Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2018, 12:36 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times

Advertisements

It's as easy as quoting God, and quoting Jesus and watch how they fall one after the other, and some will even go as far as to PROVE Jesus to be a liar or mistaken. They altogether reject everything about Jesus and then they pretend that they are different than you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2018, 01:16 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
There's a parable about that--the one where the people who worked one hour get paid the same as the ones who worked a full day, and the full-dayers whine about it.
You think that parable teaches UR?

Old 05-05-2018, 01:18 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
There seems to be a feeling that if they don't, Christians got rooked somehow.
If that was the case, we wouldn’t spend time, effort and money sharing the gospel with others.

Old 05-05-2018, 01:20 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
If that was the case, we wouldn’t spend time, effort and money sharing the gospel with others.
Of course you would. You believe that is your work (for which you will receive rewards) to tell people that if they don't believe Jesus is their savior, they are going to hell.

Old 05-05-2018, 01:23 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Of course you would. You believe that is your work (for which you will receive rewards) to tell people that if they don't believe Jesus is their savior, they are going to hell.

Old 05-05-2018, 01:35 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
There's a parable about that--the one where the people who worked one hour get paid the same as the ones who worked a full day, and the full-dayers whine about it.
Now you got me looking and reading that parable over and over, the thing is, when you see the term,'' The kingdom of heaven,'' it is always speaking about what a person is, a person IS the kingdom of heaven.

This is a very hard parable for me, except that I know some things, but I don't have this one figured out yet.

The Parable of the Vineyard Workers
1For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard. 2And when he had agreed with the labourers for a penny a day, he sent them into his vineyard. 3And he went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace, 4And said unto them; Go ye also into the vineyard, and whatsoever is right I will give you. And they went their way. 5Again he went out about the sixth and ninth hour, and did likewise. 6And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle, and saith unto them, Why stand ye here all the day idle? 7They say unto him, Because no man hath hired us. He saith unto them, Go ye also into the vineyard; and whatsoever is right, that shall ye receive.
8So when even was come, the lord of the vineyard saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first. 9And when they came that were hired about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny. 10But when the first came, they supposed that they should have received more; and they likewise received every man a penny. 11And when they had received it, they murmured against the goodman of the house, 12Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day. 13But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny? 14Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee. 15Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good? 16So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

BECAUSE many be called, but few chosen. Why is it ,'' BECAUSE,'' many are called but few are chosen?

Who are the chosen in this parable, and why does it come down to the chosen?

The kingdom of heaven is your right eye, your left eye, and your middle eye, and these are Judah, Ephraim, and Jerusalem respectively.

You are the kingdom of heaven which are two kingdoms that fight each other like two brothers in a womb, and in between these two kingdoms is Jerusalem where IF the kingdom of Ephraim will come and submit to the kingdom of Judah where they make peace in Jerusalem BECAUSE Ephraim has repented and now come back to the ways of Jerusalem, and by this action, comes peace.

But the answer to this parable is like on the tip of my tongue and yet I can't taste it yet. As Parables go, they are never saying exactly what most people think they say, but it is a good example, a good come back lol. O, Did I mention how much I like you lately Queeny, you know you shouldn't get Hannibal to thinking, my head might explode.

Old 05-05-2018, 02:41 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
"Did God really say" that the same all who died in Adam are the all who will be made alive in Christ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Now that you've admitted that what Paul wrote is from God and not from him, then "all Scripture is God-breathed".
Jesus the love man also said:
Matthew 25:31-46
John 5:28-29
---------that his judgments are just John 5:30
Then "all = all inclusive" is cherry picking reasoning
Quote:
Twisty, Twin. That's not what I said, of course. It is on those of you who believe that every word in the bible is God speaking, to resolve all the words and make them a cohesive whole. Good luck.

Is it the same all or isn't it, Twin?
you didn't say what you just did ... however no doubt you're counting on what you didn't say that that will be the God's truth despite Jesus the love man saying:
Good luck with cherry picking.

Old 05-05-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

you didn't say what you just did ... however no doubt you're counting on what you didn't say that that will be the God's truth despite Jesus the love man saying:
Good luck with cherry picking.
Avoiding the question, Twin?

"Did God say" that the same all that died in Adam would also be made alive in Christ? If you think God said it, what does it mean to you?

Old 05-05-2018, 03:57 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Avoiding the question, Twin?

"Did God say" that the same all that died in Adam would also be made alive in Christ? If you think God said it, what does it mean to you?
It was already explained what it means. Did God say it in your opinion?

Old 05-05-2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It was already explained what it means. Did God say it in your opinion?

It's self-explanatory what it means. The author believed that ALL people would be made alive and in the image of the "man of heaven".

No, God didn't say it, silly. It was written in a book, by a man. But the person who wrote it may have been inspired to write it by beginning to comprehend and experience the all-encompassing depth and breadth and width and height of the love of God, which surpasses knowledge, and is the power at work within us doing more than we can ask or even think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity