Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 07:13 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,508 times

Advertisements

Are you the director of the thread now? I noticed you completely ignored my comments. I don't know what kind of church you go to, but I kind of doubt you act this way there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 08:06 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Are you the director of the thread now? I noticed you completely ignored my comments. I don't know what kind of church you go to, but I kind of doubt you act this way there.

I started the thread! it is my conversation for all who want to add to the subject at hand .. I addressed your concerns about how he chose to teach me a subject that is his concerns.. thus you , your fears.. or me are not the subject of this thread and what I am willing to discuss about it.
I am concerned about His people and his church, his body and what concerns him is all these must be connected... and how it is learned is none of your concern.. he did what he did to teach me on a subject that concerns HIM and his own body and his own life and is own church and his own land, His Stuff needed some minor corrections which would increase the body of Christ effectiveness in prayer and in all ways ! it is not about your fears or mine either..
please Rain dont' try and convince me or anyone now that you give a rip about the body of Christ , so lets not pretend you do.

The SUBJECT IS UNITY / one body many parts connected at the head and in the spirit // not uniformity in the body Of Christ .. add to that subject or leave this thread please.

Old 03-15-2018, 08:17 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
I started the thread! it is my conversation for all who want to add to the subject at hand.
That is an extremely parochial view of forum life.

As soon as an idea passes from your mind and keyboard into a worldwide web forum it becomes everyone's - to do with as they please. To ponder on, to scoff at, or to engage in meaningful discussion. It's easier on your mind too, if you just accept that you brought it as a servant of the king, and that it is not yours, and never was.

There's a soul-tie that has to die right there. Our mind, our wills and our emotions.

Old 03-15-2018, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post

As soon as an idea passes from your mind and keyboard into a worldwide web forum it becomes everyone's - to do with as they please. To ponder on, to scoff at, or to engage in meaningful discussion. It's easier on your mind too, if you just accept that you brought it as a servant of the king, and that it is not yours, and never was.

There's a soul-tie that has to die right there. Our mind, our wills and our emotions.
well folks on this list seem t all be experts on how God can work and how the church must be run..
go for it.. I hand you and rain the reins on it.. and you can add to what you think christians concerns are for his body..
I thought that when you post a thread it is yours manage and to respond and set the focus of the thread. until the moment that the trolls take over.. and everyone walks away from it but the trolls.. .
you are refusing to just add to it .and both instist on finding fault and personal attacks.. . but here only to tear down and not help build up the churches and our knowledge of such spiritual subjects and this thread..

But I will leave it too now.
obviously, everyone who is a Christian and ones concerned with the states of the churches and his body physical and spiritually speaking is already been booted off of this site.
right now 2 christians can not even respond to my thread and pin and r1bbi aren't even here anymore, they gave up . and now I do .
May the Lord of this world bless all your efforts..
Jhn 15:1

¶
I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

Jhn 15:2

Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

Jhn 15:3

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

Jhn 15:4

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

Jhn 15:5

¶
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Jhn 15:6

If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Jhn 15:7

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

Jhn 15:8

Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

Jhn 15:9

¶
As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

Jhn 15:10

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Jhn 15:11

¶
These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

Jhn 15:12

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Jhn 15:13

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Jhn 15:14

Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Jhn 15:15

Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

Jhn 15:16

Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Jhn 15:17

These things I command you, that ye love one another.

Jhn 15:18

¶
If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

Jhn 15:19

If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Jhn 15:20

Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

Jhn 15:21

But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

Jhn 15:22

If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.

Jhn 15:23

He that hateth me hateth my Father also.

Jhn 15:24

If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.

Jhn 15:25

But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

Jhn 15:26

¶
But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Jhn 15:27

And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

Jhn 14:1

¶
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

Jhn 14:2

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Jhn 14:3

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Jhn 14:4

And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

Jhn 14:5

¶
Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

Jhn 14:6

¶
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jhn 14:7

¶
If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Jhn 14:8

¶
Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

Jhn 14:9

¶
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Jhn 14:10

Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Jhn 14:11

Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

Jhn 14:12

¶
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Jhn 14:13

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Jhn 14:14

If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Jhn 14:15

¶
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Jhn 14:16

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Jhn 14:17

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Jhn 14:18

I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Jhn 14:19

¶
Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

Jhn 14:20

At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Jhn 14:21

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Jhn 14:22

¶
Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

Jhn 14:23

¶
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Jhn 14:24

He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Jhn 14:25

¶
These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

Jhn 14:26

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jhn 14:27

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Jhn 14:28

Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Jhn 14:29

¶
And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.

Jhn 14:30

Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

Jhn 14:31

But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 03-15-2018 at 08:57 AM..

Old 03-15-2018, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
please Rain dont' try and convince me or anyone now that you give a rip about the body of Christ , so lets not pretend you do.
Your use of "MY" and "MINE" are the key words that clue me into what you are about. The bolded part you wrote is very rude and truly unChristlike. Shame on you. I think you are a lunatic, frankly. You are on a religious head trip. Glad I'm not on the bus with you!

Old 03-15-2018, 09:03 AM

and the most important scriptures on the connectedness and need for those vines of connection is ,, and since daily reading of his word is not dispised by his children ..
1Co 14:1

¶
Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.

1Co 14:2

For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

1Co 14:3 FRANKLY

But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.

1Co 14:4

He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.

1Co 14:5

I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.

1Co 14:6

¶
Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you, except I shall speak to you either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by prophesying, or by doctrine?

1Co 14:7

And even things without life giving sound, whether pipe or harp, except they give a distinction in the sounds, how shall it be known what is piped or harped?

1Co 14:8

For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle?

1Co 14:9

So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air.

1Co 14:10

There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification.

1Co 14:11

Therefore if I know not the meaning of the voice, I shall be unto him that speaketh a barbarian, and he that speaketh shall be a barbarian unto me.

1Co 14:12

Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church.

1Co 14:13

¶
Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.

1Co 14:14

For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

1Co 14:15

What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

1Co 14:16

Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest?

1Co 14:17

For thou verily givest thanks well, but the other is not edified.

1Co 14:18

¶
I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:

1Co 14:19

Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

1Co 14:20

¶
Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.

1Co 14:21

¶
In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.

1Co 14:22

¶
Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

1Co 14:23

If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?

1Co 14:24

But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:

1Co 14:25

And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

1Co 14:26

¶
How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

1Co 14:27

If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.

1Co 14:28

But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.

1Co 14:29

Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.

1Co 14:30

If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.

1Co 14:31

For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.

1Co 14:32

And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

1Co 14:33

For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

1Co 14:34

¶
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

1Co 14:35

And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

1Co 14:36

¶
What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?

1Co 14:37

If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

1Co 14:38

But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

1Co 14:39

¶
Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

1Co 14:40

Let all things be done decently and in order.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 03-15-2018 at 09:22 AM..

Old 03-15-2018, 09:06 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,576 times
You're over reacting n..Xuipa. ....Peace, be still.

Judgementalism and self have to die - Go and speak to Him about that and then come and tell me it ain't so.

Love,

Last edited by Age-enduring; 03-15-2018 at 09:10 AM.. Reason: Order of i and u mixed up in OP's name

Old 03-15-2018, 09:13 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Your use of "MY" and "MINE" are the key words that clue me into what you are about. The bolded part you wrote is very rude and truly unChristlike. Shame on you. I think you are a lunatic, frankly. You are on a religious head trip. Glad I'm not on the bus with you!
I still say he/she is not a person but an AI BOT, maybe an experiment by the PLA, who knows. Search database of religious sayings, throw in a few verses here and there randomly and take parts and piece it together trying to avoid runoff sentences like this and there you have it.

Old 03-15-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
I still say he/she is not a person but an AI BOT, maybe an experiment by the PLA, who knows. Search database of religious sayings, throw in a few verses here and there randomly and take parts and piece it together trying to avoid runoff sentences like this and there you have it.
You know, I actually never really considered that there may be AI BOTS that post here. In our new era of chaos, that is entirely possible. Certainly something worth consideration. God is not the author of mass confusion.

Old 03-15-2018, 09:31 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post

That's a good reminder for all of us, Age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity