Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 09:02 AM

1,196 posts, read 750,418 times

Advertisements

pretty much of those scriptures you post from Jesus, he makes references to his Father. many believe in Jesus, that doesn't mean they will go to Heaven. because believing in him ONLY, will not save ANY OF US ,(not yelling ). Jesus told us that if we "endure up to the End" we will be saved, (Matt.10:22). everyone who calls themselves a "Christian" believes they automatically have a first class ticket to Heaven ,not true. when Jesus speaks of "enduring to the End". he meant living in a way that pleases his FATHER!

yes, we are to follow Jesus and the examples Jesus left for his followers ,(Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me). see (2Pet. 2:21). are we still following the ways of satan's wicked world? Jesus said his people didn't neither did he ,(John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world). do we still love things that this world offers?, if so we can't love God ,(James 4:4).

most "Christians" still holds on to things of this world. look around, and see how MANY straddles the fence. they seek self pleasures but on the days of worship, they are "Christians". we can't be of the world, yet believe we love God ,(1John 2:15-17 Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever).

lastly Jesus said these important words ,(John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent). that "TRUE GOD", is Jehovah (Exo. 6:3). and it's HIS WILL!... that we must do if we want to enter his Kingdom... Jesus said so! (Matt. 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven). and i do believe he made himself very clear peace

Old 03-14-2018, 10:27 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,277,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
He opened the door for all humanity, not just those in the here and now, who claim to believe-in him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I wouldn't say He opened the door. He said...

Revelation 3:20 - Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

That's a conditional statement.
A literal interpretation?

Old 03-14-2018, 10:31 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,193,069 times
Quote:
I wouldn't say He opened the door. He said...

Revelation 3:20 - Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

That's a conditional statement.
Conditional about what ?(You are assuming it is about salvation from hell). Paul told the Athenians that God was that close they could feel him....Is God flesh and blood?.

What is is saying is, i am your all in all, i am everything you desire, i am all things that pertain to life and godliness, all that i am is yours, there is no need to live this seemingly separated life from your source, join yourself to me, i am not going to force myself on you, invite me in.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:15 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,254,975 times
There is a difference between God's endurance and mankind's endurance.
Scripture quoted applys to God's endurance not ours.
Had Jesus (as God) not endured to the end......you, I and the rest of humanity would have had no hope....regardless of how much we, as humans, could endure.

Blessings, AJ

Old 03-14-2018, 12:28 PM

45,400 posts, read 26,983,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Conditional about what ?(You are assuming it is about salvation from hell). Paul told the Athenians that God was that close they could feel him....Is God flesh and blood?.

What is is saying is, i am your all in all, i am everything you desire, i am all things that pertain to life and godliness, all that i am is yours, there is no need to live this seemingly separated life from your source, join yourself to me, i am not going to force myself on you, invite me in.
Conditional - you need to hear His voice... you need to open the door

Your second paragraph is more revisionism.

Jesus said no one can come to the Father but through Him (John 14:6). To get to Him, you need to hear His voice and open the door, and He will come in (Rev. 3:20). Pretty simple to understand.

Old 03-14-2018, 01:01 PM

Quote:

Jesus said no one can come to the Father but through Him (John 14:6). To get to Him, you need to hear His voice and open the door, and He will come in (Rev. 3:20). Pretty simple to understand.
If you hear his voice, the door of your mind and heart have already been opened.

Old 03-14-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
If you hear his voice, the door of your mind and heart have already been opened.
If what you said is true, then Jesus would not have indicated that the door needs to be opened.

He said, we need to open the door.

Old 03-14-2018, 01:23 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,193,069 times
Quote:

Conditional about what ? . You are just slinging verses together here. Rev 3:20 clearly states he comes to us, the John 14:6 verse is saying we come to Jesus, which is it. Like all bible fundamentalists, you have been taken in by the Father's of evangelicalicism..... The Plymouth Brethren.

Old 03-14-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Conditional about what ? . You are just slinging verses together here. Rev 3:20 clearly states he comes to us, the John 14:6 verse is saying we come to Jesus, which is it. Like all bible fundamentalists, you have been taken in by the Father's of evangelicalicism..... The Plymouth Brethren.
Sorry - but you are incorrect. There is no mention of people going to Jesus in John 14:6.

Your desire to accuse believers is clouding up your comprehension.

Old 03-14-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:
If what you said is true, then Jesus would not have indicated that the door needs to be opened.

He said, we need to open the door.
Knock, knock! Who's there? ROTHLOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.