is that we have Christians everywhere speaking of a religion that they know nothing about, Jesus came in Judaism, Jesus came as the Messiah Judaism had waited on all those years, God's religion is Judaism. God's ways are only practiced by those in Judaism, and Christians like to insert themselves into Judaism where Christianity didn't even exist in Jesus day, Christianity didn't exist till Christians outlawed the ways of God and then accepted Pagan ways and lawlessness, but the religion of Jesus IS Judaism.

Old 03-03-2018, 05:24 AM

32,530 posts, read 21,837,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Do you not claim that YOUR messiah is prophesied in OUR Tanakh?...If so, then it is relevant...

Old 03-04-2018, 09:00 AM

8 posts, read 3,367 times
The Syrian Woman

There lived near the home of Karuska, where the Master lodged, a Syrian woman who had heard much of Jesus as a great healer and teacher, and on this Sabbath afternoon she came over, bringing her little daughter. The child, about twelve years old, was afflicted with a grievous nervous disorder characterized by convulsions and other distressing manifestations.

<snip>

https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book...sidon#U156_1_0

Moderator note: Every page on the Urantia site has this note at the bottom: © Urantia Foundation. All rights reserved. That means copying entire pages is illegal. It also violates the Terms Of Service where it says: Instead of copying-and-pasting articles, photos, or other material you find on the Internet, you should be posting links to those articles. Posting a snippet from the article and then the link is the appropriate way to post.

Last edited by mensaguy; 03-08-2018 at 06:50 AM.. Reason: Copyright violation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity