Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 09:14 AM

32,529 posts, read 21,828,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I find according to the first-century people of Luke 3:15 that they ( at that first-century time frame ) were in 'expectation' of Messiah's arrival at their time frame.
Jesus proved to be Messiah.
No, they knew exactly what kind of Mashiach that G-d told them to expect...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2018, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
i imagine he caught them on their heals during a time when they least expected.

just seems like something the Lord of Lights would do.
The lord of lights is Lucifer, according to Christian tradition...

Old 04-03-2018, 09:29 AM

10,044 posts, read 6,309,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
They were the "fated" audience, but they were too focused on carnal issues and their expectations of a Worldly King, not a Spiritual one.
They simply were not ready for a message of love and some still seem unready for it.
For someone who is always espousing "agape love" towards all, you certainly seem to have no problem casting negative aspersions towards the Jews because they do not believe the same things YOU do. Seems rather hypocritical to me.

Old 04-03-2018, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
For someone who is always espousing "agape love" towards all, you certainly seem to have no problem casting negative aspersions towards the Jews because they do not believe the same things YOU do. Seems rather hypocritical to me.
Right?...

Old 04-03-2018, 12:20 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,753,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You always make me grin Pin, Yea, it's hard to relay how I see things. There is that outer court of salvation and everyone there is saved, but it is also the court of darkness{Hell} which isn't a part of the temple proper. My idea of salvation is extremely broad, but I know that Jesus has to do exactly what Joseph did after he was rejected by all his brothers which were the heads of all tribes, there is no doubt about that in my mind. A face to face is promised, and a face to face will come, and this is Rosh Hashanah where God promises to come to all his people at once to plead his case, and they all agree at once. That face to face promised is exactly what happened to Paul when Jesus was suddenly there. As the timeline goes, God comes to Judah first before anyone else, and he has a face to face with them where they are greatly strengthened and the world learns about it the day it happens and they have ten days to the judgment of Yom Kippur, and Yom Kippur is clear cut, nobody can deny or refute what Yom Kippur is for, and that is for judging the nations in how they treated Israel.....If so much importance is put on all the nations in how they have treated Israel, it says a lot about how God views Israel just like all the promises to Gentiles who bless them, and it is no doubt true, people who bless them are blessed, they just are who they are.
It seems good to me that you and i continue this conversation to help those who are lacking in the Spirit of Knowledge

A face to face, as in a pillar Cloud and a tent of this body..
i honestly must admit that i have not understood what some have tried to convey concerning the Word. With out the Ruach of Life they seem to only be espousing something very strange.
As ive said before.
The Scriptures have always Appeared to be seamless in perspective. Even like a terrain sometimes.
I could even draw out the pattern i have seen.
It is the Most Beautiful message ever Spoken.
And if a man cannot see that.
they probably need ears first.

Keen Eyes
And it would be that when Moses entered the tent, the pillar of cloud would descend and stand at the entrance of the tent, and He would speak with Moses.
When all the people would see the Pillar of Cloud Standing at the entrance of the tent, all the people would rise and prostrate themselves, each one at the entrance of his tent.
Then the Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as a man would speak to his companion, and he would return to the camp, but his attendant, Joshua, the son of Nun(ephrayim), a lad, would not depart from the tent.
where has caleb gone?
48 planks of gold

Who again is the Living Water..or are there two to many sons of perdition like blind leading the blind...for out of the heart
For My people have committed two evils; they have forsaken Me, the spring of living waters, to dig for themselves cisterns, broken cisterns that do not hold water.

Who could ever forget?
ah, there would have to be an intentional attempt at concealing the Truth of the Torah of Spirit.
and there would need to be many false prophets to go out and mislead sons and daughters into cursing the Faithfulness of those who remained firm.

They say to the wood, "You are my father," and to the stone, "You bore us," for they turned to Me their nape and not their face, and at the time of their misfortune they say, "Arise and save us. "

The Head of Man is...rules over....
as for terrain and a child playing over the hole of an.....

yirmiyahu(jeremiah
For a voice proclaims from Dan and announces calamity from Mt. Ephraim.
yechezkel(ezekiel
And it stretched out a form of a hand, and it took me by a lock of my hair, and a wind picked me up between the earth and between the heaven, and it brought me to Jerusalem in the visions of God, to the entrance of the inner gate that faces north, whereat was the seat of the image of jealousy that provokes jealousy

An image of provocation( jealousy'?
I wonder what provocation this could be"?

Ya,akov(james 3

yeshayahu(isaiah 11
And the envy of Ephraim shall cease, and the adversaries of Judah shall be cut off; Ephraim shall not envy Judah, nor shall Judah vex Ephraim.

Last edited by pinacled; 04-03-2018 at 12:29 PM..

Old 04-03-2018, 12:58 PM

22,747 posts, read 10,207,716 times
Quote:
It seems good to me that you and i continue this conversation to help those who are lacking in the Spirit of Knowledge

i honestly must admit that i have not understood what some have tried to convey concerning the Word. With out the Ruach of Life they seem to only be espousing something very strange.
As ive said before.
The Scriptures have always Appeared to be seamless in perspective. Even like a terrain sometimes.

Keen Eyes
And it would be that when Moses entered the tent, the pillar of cloud would descend and stand at the entrance of the tent, and He would speak with Moses.
When all the people would see the Pillar of Cloud Standing at the entrance of the tent, all the people would rise and prostrate themselves, each one at the entrance of his tent.
Then the Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as a man would speak to his companion, and he would return to the camp, but his attendant, Joshua, the son of Nun(ephrayim), a lad, would not depart from the tent.
where has caleb gone?
48 planks of gold

Who again is the Living Water..or are there two to many sons of perdition like blind leading the blind...for out of the heart
For My people have committed two evils; they have forsaken Me, the spring of living waters, to dig for themselves cisterns, broken cisterns that do not hold water.

Who could ever forget?
ah, there would have to be an intentional attempt at concealing the Truth of the Torah of Spirit.
and there would need to be many false prophets to go out and mislead sons and daughters into cursing the Faithfulness of those who remained firm.
They say to the wood, "You are my father," and to the stone, "You bore us," for they turned to Me their nape and not their face, and at the time of their misfortune they say, "Arise and save us. "

The Head of Man is...rules over....
as for terrain and a child playing over the hole of an.....
yirmiyahu(jeremiah
For a voice proclaims from Dan and announces calamity from Mt. Ephraim.
yechezkel(ezekiel
And it stretched out a form of a hand, and it took me by a lock of my hair, and a wind picked me up between the earth and between the heaven, and it brought me to Jerusalem in the visions of God, to the entrance of the inner gate that faces north, whereat was the seat of the image of jealousy that provokes jealousy

Ya,akov(james 3

yeshayahu(isaiah 11
And the envy of Ephraim shall cease, and the adversaries of Judah shall be cut off; Ephraim shall not envy Judah, nor shall Judah vex Ephraim.
Hey, you wanna see a picture of a child playing over the hole of an asp?

You just made me snap to something, to a scripture I never thought of, and I can't believe I never put that scripture to the right place, I mean, I knew exactly what it was, I just never put that scripture to it, THANKS BRO.

You are looking at a picture of yourself, it is the kingdom of heaven, what you are. You are looking at a black snake with it's mouth opened up wide. There is a veil there, and that veil is rolled up over the fangs of the snake. That veil rolled up is leading down into the earth itself, and so the child is playing over the hole. The question would be,'' Who is the angel speaking to, and why is she telling him to get down in his hole?''

There are 3 of these, one shows the kingdom of the left, one shows the kingdom of the right, and one shows what is between the kingdoms. Everything Da Vinci did was in 3's, you know the plate of the priest with it's 12 stones? You make a frame like that and you insert 12 Da Vinci's.

There are 3 virgins on the rocks, one is male, one is female, and one is the crossing over. They are all showing you what you are, and when you put the 3 together, you begin to read, and then you put the 12 together and make a breastplate. {See the silver cord leading down into that hole? Da Vinci is going to frighten people one day} Anyway, that isn't a good picture of it, and one needs a screen with the most pixels
Attached Thumbnails
Is Jesus the Messiah that the Jews were waiting for?-z11adleonardo-virgin-rocks-detail.png  

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 04-03-2018 at 01:07 PM..

Old 04-03-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
yeshayahu(isaiah 11

Yeshayahu - Isaiah - Chapter 11

13 And the envy of Ephraim shall cease, and the adversaries of Judah shall be cut off; Ephraim shall not envy Judah, nor shall Judah vex Ephraim.

Ephraim shall not envy Judah: The Messiah, the son of David, and the Messiah, the son of Joseph, shall not envy each other.

Old 04-03-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
yechezkel(ezekiel

Ya,akov(james 3

It was Ephraim who brought about the paganism that led many Jews into Paganism, and it was the feasts and worship system of God why Ephraim had to hate Judah. Would that I had been the great king Josiah who caused those women to weep forty years later.

Ezekiel 8 and 9 cover what 666 means when showing the Babylonian Messiah,''' Tammuz.''{At the 6th hour when the date changes to the 6th day, in the 6th month, in the 6th year that every pagan is killed with the name of Tammuz in their foreheads.}

That image of jealousy was a statue of a goddess,'' Ishtar.''

Just 40 years before this came the great king Josiah who had broken down the alters and who had went into the temple and taken the statue of Ishtar to break it in pieces and the women were weeping where the statue had been, 40 years after Josiah. It was most likely a small statue fitted into a shelf in the wall itself.

It almost appears to be a design of 40 years. King Josiah had done something that no king had ever done in fighting paganism, and here 40 years later seems like a trial, and they miserably failed in the last great sacrifice to the birds at the end of 40 years.

Old 04-03-2018, 01:33 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,753,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yeshayahu - Isaiah - Chapter 11

13 And the envy of Ephraim shall cease, and the adversaries of Judah shall be cut off; Ephraim shall not envy Judah, nor shall Judah vex Ephraim.

Ephraim shall not envy Judah: The Messiah, the son of David, and the Messiah, the son of Joseph, shall not envy each other.
yes,
ive heard this before..

I was given more of a visual Understanding.

Avraham
Yisak
Yaakov
Yisrael
Yhdh
Yosef
Benyamin
manesseh{}ephrayim

7 children born of leah
{r}{s}{L} {y} {I}{z}{d}
--------------{y} {d}
--------------{b} {e}
2 children born of rachel.

Dan and Ephrayim to the north given that rachel's servant bore dan.
Also considering the Blessing given by Yisrael and where yosef placed the two children.

And so dan being the significant aspect of being the 5th son as in the 5 yr as judge and witness to the blessings..to come
Ephrayim being the meek to inherit the earth because they are considered a half tribe.

Last edited by pinacled; 04-03-2018 at 01:43 PM..

Old 04-03-2018, 01:33 PM

Quote:

As ive said before.

What I said earlier about that face to face was wrong, but then I get it wrong every once in a while, but that was the timeline in my head trying to figure how things played out. I said that the face to face was Rosh Hashanah, but it is Yom Kippur, and that's good, cause mixing those days up makes me wrong in several places. I am glad you got me there. I don't know how I even got it wrong because the priest standing in the holy of holies is a face to face.

http://www.hebroots.org/hebrootsarchive/0310/0310a.html
Face to Face
The high priest (Cohen HaGadol) could only go into the Holy of Holies once a year (Leviticus [Vayikra] 16:2; Hebrews 9:6-7). (God issued a warning that no man could see His face and live (Exodus [Shemot] 33:20). But because on the Day of Atonement the priest could be in God's presence (Leviticus [Vayikra] 16:2),

another term for the Day of Atonement is "face to face."
By the time of the second temple, this ritual [the high priest's (Cohen HaGadol) ceremony] had been somewhat elaborated, and one crucial element had been added to it. That element was that on three separate occasions, in a grand crescendo, the high priest appeared before the people, and three times he recited a formula of confession in their hearing. The first confession was on the account of his own sins and those of his household; the second, on the account of the priestly tribe of Levi; the third, on the account of the whole people.

On this occasion only, in the entire year, the confession included the priest's saying aloud the name of God embodied in the Hebrew letters YHVH (called the Tetragrammaton). This was the name that God gave and explained to Moses (Moshe) at the burning bush, the name that was a kind of distillation of "I am Becoming Who I am Becoming," the name that was not a name in the sense of a label by which God could be called and controlled, and therefore the name that could not be said aloud. It was, therefore, all year long euphemized by saying, whenever YHVH appeared in the text, or invocation, Adonai, The Lord. Only on Yom Kippur was the name said, aloud, in all its original awesomeness. (How the name was pronounced on this occasion was so thoroughly protected from record-keeping, that might profane it, that we no longer know how it was done.)

In each confession, when the high priest reached the recitation of the name, the whole people would prostrate themselves and say aloud, "Baruch shem K'vod malchuto l'olam va'ed," which means, "Blessed be the Name of the radiance of the Kingship, forever and beyond." On the third recitation, the one for their own sins, they knew that the high priest (Cohen HaGadol) had just before-on this one occasion in all the year-entered the Holy of Holies, the inmost room of the temple (Beit HaMikdash) where God's Presence was most fully felt. He entered it three times, and only then came out to confess on behalf of all the people and put their sins upon the head of the goat for azazel.

The result of this triple entry into the Holy of Holies, this triple recitation of God's most holy name, and this triple prostration by the entire people, was an utterly awesome sense of God's Presence making atonement for the people, cleansing them of all their sins, permitting them to begin the year afresh, renewing their lives. So total was this sense of transformation that, after it, the mood of the people shifted from solemn awe to joyful celebration. The young, unmarried men and women went to dance in the fields and to choose spouses for themselves. Yom Kippur and the fifteenth of Av were the only days in the year when this kind of mass public espousal would take place.

Therefore, when the high priest stood before God on this day, he was said to be "face to face" with God. Because of this, Yom Kippur became known by the phrase "face to face." "Face to face" terminology was used in First Corinthians 13:9-12, as it is written:
For we know in part; and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known (1 Corinthians 13:9-12).

Both verse 11 and the phrase in verse 12, "For now we see through a glass, darkly" come from the Jewish Midrash.

"Face to Face" is the title of a chapter in Arthur Waskow's book, Seasons of Our Joy, on the topic of Yom Kippur. "Face to face" is an idiom for Yom Kippur. Why? It was on Yom Kippur that the high priest had to go behind the veil of the temple. At that moment, the nation had to hold its breath because the nation's fate depended upon God's accepting the sacrifice. At that point, the high priest was "face to face with the mercy seat of God."
When the high priest (Cohen HaGadol) entered the Holy of Holies, he saw the Lord's presence as a brilliant cloud hovering above the mercy seat (Leviticus [Vayikra] 16:2). The word for mercy seat in Hebrew is kapporet. It comes from the root word kaphar, which is the same word used for "atonement." The mercy seat can also be translated as the seat of atonement. The mercy seat is described in detail in Exodus (Shemot) 25:17-22 and 37:6-9. This is the place where Moses (Moshe) met and spoke with God face to face (Exodus [Shemot] 25:22; 30:6; Numbers [Bamidbar] 7:89).
The Day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity