Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2018, 03:35 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Death is a kind messenger sent to the righteous by their heavenly Father, calling them to the possession of their eternal inheritance. To the wicked it is a messenger of wrath, summoning them to the abodes of misery. – George Lawson
You should find someone else to quote besides the walking dead.

Old 06-01-2018, 04:38 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,026,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You should find someone else to quote besides the walking dead.
My friend Jerwade, you are absolutely correct. What we need on this side of Glory is more walking dead.

"A man is in a great place when he has no one to turn to but God." -Smith Wigglesworth-

Old 06-02-2018, 01:07 AM

"Systematic theology - be careful how you tie down the Word to fit your set and final creeds, systems, dogmas, and organized theistic philosophies! The Word of God is not bound! It's free to say what it will to the individual, and no one can outline it into dispensations which cannot be broken." - Jim Elliot-

Old 06-02-2018, 06:43 PM

“But every point of view is a point of blindness: it incapacitates us for every other point of view. From a certain point of view, the room in which I write has no door. I turn around. Now I see the door, but the room has no window. I look up. From this point of view, the room has no floor. I look down; it has no ceiling. By avoiding particular points of view we are able to have an intuition of the whole. The ideal for a Christian is to become holy, a word which derives from “whole.” - Richard Wurmbrand-

Old 06-02-2018, 10:23 PM

If you believe you can't, you never will.
Because can't never could do anything.

Jerwade

Old 06-03-2018, 03:53 AM

"In the secret of God's tabernacle no enemy can find us, and no troubles can reach us. The pride of man and the strife of tongues find no entrance into the pavilion of God. The secret of his presence is a more secure refuge than a thousand Gibraltars. I do not mean that no trials come. They may come in abundance, but they cannot penetrate into the sanctuary of the soul, and we may dwell in perfect peace even in the midst of life fiercest storms. -Hannah Whitall Smith

“It was strictly forbidden to preach to other prisoners. It was understood that whoever was caught doing this received a severe beating. A number of us decided to pay the price for the privilege of preaching, so we accepted their [the communists' ] terms. It was a deal; we preached and they beat us. We were happy preaching. They were happy beating us, so everyone was happy.” ― Richard Wurmbrand, Tortured for Christ-

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 06-03-2018 at 04:25 AM..

Old 06-03-2018, 08:48 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,048,440 times
Quote:

Jerwade
How many self-quotes did you post so far, you're really quite a lover of yourself and your own wisdom huh?

2 Timothy 3:2-5 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Old 06-03-2018, 09:17 AM

Quote:
How many self-quotes did you post so far, you're really quite a lover of yourself and your own wisdom huh?
Never speak to my friend like that. I have never, ever found one post of Jerwade that even hints of being "a lover" of himself!

“And this brings us face to face with a blunder of our traditional creed, which is radical. It talks of God's love as though that stood merely on a par with His justice though it were something belonging to Him which He puts on or off. It is hardly possible to open a religious book in which this fatal error is not found; fatal, because it virtually strikes out of the Gospel its fundamental truth, that GOD IS LOVE. The terms are equivalent. They can be interchanged. God is not anger though He can be angry, God is not vengeance though He does avenge. These are attributes, love is essence. Therefore, God is unchangeably love. Therefore, in judgment He is love, in wrath He is love, in vengeance He is love-" love first, and last, and midst, and without end.” - Thomas Allin, Christ Triumphant

Old 06-03-2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:

Jerwade
Quote:
How many times have you found yourself thinking about someone else's life in a judgmental way?

Quote:
2 Timothy 3:2-5 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Last edited by Jerwade; 06-03-2018 at 02:25 PM..

Old 06-03-2018, 02:26 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,048,440 times
Quote:
How many times have you found yourself thinking about someone else's life in a judgmental way?
Are you judging me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity