Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 01:10 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,027,691 times

Advertisements

As a contrast to 2040 and n...Xiupa's view, which I respect and have believed myself, it's appropriate to post the alternative preterist view of Jesus's 'second coming', that it happened in AD70 - that was the formal "end of the age". I'm only partial preterist in that I don't think we've seen everything unfold yet, with respect to biblical prophecy, i.e. the manifest sons of God, ...but for that reason, neither do I think Jesus is yet to come back again again. It could be the celestial bodies transformation, we haven't seen yet (in the next 25 years) if it really applies to you and I, and as individuals we tick all the boxes to qualify - yea, that would be nice.

Jesus, the Son of Man, was LITERALLY Seen in the Clouds in A.D. 66 - Revelation Revolution
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2018, 05:23 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
In 25 yrs? Well, if my friends are any indication, well, and myself..
More and more will become conscious human beings...I mean, awake.
This new generation of young people reminds me of the HippiePeaceWoodstock Movement.
Very positive things happening already.

Old 03-27-2018, 05:29 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
“but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.”

I find this a bit worrisome. If you don’t stand firm under great persecution or you happen to stumble, you may end up losing your salvation?
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
From my perspective, if you're worried about your salvation you've already lost it. (OK that sounded good but I don't really believe that. I just think you're burning daylight focusing on the wrong thing) If you are like Jesus in this world you don't care about your own salvation. You can't serve 2 masters.
What did Christ say about searching for the one of the 99 that was lost?

It is absolutely mind shattering that evangelical;s teach and FEAR losing "salvation."

Old 03-27-2018, 05:36 AM

2,771 posts, read 2,301,494 times
Quote:
Need a break from the bickering? I am picking a topic that is benign and hope everyone will feel safe to opine.

be·nign
bəˈnīn
adjective
1.gentle; kindly.
"her face was calm and benign"
synonyms: kindly, kind, warmhearted, good-natured, friendly, warm, affectionate, agreeable, genial, congenial, cordial, approachable, tenderhearted, gentle, sympathetic, compassionate, caring, well disposed, benevolent
"a benign grandfatherly role"
I predict someone will turn a benign thread into anything but.

Old 03-27-2018, 06:22 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:
Need a break from the bickering? I am picking a topic that is benign and hope everyone will feel safe to opine.

What do you think will happen in the next 25 years that will be considered earth shattering?

Eschatology aside, my prediction is...

Some event will take place that will shake the faith of even the most hard core fundie. This result will make many abandon their faith. What it will be I don’t know but it will be exciting to some, dreadful to others, and a bit terrifying for all.
I'm gonna be OLD!!!

No, actually, I probably won't be here. That isn't pessimism, it's just my reality. I've had an epic run though. I met and fell in love with Christ, I've got the best friends in the world, and I've seen some truly jaw droppingly spectacular things. I'm totally ready, and I can't wait.

The rest of ya...totally hosed. (I'm kidding...I hope!)

Old 03-27-2018, 07:24 AM

1,183 posts, read 536,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
As a contrast to 2040 and n...Xiupa's view, which I respect and have believed myself, it's appropriate to post the alternative preterist view of Jesus's 'second coming', that it happened in AD70 - that was the formal "end of the age". I'm only partial preterist in that I don't think we've seen everything unfold yet, with respect to biblical prophecy, i.e. the manifest sons of God, ...but for that reason, neither do I think Jesus is yet to come back again again. It could be the celestial bodies transformation, we haven't seen yet (in the next 25 years) if it really applies to you and I, and as individuals we tick all the boxes to qualify - yea, that would be nice.

Jesus, the Son of Man, was LITERALLY Seen in the Clouds in A.D. 66 - Revelation Revolution

Hank Hanagraaf is Partial Preterist. I used to love listening to his show, the Bible Answer man.

I remember Hank said that Revelation repeats what Daniel prophesied and many of the events were fullfilled. As far as Jesus coming in the clouds I have heard the “clouds” are the host of angels. Of course I am being a parrot

Old 03-27-2018, 08:32 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,363,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
In 25 yrs? Well, if my friends are any indication, well, and myself..
More and more will become conscious human beings...I mean, awake.
This new generation of young people reminds me of the HippiePeaceWoodstock Movement.
Very positive things happening already.
I agree about the new generation but I think it's going to take a divine intervention to turn things around. It's easy for us to wish and hope for a bright future but what hope do the 2-3 billion people alive today without electricity have? I keep opening my bible over and over in regard to His coming and interestingly, it is a day of mourning for the nations. I believe His angels will fill the skies even in our lifetimes to root out those that do evil. They will cry for the mountains to fall upon them. I thought this too back in the 70's , but didn't take into account His delaying it for our sake. That's my prediction.

Old 03-27-2018, 08:43 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:

What do you think will happen in the next 25 years that will be considered earth shattering?

Eschatology aside, my prediction is...

Some event will take place that will shake the faith of even the most hard core fundie. This result will make many abandon their faith. What it will be I don’t know but it will be exciting to some, dreadful to others, and a bit terrifying for all.
I hope so. I honestly do. The Evangelicals in America need to be woke up.

But realistically, we'll continue to watch the phenomenon of the lukewarm Christian become more and more common. People that read and want to follow the Bible will be less and less common and attacked more and more.

Old 03-27-2018, 08:52 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,027,691 times
Quote:
Hank Hanagraaf is Partial Preterist. I used to love listening to his show, the Bible Answer man.

I remember Hank said that Revelation repeats what Daniel prophesied and many of the events were fullfilled. As far as Jesus coming in the clouds I have heard the “clouds” are the host of angels. Of course I am being a parrot
And since Revelation is a book full of symbolisms about the revelation of Jesus Christ in the inner man (not out with), then we should not build an eschatology on it, ...though it is tempting - a nice ear tickler.

Old 03-27-2018, 08:57 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I hope so. I honestly do. The Evangelicals in America need to be woke up.

But realistically, we'll continue to watch the phenomenon of the lukewarm Christian become more and more common. People that read and want to follow the Bible will be less and less common and attacked more and more.
And the world will be on its way to nirvana.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity